7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Blackman was terrible this year!! Tuesday night should be one heck of a game!!! Go Siegel! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Blackman knows their season wasn't very good. No need to pile on.

Some peoples children. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill state some obvious, if the Stars play like they did yesterday they would be very tough for any team in the state to beat.

Siegel did play well, but Lebanon acted as if they didnt even want to be there. They settled for jumpshots 90% of the time whether Siegel was in the 1-3-1 or man to man, and those long misses just further accelerated Siegel's fast break and then, they did a horrible job of dribble penetration. There was consistently a crease in Siegel's zone that Lebanon chose not to exploit and it cost them. You cannot run with Siegel for the whole game and hope to win, you have to pick and choose your spots in which to push it.

With that said, I know Siegel makes it bones pushing the break, but I think they need to know when they are times that you cant push it up without expecting a turnover. Meaning, at times, their body moves faster than the brain can think. You would think after getting the hammer dropped on them the first few times by Siegel playing this way, that Lebanon would try a different approach, I know its what they do well, but you can be married to a particularly philosophy or way of doing things if the odds are so stacked against you.

A. Hating on Blackman this season is about as bad as hating on Warren Co. Neither need to be told they are not top tier programs.

B. Yeah the game at Lebanon was close through most of it and they ran and took jumpers. Dotson had them outcoached for anyone who saw both games though. It was one of the best coaching jobs on the season for Dotson. They had hands in their face on every jump shot. They dont have the height to go inside on Siegel really unless they beat us down there. We are long and bothersome to good shooting teams usually. We played flat in the first against Lebanon last game. I feel this was a statement from the Stars last night. They are in it to win it. Cant wait for tuesday night.

A. Hating on Blackman this season is about as bad as hating on Warren Co. Neither need to be told they are not top tier programs.

B. Yeah the game at Lebanon was close through most of it and they ran and took jumpers. Dotson had them outcoached for anyone who saw both games though. It was one of the best coaching jobs on the season for Dotson. They had hands in their face on every jump shot. They dont have the height to go inside on Siegel really unless they beat us down there. We are long and bothersome to good shooting teams usually. We played flat in the first against Lebanon last game. I feel this was a statement from the Stars last night. They are in it to win it. Cant wait for tuesday night.

I didnt say they had to post up, but you have to penetrate to break down the defense. Its pretty easy to defend when all they do is shoot jumpshots. At this point in the season, everybody is "in it to win it"

I dont know if we saw the same game, because Lebanon definitely attempted to penetrate but when you have the length Siegel does its pretty hard to get good shots off inside. Siegel comes out and mops Lebanon a team that Oakland beat by 13 and 9 during the season after they played us tough at their house last time and you try to play devils advocate. Its not Warren Co we were playing. Lebanon isnt a push over and we destroyed them in every single aspect. Coaching, shooting, rebounding, defense, passing, everything yet you try to come up with excuses to why we killed them? You have to be kidding me, I dont know if its ignorance or if you missed some of the game or what but Lebanon played the style of ball they play every single game and got dominated. No excuses for a team to lose by 39 points. I think Siegel is now turning on the switch and playing on a different level then we were late in the season. Hope everyone that can makes it to the district championship, should be a great game, hate facing Oakland when there on a long win streak like they are.

Truly inspiring article in the DNJ today about Neal Carroll from Siegel. Thanks DNJ for showcasing this amazing young man and his survival!

Great article, very impressive. Neal is one of, if not, the best stories to ever happen in this district. He truly can do anything he wants if he has fought through all odds to live and go on to play basketball. He's been a great Star and a fan favorite that will be missed next season.

I dont know if we saw the same game, because Lebanon definitely attempted to penetrate but when you have the length Siegel does its pretty hard to get good shots off inside. Siegel comes out and mops Lebanon a team that Oakland beat by 13 and 9 during the season after they played us tough at their house last time and you try to play devils advocate. Its not Warren Co we were playing. Lebanon isnt a push over and we destroyed them in every single aspect. Coaching, shooting, rebounding, defense, passing, everything yet you try to come up with excuses to why we killed them? You have to be kidding me, I dont know if its ignorance or if you missed some of the game or what but Lebanon played the style of ball they play every single game and got dominated. No excuses for a team to lose by 39 points. I think Siegel is now turning on the switch and playing on a different level then we were late in the season. Hope everyone that can makes it to the district championship, should be a great game, hate facing Oakland when there on a long win streak like they are.

where are all these great -players going to school next year?

We saw the same game. I am not trying to take anything away from Siegel, they played well, but Lebanon just didnt come to play. lol Why would I make excuses for a team that has been a big rival of Oakland's all along the years. I came up with reasons why Siegel won, but by no means was it the flawless game that you are making it out to be. They were holes in their defense, Lebanon just could not exploit them. They basically let Siegel drive the length of the court after a made basket, no excuse for allowing that to happen on a consistent basis, no matter who the opponent. Doesnt feel too good when somebody tries to cheapen a win, eh?

Great article, very impressive. Neal is one of, if not, the best stories to ever happen in this district. He truly can do anything he wants if he has fought through all odds to live and go on to play basketball. He's been a great Star and a fan favorite that will be missed next season.

If Neal's story is considered 1A, then the story of Brandon Messick would have to be considered 1B.