7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

I don't have the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if a team has averaged 18 points per win in this district before. The Oakland team that finished runner up in the state in the 80's DOMINATED everybody and White County DOMINATED this Dist. from 97-99. Somebody on here didn't think Oakland had ever finished runner up in the state and they were proved WRONG and somebody just yesterday didn't think anybody in this Dist. had ever been nominated Mr. Basketball before{WRONG!!!}{Jolly nominated twice and won it once}. It's gonna be hard for Siegel to break ANY records in this Dist. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh yeah, Notre Dame hasn't won it all since 1988. he he

im glad you know everything about the district from the 80s and 90s. what has happened in the last 5 years? SIEGEL DOMINATION!!!!!

and the average wasnt each win by 18 points, siegel averages outscoring all district opponents by 18.2 ppg. that includs the loss to oakland.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? You don't have to be obnoxious on Coach T to be a siegel fan, you just make it seem that way. It' s great for Kerry. I just don't think a feature story on another player takes anything away from him.

Im not trying to be obnoxious at all, I think the DNJ is obnoxious for sharing the spotlight with Jamal, let them each have there day, dont write them on the same day, this is why the DNJ is a crap newspaper.

im glad you know everything about the district from the 80s and 90s. what has happened in the last 5 years? SIEGEL DOMINATION!!!!!

and the average wasnt each win by 18 points, siegel averages outscoring all district opponents by 18.2 ppg. that includs the loss to oakland.

I wouldn't say Siegel dominated last year. WC actually dominated Siegel last year{3 games to 1} even though we lost substate. I believe WC got the best of Siegel Cutters junior season as well. WC won both games that year.

I understood the 18 points the first time you said it. I'd say that is NOT a record.

I wouldn't say Siegel dominated last year. WC actually dominated Siegel last year{3 games to 1} even though we lost substate. I believe WC got the best of Siegel Cutters junior season as well. WC won both games that year.

I understood the 18 points the first time you said it. I'd say that is NOT a record.

you see that is the difference between siegel and other teams. we couldnt care less who we beat and how many times. we just want to win state. u say that WC beat siegel 3 times last year. congrats...did you have fun watching us at the state tourney???? and we were absolutely terrible cutters junior year. our seniors were horrible. all tyler had to work with was a freshmen gooch and a freshmen tj. kerry didnt play due to a knee injury. hey he still won 12 games with that group!!

and im not sure if that is a record or not, but i would like to see the other teams that have done it and their boxscores!!

you see that is the difference between siegel and other teams. we couldnt care less who we beat and how many times. we just want to win state. u say that WC beat siegel 3 times last year. congrats...did you have fun watching us at the state tourney???? and we were absolutely terrible cutters junior year. our seniors were horrible. all tyler had to work with was a freshmen gooch and a freshmen tj. kerry didnt play due to a knee injury. hey he still won 12 games with that group!!

and im not sure if that is a record or not, but i would like to see the other teams that have done it and their boxscores!!

I didn't go to the tourney... I knew you guys was going to go and lose again.

yes i watched oakland play against father ryan. father ryan would finish 6th or 7th in our district. a mr basketball finalist in division I private school league is nothing. messick is a decent player at the AAA level but could easily be a mr basketball finalist in the private school division.

Such bitterness! A little perspective would be nice here. Try to drop the emotion and sensationalism and take a look at things in a little more objective manner. Father Ryan beat Blackman by 30, and Oakland by 9. Oakland only lost 2 district games. Not saying that Father Ryan would have finished ahead of Oakland, but in all reality Father Ryan would be a top 4 team (at the least) in 7-AAA this year.

Not sure why the Messick reference, but the 3 Mr. basketball finalist this year in the Division II-AA classification are a Princeton signee, a North Carolina signee (arguably the best player in the State), and a small forward that averages 25+ for a team that many believe to be top 10 in the state regardless of classification. Again, a little perspective about the fact that players and teams outside of the big city ('boro) and/or in the private school division can indeed be great ball players.

whites creek hasnt been good the last 3 or 4 years. (since they went to state)

Lavergne, clarksville NW, overton...cupcakes

It was only 2 years ago (06-07) that Whites Creek lost in the State semifinals to Maryville.

If you want to include overton as a cupcake, then Siegel played them as well therefore must be counted as a "flaw" on Siegel's schedule. Again, I'm not claiming the above teams to be elite or even better than average. But they are far from cupcakes. Similar sized schools, similar pool of talent to select from, talented enough to compete at a level that is respectable in the AAA classification. Those items can't be argued (at least not without providing some type of supporting logic as to why).

