7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

And in the last 5 years how many times has White Co. been to the state...NONE, Siegel won when it mattered!!! And by the way Tyler went to 2 state tournaments. That's more than any White Co. player combined in the the last 5 years!!! Go Siegel! Good luck in the tourney! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guy if they won when it matter'd they would have a Gold ball..

SiegelGrad I'm in thesame boat as u. I'd like oakland to win them a Gold ball too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25.1 is very very impressive. Hopefully Siegel can start a run here in the tournament. Be really nice to win a gold ball like White Co.

congrats to all of the teams of the past and my hat is off to them. lets talk about the present. siegel or oakland will win the region. siegel and oakland both are better than shelbyville and columbia. i cant wait to watch oakland and cookeville play saturday night!!!!

congrats to all of the teams of the past and my hat is off to them. lets talk about the present. siegel or oakland will win the region. siegel and oakland both are better than shelbyville and columbia. i cant wait to watch oakland and cookeville play saturday night!!!!

Alot of assumptions there. Given the craziness of the postseason, it could very well be Columbia-Shelbyville, or any other possible combination. Oakland has to win friday to get to saturday, which is no given.

Siegel is the most talented team in the region. That's a given. Oakland is the most well-coached team, and with that, the most disciplined. Shelbyville is quite possibly the most athletic, although not as clearcut as in years past. Have not seen Columbia play, but from what I hear they could give anyone a scare on a given night.

The winner of this region should, once again, be a representative in Murfreesboro.

Should be very interesting.

Siegel is the most talented team in the region. That's a given. Oakland is the most well-coached team, and with that, the most disciplined. Shelbyville is quite possibly the most athletic, although not as clearcut as in years past. Have not seen Columbia play, but from what I hear they could give anyone a scare on a given night.

The winner of this region should, once again, be a representative in Murfreesboro.

Should be very interesting.

I will go as far as to say that you need to add an s, meaning plural.

Haven't seen Blackman play this year, but do know they are usually a tough out, even on a down year. My mistake on reading the bracket.

Blackman is alot like Oakland in the way they approach their overall play, especially on the defensive end. Blackman usually plays Oakland pretty tough, which is why the result of the last game was suprising to a degree.

I wouldn't count Cookeville totally out of it. If they are hot they can give ANYBODY in this district a scare.

Is this how it ends Boro? Guess we will just gloss over the Father Ryan, Div. II Mr. Basketball, and Siegel's schedule "flaws" issues (Alcoa, Lincoln Co, & Overton).

Here's the thing, you got me interested in looking at more than just this year's schedule. And you actually have a decent argument about Oakland's scheduling. However, when you make comments such as the Father Ryan one, the Div II Mr Basketball finalists, and omit Siegel's worst opponent when trying to compare strength of schedules, then it nullifies the argument that your trying to make and discredits what your trying to say.

I went back and compared Oakland and Siegel's non-district regular season opponents since Siegel began playing 5 years ago. Based on results posted on the T (which we know aren't 100% correct, but good enough for my purposes), Siegel's opponents are a combined 1156-770 (60% winning %) and Oakland's opponents are 1039-896 (54% winning percentage).

As much as I don't like saying it OP, there does appear to be some validity to boro's argument. I don't think this cheapens or downgrades Oakland's or King's success (because as I will show you below, they are THE district measuring stick), but it does add a little insight to the constant 20-win seasons. But I might add that there are many teams at all levels that don't win the games they are supposed to, so you still got to give some credit to the Patriots for getting the job done each year.

im glad you know everything about the district from the 80s and 90s. what has happened in the last 5 years? SIEGEL DOMINATION!!!!!

