7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Not to mention Michael Couey, Clay Shirley, Ricky Swader, Tony Smith, Wardell Alsup (football, but boro is counting Montori in his numbers), Adareus Dixon, Matt Joines, Joe Barker, Jafarious Wade, Shane Harb.... More completely ridiculous claims by boro.

Hoops, the claim by boroballer was that it was a shame that as good as Oakland has been over the years, he could count on one hand the number of Oakland players that have gone on to play in college. He didn't limit it to the past 5 years.

I'm failing to see a "Dotson factor". Based on your statements, I would argue that all 5 of the Siegel guys (Oden, Ramsey, Roper, Jones, Cutter) that have received scholarships to play in college were (in your words), superstars that got noticed simply because they stood out. How much work do you think it took to get these guys some exposure? All 5 of them played a pretty heavy summer circuit while in HS. Those 5 guys would have received offers regardless of who their high school coach was. I don't think you can say the same thing for some of those Oakland guys that were mentioned above. Do you really think that no other program in the midstate has sent 9 guys to higher education in the past 5 years? There's no way of finding out for sure, but I would be willing to bet that it has been done. Why not just be proud of the fact that you guys have had 5 (6 if you count Montori) players that were talented enough to play at the next level?

The average CoachT ranking for all District 8 teams is 55.7.

The average CoachT ranking for District 8 teams minus Shelbyville & Columbia is 76.

The average CoachT ranking for all District 7 teams is 60.5

The average CoachT ranking for District 7 teams minus Siegel & Oakland is 76.2.

If District 8 is the worst in the state, then District 7 isn't far behind based on the above numbers. I would generally agree that District 7 is typically tougher top to bottom then District 8. That doesn't seem to be the case so much this season.

Boro, I'm going to keep calling you to the carpet as long as you keep making these ridiculously unfounded generalized statements.

To be fair, I was the one that said I could count on one hand how many guys Oakland has had go DIVISION I. Boroballer tried to twist to my post to make it sound like it was just a handful period, just want to clarify. Although I do love the research being done.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am sure you will enjoy putting another notch to your district, regional,ect... but you will not be putting a state title down so enjoy another year of getting to the state title possibly but no hardware to go with it. Siegel has to be the favorite from the region to go to states but I will guarantee they will not win the title. There are atleast three teams better than them White Station, Raleigh Egypt, and Bearden.

I wouldn't be hammering on the Siegel posters too much "Treyvols99", I can remember you coming on this thread last year, telling everybody how great Shelbyville was, and it didn't quite work out that way. Don't get me wrong, I think Shelbyville is a very good basketball team and is probably coached as well as any team in the Midstate, but the "OLE SWAMI" will be back come region time, to answer everyone's questions. Good luck to all tonight. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!

I wouldn't be hammering on the Siegel posters too much "Treyvols99", I can remember you coming on this thread last year, telling everybody how great Shelbyville was, and it didn't quite work out that way. Don't get me wrong, I think Shelbyville is a very good basketball team and is probably coached as well as any team in the Midstate, but the "OLE SWAMI" will be back come region time, to answer everyone's questions. Good luck to all tonight. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!

I did come on here and say Shelbyville would beat Siegel last year and I was wrong. I stated that I ate my crow last year on about 10 pages ago on this thread so lets read up there Swami. Also I never stated Shelbyville was the best in the state even if I said they would beat Siegel. Shelbyville can play with Siegel and beat them if Andrews and Twilley play to their potential. I will say this Shelbyville and Oakland have the best defense of any of the other teams in this region and all I was saying was dont count out Shelbyville or Columbia and their "weak district". Oakland beat Siegel by 10 so that shows that Siegel can be beaten and if they dont bring their A-game and come out on the court thinking they will beat anyone they play then they will be watching the games at the glass house like everyone else. I appologize if I bother you or you feel I should not talk but I am not stating world dominance of Shelbyville just adding my two cents when certain posters come on here throwing out statements about teams and districts being weak yet numbers prove them wrong.

Great effort by White County tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The game with Cookeville was tied after the first quarter. Cookeville led at the half by 7. WC cut the lead down to 2 points in the 3rd, but trailed by 5 after 3 quarters. WC couldn't get any closer than 3 points in the 4th and missed several free throws that could have really made a difference. I'm proud of our guys. They never gave up tonight. Ah to have had Aaron Puckett tonight and all season. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Final score was 58-48 in Cookevilles favor.

No one likes Siegel...ha ha haha.

I guess we are only "haters" because we don't realize there true greatness lol...riiiight..

