7-AAA 2008-2009

MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

You have no argument from me. To me, anything less than a gold ball in the next 2 years would be a dissapointment.

I agree and Siegel should have that expectation especially the team as every team does. I do wonder if any of our teams in region 4AAA can beat RE, White Station, Craigmont, or Melrose in the tourney though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and Siegel should have that expectation especially the team as every team does. I do wonder if any of our teams in region 4AAA can beat RE, White Station, Craigmont, or Melrose in the tourney though.

Maybe not this year, but I do think Siegel will have the experience to go with everything else in 09-10. Really should they make state, they will be as seasoned as anyone, with the possibility of their 2nd consecutive state tourney. I do think they are going to have to execute better in the halfcourt, on offense and defense, to beat some of these teams from Memphis.

I have met TJ, and he has some knowledge about the game of basketball, It just differs from most people. Just because it is different doesnt make it wrong. And being that TJ is close to alot of these players, he doesnt always see as black and white as those who are just merely fans. Does he say things that are controverial? Yes, but what fun would it be if we were all in agreement all the time.

I think he does well for what Oakland wants to do on both ends. I think early in the season, even after a transfer year, it was still a transition for him going from a up tempo style of play to more of a halfcourt set with Oakland. With that said, he knows his limitations very well and stays within them. You very rarely see him make a bad decision, whether it be resulting in a turnover or a bad shot. He has been a key figure, it not THE key figure in Oakland's 10 game winning streak. With that said, I think there is still a little bit of doubt in his mind about his shot, what that is, I really do not know. He has a nice, smooth stroke.

Is he all-district caliber? Probably Not. But at Oakland, he does not have to be. Yeah, Oakland has never had a superstar at the point since Swader in 96, but the way they go about their business, the bulk of the scoring/production has always come from the wings, with the posts contributing when they can. At Oakland, I like to think that the point guard is more of a field general, because he dictates what he is going on out there. I can understand the bitterness towards Hockenberry when you transfer to a rival, it was the same way for Kevrek Frierson when he transferred from Riverdale to Oakland, but I think David was just destined to finish his career at Oakland because 1.) It is a natural fit for him and 2.) His family's history at this school.

it has nothing to do with where he transfered, but the fact that his family bad mouthed the program and told rediculous lies on the program. You should have heard his brother and parents bad mouthing king while the hockenberrys were at siegel. they were so mad at king and bad mouthing him because bill didnt make the varsity his sophomore year. thats what was so funny to all of us about david going to oakland. all we heard from the hockenberry family was how much they hated king and oakland, then all of a sudden david is in an oakland jersey. just kind of funny.

it has nothing to do with where he transfered, but the fact that his family bad mouthed the program and told rediculous lies on the program. You should have heard his brother and parents bad mouthing king while the hockenberrys were at siegel. they were so mad at king and bad mouthing him because bill didnt make the varsity his sophomore year. thats what was so funny to all of us about david going to oakland. all we heard from the hockenberry family was how much they hated king and oakland, then all of a sudden david is in an oakland jersey. just kind of funny.

Well I will defer that to someone else, since I know next to nothing about the situation. If there is any ill will towards King from the Hockenberry's, I sure havent seen it, then again, thats not saying much.

Well I will defer that to someone else, since I know next to nothing about the situation. If there is any ill will towards King from the Hockenberry's, I sure havent seen it, then again, thats not saying much.

oh trust me, if david wasnt getting as much playing time as they wanted, they would be in spurlocks office whining and crying. then david would transfer to smyrna and graduate just like bill did. then they would be at smyrna bad mouthing oakland again. trust me i know!!!

kind of off topic, but i hear king is resigning and transferring to providence with butch vaughn. anyone know anything about it??

oh trust me, if david wasnt getting as much playing time as they wanted, they would be in spurlocks office whining and crying. then david would transfer to smyrna and graduate just like bill did. then they would be at smyrna bad mouthing oakland again. trust me i know!!!

Like I said, Ill defer that to someone else. I have heard alot of people bad mouth the program or King over the years, so Im sure they wouldnt be the first, nor the last.

you are a big pats fan, have u heard anything about king leaving?

Frankly, there have been rumors of king leaving for YEARS. I honestly dont think if he is ever going to leave Oakland unless it is in retirement. I talked to other guys that have gone through the program and this seems to be the consensus. He could have certainly taken better jobs over the years, but has instead chose to stay loyal to Oakland.

Honestly, If siegel doesn't get to the final four the next 2 years, it is a dissapointing year. Or SHOULD be with that talent. Just like it was a travesty not to win the state with Oden, Ramsey and company. Period.

No reason we should have lost to whites creek, and we had already beat Shelbyville who took Hamilton to the limit, we just got flat out upset by them that season. That was devestating.