7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

Very impressive 2nd half I take it, Congrats Oakland way to make our district look even stronger.

It more or less hanged on Oakland executing their Press Offense better in the 2nd half, which they did. Throughout the night, Hunters Lane's constant ball pressure gave Oakland some problems at times, but were able to convert some fast-breaks on their own by disrupting HL's flow in the halfcourt. Good team to play as we get into the postseason, as it helps prepare Oakland for teams that want to run more than anything. It was the Jamal and Tyler Show last night.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A Mr. Basketball Finalists

Reginald Buckner, Manassas

Wes Long, Summertown

Jeremy Sexton, Temple

Class AA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Chase Dunn, Livingston Academy

John Jenkins, Station Camp

Casey Prather, Jackson North Side

Class AAA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Kerry Hammonds, Siegel

Joe Jackson, White Station

Drew Kelly, Centennial

Division II-A Mr. Basketball Finalists

Marlon Brown, Harding Academy

Meiko Lyles, University School of Nashville

Bobby Parks, St. George??™s

Division II-AA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Brendan Connolly, Father Ryan

Leslie McDonald, Briarcrest

Gary Pope, Ensworth

Hammonds joins White Station's Joe Jackson and Centennial's Drew Kelly as finalists for the award.

In Class AA, MTSU signee Lauren March, a Marshall County senior, has been named a Miss Basketball finalist. March is joined by Obion County's Chassidy Fussel and Upperman's Lashay Davis, who won the award last year.

Davis has signed with Western Kentucky.

A statewide committee of sportswriters selected winners based on performance during the 2008-2009 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head basketball coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists.

The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II, Class A will be given on Friday, February 27 at Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University. The Division II, Class AA awards will be presented at Allen Arena on Saturday, February 28.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 14 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 21 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Great job goes to Siegel and Kerry for winning another District Championship, and to Kerry for being a Mr. Basketball finalist. I am not sure but someone help me out.....there has neve been a winner nor a finalist in 7-AAA until right now??? Is that right???

I would be willing to bet that 7-AAA has had a guy or 2 be named a finalist prior to Kerry's nomination. Namely Brent Jolly, only name that comes up right now

Also, all district teams were named today (Can also be found here: All-District):

Coach of the Year: Randy King (Oakland)

First Team

- Kerry Hammonds (MVP) - Siegel

- Jamal Hughes - Oakland

- Judah Akers - Cookeville

- Xavier Smith - Lebanon

- Tyler Edwards - Oakland

Second Team

- Stewart Mitchell - White Co.

- Shawn Smith - Blackman

- Marc Gooch - Siegel

- Vari Craig - Riverdale

- Casey Nunley - Lebanon

Third Team

- LaVon Tate - Siegel

- Mitchell Hill - Cookeville

- Cory Johnson - White Co.

- Kyle Wylie - Cookeville

- T.J. Chesterfield - Riverdale

- Kyrie Harris - Warren Co.

Honorable Mentions

- Justin Crutchfield - Blackman

- Robert Crudup - Lebanon

- Dominik Nicholas - Siegel

- T.J. Mitchell - Siegel

I would be willing to bet that 7-AAA has had a guy or 2 be named a finalist prior to Kerry's nomination. Namely Brent Jolly, only name that comes up right now

You are correct. After winning the MVP of the state tourney in 1998, White County's Brent Jolly was named Mr. Basketball in 1999. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> White County's Kyle Gribble was named MVP of the 1999 state tourney. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct. After winning the MVP of the state tourney in 1998, White County's Brent Jolly was named Mr. Basketball in 1999. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> White County's Kyle Gribble was named MVP of the 1999 state tourney. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does Coach Whited still live in Sparta?

Yes. He is into real estate and I believe he is an auctioneer.

Hard to forget the best team to ever play in this district. Wish you could have seen that team.

I remembered that he was into real estate. I wonder if he would ever entertain going back into coaching. From 98-2000, Oakland and Sparta had some unbelieveable games.

I remembered that he was into real estate. I wonder if he would ever entertain going back into coaching. From 98-2000, Oakland and Sparta had some unbelieveable games.

Oakland could have prob made state then, but they had White County and Columbia in the same region.

For those who don't know, White County played Columbia for the state championship in 1999. WC and Columbia both made the state tourney as well in 1998. White Co. won it in 98. I believe Columbia lost to Whites Creek in the tourney that year. Not positive though.