I think someone on here told me that they don't ever worry about Oakland? They only worry bout Siegel? Ok thats why u cry cry cry when the DNJ talks about Jamal 1 time lol..

Remember this Write it down do what ya gotta do. SIEGEL WILL NOT WIN STATE.

before u try to say anything I don't expect Oakland to win state.

I've heard Dotson already picked the design for the state rings haha.

HOOTERS HOOTERS HOOTERS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is HERE !!!! Congrats to all the worthy winner's of all the district awards handed out today. Everyone has their favorites, but it's hard to argue against the ones that won the awards. The "SWAMI" is looking to improve on his amazing (50-6) regular season district record, but this is "nut-check" time and anything can happen. Let's get to the games of Friday night: White County will make the short trip over to hated rival Cookeville, but the home standing CAVS will prove too tough. Cookeville by 11. My Pioneers will go into the "BORO" and get overwelmed by the Home-standing Stars, Siegel by 40. Blackman will play at Oakland, but the "D" of the Patriots will be too much for the Blaze to overcome, Oakland by 23. And Finally, Riverdale will lose at Lebanon, falling to the Blue Devils by 13 points. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The "SWAMI" is HERE!!!!!!!!! And after yet another (4-0) night , the "SWAMI" now stands at (54-6) for the year !!! Congrats to all the winner's tonight !! ( Notice how close I got the scores ), It really doesn't matter what happens Monday night, cause every team left in 7aaa will represent this district in championship form. Let the games begin !!! The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!

Siegel cruises to 7-AAA quarterfinal win

By DOUG DYER ??? DNJ CORRESPONDENT ??? February 20, 2009

Buzz up! On a night when neither team could claim to be proficient at shooting the basketball, Siegel??™s stifling defense was the deciding factor in the Stars??™ 67-31 home victory over Warren County Friday in the District 7-AAA quarterfinals.

???Coach preaches defense every day in practice,??? junior guard Marc Gooch said. ???Defense is what gets us going; a fast pace especially gets me going.???

Gooch was one of the few bright spots for a Siegel offense that struggled at times despite averaging close to 75 points in its last six games coming into the district tournament. The junior guard finished with 22 points to lead all scorers.

Siegel will face Lebanon today in the semifinals after its victory over Riverdale Friday.

It was easy to deduce that things might be out of sorts all around when the game clock stopped working twice in the first quarter, then quit for good with just over six minutes remaining in the game.

???When the clock went off, I thought things would just go downhill from there,??? Gooch said. ???But defense is what did it for us.???

The Pioneers tried to play physical with Siegel, and things got chippy at times with multiple technical fouls on both teams and some rough play in the paint.

???We knew they didn??™t have anything to lose, so they were going to come in here and be physical,??? Siegel coach Ben Dotson said.

In the first half alone, the Stars were unofficially 15-of-36 from the floor, with Gooch connecting on 8-of-11. Warren County was just as dismal, shooting 5-of-20 in the first two quarters.

???It was hard for us to get into a rhythm because I was trying to get a lot of guys in there and work on our bench for the postseason,??? Dotson said.

Gooch was most of the offense for the Stars in the first half, who had trouble finding the bottom of the net despite a rash of turnovers by Warren County. Take away his 20 points, and it??™s a 15-11 game at the half.

Siegel??™s aggressive defense generally kept the offense in disarray for the Pioneers, though, which gave the Stars more opportunities at the offensive end. Creating offense with its defense is a big reason why Siegel has been so successful, Dotson said.

???It??™s all about getting hands in the passing lanes, then getting things going in transition,??? he said. ???We??™re so long, we cause a lot of (disruption).???

I personally do not care if Oakland wins as long as they dont when they play us. Their is only one team I worry about and that is Siegel. Oakland can do whatever they wanna do. I love how everyone on hear uses "Siegel fans" are obnoxious as the excuse to hate Siegel, like everyone doesnt hate the baby of the district anyways. Were like the little brother that stole attention from big brother thats why were hated. I could be the nicest most modest guy on earth and everyone on here would not like Siegel regardless. Btw mackie nice percentages, but I got one for you, first 5 years Siegel was in existence, 3 state tournament appearances for a total of 60% of them. Oakland just one in those 5 years for a total of 20%. Wins and losses during the regular season do not matter to a true high school basketball fan. All that matters is bringing it when its tournament time which we have done better then anyone. Tyler Cutter was on the bench for 3 state tournaments, what white county or Oakland players has done that? Im sure gribble or one of the white county players has Im just curious as to who.

Talking about winning TJ as my post above reads.