No response to the Alcoa and Lincoln County "flaws" on Siegel's schedule?

and can anyone tell me how a kid (hammonds) is a MR BASKETBALL FINALIST not nominee, ends up on the 2nd page of the sports section in the DNJ with about 10 sentences and Hughes from oakland gets the cover with a big long article about how he "does the little things" and isnt a "flashy player". if people cant look at this and see that people absolutely hate siegel, they are blind!!!!!!!!!!

hey kerry and the rest of the siegel stars.... there are 2 people in this world, us and them. keep playin together and DOMINATING everyone you play and shut these haters up!!! let the scoreboard do the talking for you!!

Eventhough you may think I am a Siegel "hater", let me show you how objectivity works. I agree with you about Hammonds and the DNJ. He should've been the focal point of any HS coverage the DNJ chose to publish today. With that being said, I don't hate Siegel and I am far from an Oakland fan. I'm just trying to introduce some level of logic to the arguments at hand.

Another post season prediction is Siegel beats Oakland in the district tournament finals as well. It truly ticks me off that Kerry Hammonds wins district MVP, and nominated for MR. BASKETBALL, yet I go to dnj.com and an article on Jamal Hughes is on the cover of the sports page. Do not try to say there is no Oakland bias after that. Jamal had a great season, but in theory they should feature the player who is achieving the most accolades at the moment. Kerry didnt just make 1st team all district, and I could have told everyone on here 3 weeks ago King would get COY, the media likes him as much as everyone on here. Guess first place in the district with on less loss and a perfect record on the road doesnt win you coach of the year now a days. Seems Siegel gets the shaft every year in one way or another.

Jamal Hughes has gotten SQUAT for coverage all year long, and then he finally he does, and you guys blow up like a bunch of drama queens on here. So what it coincided with the day after of Hammonds' Mr. Basketball nomination. Maybe if you guys didnt ###### everyone off, you would get the benefit of the doubt. Then again, you guys like to play the "Us against the world" card, so dont go nuts when you guys supposedly get the shaft. I dont agree with King being COY, but if you got a beef, you probably need to take it up with the coaches who voted on it. This why win or lose, I have no problem coming on here and wishing a team well, yet when Siegel loses, you guys vanish for days at a time..............

So if its all about getting to State, then why are you such a worry wart about the schedules? It has obviously prepared Oakland for a deep post-season run, and the same can be said for Siegel's schedule, there is no right or wrong way to approach scheduling opponents. BTW, nice job on basically taking a dump on kids that worked so hard for 3 years, but because they had a senior year that wasnt up to par, they must be horrible. Maybe, eventually, hopefully, you guys will learn to see beyond wins and losses.

You got to state, but you lost. To be honest I have nothing at all against Siegel except for some of the posters here on CoachT think Siegel is the only school in this dist. to ever have a good team. That is why I kinda hope they don't win a thing this year.

I would like to pull up those box scores and do the figuring. Why would you even doubt it? White Co. won back to back state titles /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and was MUCH better than this years Siegel team. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hey Warrior hows 1998 treating you? since your still living back then. that is OVER 10 YEARS AGO. I wont take anything away from there state titles, but come on man any argument and your comeback is always well we won BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in 98 and 99. I wonder how many posts this year you have mentioned the back to back championsips 10 years ago, wish I had a tally.

OakPat, I am NOT taking a thing away from Hughes, he definately deserves his own article. He is a great player. I am just saying that is some crap that they would have it in the paper the day after Hammonds gets a Mr.Basketball nominee. How happy would you be if Jamal was nominated and the main article was on Hammonds? The DNJ needs to learn to space out articles.

Hey Warrior hows 1998 treating you? since your still living back then. that is OVER 10 YEARS AGO. I wont take anything away from there state titles, but come on man any argument and your comeback is always well we wont BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in 98 and 99. I wonder how many posts this year you have mentioned the back to back championsips 10 years ago, wish I had a tally. OakPat, I am NOT taking a thing away from Hughes, he definately deserves his own article. I am just saying that is some crap that they would have it in the paper the day after Hammonds gets a Mr.Basketball nominee. How happy would you be if Jamal was nominated and the main article was on Hammonds? The DNJ needs to learn to space out articles.

Since the Tennessean has taken over the DNJ, I have learned to take whatever coverage my alma mater can get. I never have been crazy about Mr. Basketball becuse it is merely just a popularity vote. And believe me, If Oakland had won back to back gold balls at any point, you best believe I would be bringing them up any chance I get.

SG, 85 has no option but to recall those 98 and 99 seasons. Comments on this board (i.e. don't think anyone from this district has ever been nominated for Mr. Basketball, this "insert favorite school here" team is the most dominate team in the history of the district, etc.) constantly leave the door open for 85 and others to remind some of the younger bucks in here that this district's history is much deeper then the immediate past successes of oakland and siegel. All 3 programs have had great success. Can we all agree to classify the successes as follows:

Oakland's success is the most consistent,

White Co's success (so far) is the greatest (as it is the only team to bring home the gold ball, and that was twice), and Siegel's success is the most recent.