7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

post season prediction:

oakland loses to siegel in the region champ and travels to walker valley where they will find their season over.

siegel hosts red bank in the substate and wins for their 4th state tournament appearance in 5 years!!

Say what you will, I am proud of my alma mater no matter what comes of this postseason...............

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another post season prediction is Siegel beats Oakland in the district tournament finals as well. It truly ticks me off that Kerry Hammonds wins district MVP, and nominated for MR. BASKETBALL, yet I go to dnj.com and an article on Jamal Hughes is on the cover of the sports page. Do not try to say there is no Oakland bias after that. Jamal had a great season, but in theory they should feature the player who is achieving the most accolades at the moment. Kerry didnt just make 1st team all district, and I could have told everyone on here 3 weeks ago King would get COY, the media likes him as much as everyone on here. Guess first place in the district with on less loss and a perfect record on the road doesnt win you coach of the year now a days. Seems Siegel gets the shaft every year in one way or another.

If you want to make the argument that Siegel's schedule is tougher then Oakland's this season, then I'm fine with that (and I agree with it as well). But claiming that Oakland played a "cupcake" schedule is a bit of a stretch. Could it have been tougher, sure. Did they play a load of less talented A or AA teams , no. They played one AA team in Ezell, and this year I would classify them as a cupcake.

The only other cupcake that I can see would be Whites Creek, which Oakland plays almost every year and more times then not Whites Creek is not going to be a cupcake. There were 4 other opponents that were at or around .500. I don't think you can call any of those 4 teams cupcakes. Once again were they as strong as some of Siegel's oponents, no but all 4 of them have decent programs with a respectable amount of talent and athleticism that allow them to compete at a higher level then "cupcake".

Plus, your comment about Father Ryan completely compromises the validity of your "facts". Have you seen Father Ryan play? I haven't, but I know they have a Mr basketball finalist who has signed to play at Princeton in Connolly, they just won the Middle/East Region Championship, and they have been in the Division II AP top 10 for most of the season. So I don't think that your comment of "terrible private school team" holds water.

Additionally, I think you have to add Alcoa as a "flaw" on Siegel's schedule. Plus, you forgot to include Siegel's season opening opponent Lincoln Co (5-20), which I think would also be considered a "flaw". I know it was a Hall of Fame game, but if your going to include the W in your record then you got to include the opponent when analyzing the schedule.

yes i watched oakland play against father ryan. father ryan would finish 6th or 7th in our district. a mr basketball finalist in division I private school league is nothing. messick is a decent player at the AAA level but could easily be a mr basketball finalist in the private school division.

whites creek hasnt been good the last 3 or 4 years. (since they went to state)

Lavergne, clarksville NW, overton...cupcakes

and can anyone tell me how a kid (hammonds) is a MR BASKETBALL FINALIST not nominee, ends up on the 2nd page of the sports section in the DNJ with about 10 sentences and Hughes from oakland gets the cover with a big long article about how he "does the little things" and isnt a "flashy player". if people cant look at this and see that people absolutely hate siegel, they are blind!!!!!!!!!!

hey kerry and the rest of the siegel stars.... there are 2 people in this world, us and them. keep playin together and DOMINATING everyone you play and shut these haters up!!! let the scoreboard do the talking for you!!

Being a Siegel fan is very much like being a Notre dame fan or Yankee fan, you either love them or hate them, their is really no in between with the Stars fans.

hey siegel fan that is a great comparison. i mean USUALLY the yankees and fighting irish break the scoreboard against the teams they play. maybe thats why people hate us...we have a tendency to absolutley destroy them!!!

p.s. oakland is a rivalry game and more times than not a rivalry game will be close reguardless of the talent or coach so oakland fans please dont get on here and start talking about how we dont dominate oakland. by the way...siegel averages beating their district opponent by 18 points. that includes the loss to oakland. has oakland ever averaged winning every district game of the season by 18 points??? i would guess not.

and can anyone tell me how a kid (hammonds) is a MR BASKETBALL FINALIST not nominee, ends up on the 2nd page of the sports section in the DNJ with about 10 sentences and Hughes from oakland gets the cover with a big long article about how he "does the little things" and isnt a "flashy player". if people cant look at this and see that people absolutely hate siegel, they are blind!!!!!!!!!!

What newspaper are you reading? In my DNJ this morning, the front page of the sports was a story about Kerry being named a Mr. Basketball finalist. Theres even a video interview if you look go online. Yes, there was also a feature story about Jamal Hughes also on the front of the sports section. And I believe deservedly so. Hughes is a true team player, he gets the job done without a lot of show. Kerry deserves the recognition and hes getting it. But Hughes is a great example of a high school athlete and he deserves a little space in the paper too.

I'm a Siegel fan too, but it's not all about Siegel. It's this mentality that make other schools dislike Siegel.

What newspaper are you reading? In my DNJ this morning, the front page of the sports was a story about Kerry being named a Mr. Basketball finalist. Theres even a video interview if you look go online. Yes, there was also a feature story about Jamal Hughes also on the front of the sports section. And I believe deservedly so. Hughes is a true team player, he gets the job done without a lot of show. Kerry deserves the recognition and hes getting it. But Hughes is a great example of a high school athlete and he deserves a little space in the paper too.

I'm a Siegel fan too, but it's not all about Siegel. It's this mentality that make other schools dislike Siegel.

oh we all on here have given hughes credit and stated numerous times that he is a good player and deserves tons of recognition, we are just stating that its weird that a siegel player achieves something such as a mr basketball finalist and ill be darned if there isnt an article about an oakland player too. its like siegel cant do anything good without oaklands name being thrown in there somehow. i bet if siegel were to win the state this year, somewhere in the article they would say that oakland was our lone loss in the district. congrats to siegel for winning the state...by the way oakland beat them once during the regular season. lol

A true Siegel fan would want there star player to have the spotlight for once without having to share it for his accolades on the court. I dont get why they couldnt write that story tomorrow, Jamal was not named a finalist or district mvp yesterday.

A true Siegel fan would want there star player to have the spotlight for once without having to share it for his accolades on the court. I dont get why they couldnt write that story tomorrow, Jamal was not named a finalist or district mvp yesterday.

come on now siegel grad. they couldnt do that for the same reason that when siegel clinched the district title oakland got the front page for beating blackman (2-12). everyone hates us. its kinda funny to be honest.

Seriously? You don't have to be obnoxious on Coach T to be a siegel fan, you just make it seem that way. It' s great for Kerry. I just don't think a feature story on another player takes anything away from him.

hey siegel fan that is a great comparison. i mean USUALLY the yankees and fighting irish break the scoreboard against the teams they play. maybe thats why people hate us...we have a tendency to absolutley destroy them!!!

p.s. oakland is a rivalry game and more times than not a rivalry game will be close reguardless of the talent or coach so oakland fans please dont get on here and start talking about how we dont dominate oakland. by the way...siegel averages beating their district opponent by 18 points. that includes the loss to oakland. has oakland ever averaged winning every district game of the season by 18 points??? i would guess not.

I don't have the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if a team has averaged 18 points per win in this district before. The Oakland team that finished runner up in the state in the 80's DOMINATED everybody and White County DOMINATED this Dist. from 97-99. Somebody on here didn't think Oakland had ever finished runner up in the state and they were proved WRONG and somebody just yesterday didn't think anybody in this Dist. had ever been nominated Mr. Basketball before{WRONG!!!}{Jolly nominated twice and won it once}. It's gonna be hard for Siegel to break ANY records in this Dist. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh yeah, Notre Dame hasn't won it all since 1988. he he