There is no doubt that Siegel has achieved the most post-season success in the past 5 years of this district, but to say that they have dominated the district is not completely accurate. I compared Siegel and Oaklands records against district opponents (including post-season) over the past 5 seasons. It's pretty interesting:

Siegel's total record: 67-32 (68% winning %)

against Oakland: 9-7 (56%)

against Blackman: 8-4 (67%)

against Riverdale: 7-6 (54%)

against Lebanon: 11-6 (65%)

against White Co: 9-6 (60%)

against Cookeville: 11-2 (85%)

against Warren Co: 12-1 (92%)

Oakland's total record: 83-21 (80% winning %)

against Siegel: 7-9 (44%)

against Blackman: 13-2 (87%)

against Riverdale: 12-4 (75%)

against Lebanon: 11-2 (85%)

against White Co: 14-3 (82%)

against Cookeville: 12-1 (92%)

against Warren Co: 14-0 (100%)

Siegel does have the better head to head record, and that's not disputable. But it's hard to overlook the fact that Oakland wins 86% of their games against the remaining district opponents. That is ridiculously consistent.

Is this how it ends Boro? Guess we will just gloss over the Father Ryan, Div. II Mr. Basketball, and Siegel's schedule "flaws" issues (Alcoa, Lincoln Co, & Overton).

Here's the thing, you got me interested in looking at more than just this year's schedule. And you actually have a decent argument about Oakland's scheduling. However, when you make comments such as the Father Ryan one, the Div II Mr Basketball finalists, and omit Siegel's worst opponent when trying to compare strength of schedules, then it nullifies the argument that your trying to make and discredits what your trying to say.

I went back and compared Oakland and Siegel's non-district regular season opponents since Siegel began playing 5 years ago. Based on results posted on the T (which we know aren't 100% correct, but good enough for my purposes), Siegel's opponents are a combined 1156-770 (60% winning %) and Oakland's opponents are 1039-896 (54% winning percentage).

As much as I don't like saying it OP, there does appear to be some validity to boro's argument. I don't think this cheapens or downgrades Oakland's or King's success (because as I will show you below, they are THE district measuring stick), but it does add a little insight to the constant 20-win seasons. But I might add that there are many teams at all levels that don't win the games they are supposed to, so you still got to give some credit to the Patriots for getting the job done each year.

There is no doubt that Siegel has achieved the most post-season success in the past 5 years of this district, but to say that they have dominated the district is not completely accurate. I compared Siegel and Oaklands records against district opponents (including post-season) over the past 5 seasons. It's pretty interesting:

Siegel's total record: 67-32 (68% winning %)

against Oakland: 9-7 (56%)

against Blackman: 8-4 (67%)

against Riverdale: 7-6 (54%)

against Lebanon: 11-6 (65%)

against White Co: 9-6 (60%)

against Cookeville: 11-2 (85%)

against Warren Co: 12-1 (92%)

Oakland's total record: 83-21 (80% winning %)

against Siegel: 7-9 (44%)

against Blackman: 13-2 (87%)

against Riverdale: 12-4 (75%)

against Lebanon: 11-2 (85%)

against White Co: 14-3 (82%)

against Cookeville: 12-1 (92%)

against Warren Co: 14-0 (100%)

Siegel does have the better head to head record, and that's not disputable. But it's hard to overlook the fact that Oakland wins 86% of their games against the remaining district opponents. That is ridiculously consistent.

I have never disputed the fact that Oakland plays a scaled down schedule. Due to reasons that are unknown to everyone else, Oakland chooses to just play who they can within the Middle Tennessee area. If they intentionally set up the schedule as such to pad wins, I could understand. But for the last 20 years, I think it is safe to say that Oakland's schedule has done a pretty good job of getting Oakland prepared for a possible deep run into the tournament. Take out all the 20 win seasons for all I care, Oakland's success regardless still carries alot of weight. As ive said before, there is no right or wrong way to prepare a schedule as long as it prepares them for post-season play. Games against Whites Creek, Overton, Maplewood, Clarksville NW, and Hunters Lane were all designed to prepare Oakland for teams that are a little bit faster than Oakland, trying to force an uptempo style of play.

That doesnt mean I wish that we played some better teams. Id kill to play Columbia and Science Hill on a consistent basis like Oakland did in the 90's.