MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OakPat, as a fan that attends many games what are your feelings as hockenberry as a player? Also to TJ I never thought he should get off the bench for Siegel. So dont play that card like I acted like he was good at Siegel.

siegelgrad you are my boy and all but hock WOULD get off the bench at siegel. im not sayin he would be playin 20+ minutes per game, but he would be getting playing time... if the deal with his parents wouldnt have happened.

I guess he probably would have, but last year we didnt use a bench much at all really. Cutter would play the whole game alot of times, I guess he would have came in to give Kerry or Marc a breather.

yeah i would honestly say hock would play 8-10 minutes a game this year. siegel has been going with a big lineup lately since ced is getting in the flow. they have had gooch at 1, kerry 2, levon 3, tj 4, and ced 5. scary lookin line-up!!!

yeah i would honestly say hock would play 8-10 minutes a game this year. siegel has been going with a big lineup lately since ced is getting in the flow. they have had gooch at 1, kerry 2, levon 3, tj 4, and ced 5. scary lookin line-up!!!

That sounds very strong for the starting lineup. I would love to see Shelbyville play you guys again and watch Twilley vs Gooch and Andrews vs Hammonds. Kerry and Gooch have the size advantage on both but Twilley and Andrews are right there in speed and guard play together. Hammonds and Andrews are the best two out of the four but Kerry has the advantage with his size. Andrews is the best shooter out of the four IMO. Hope to see this game as well as a Shelbyville - Oakland matchup.

whats wrong with tj??? other than the fact that he knows abdolutely nothing about the game of basketball?? that little picture he has in the box beside his tags is exactly what i imagine him looking like.

I have met TJ, and he has some knowledge about the game of basketball, It just differs from most people. Just because it is different doesnt make it wrong. And being that TJ is close to alot of these players, he doesnt always see as black and white as those who are just merely fans. Does he say things that are controverial? Yes, but what fun would it be if we were all in agreement all the time.

OakPat, as a fan that attends many games what are your feelings as hockenberry as a player? Also to TJ I never thought he should get off the bench for Siegel. So dont play that card like I acted like he was good at Siegel.

I think he does well for what Oakland wants to do on both ends. I think early in the season, even after a transfer year, it was still a transition for him going from a up tempo style of play to more of a halfcourt set with Oakland. With that said, he knows his limitations very well and stays within them. You very rarely see him make a bad decision, whether it be resulting in a turnover or a bad shot. He has been a key figure, it not THE key figure in Oakland's 10 game winning streak. With that said, I think there is still a little bit of doubt in his mind about his shot, what that is, I really do not know. He has a nice, smooth stroke.

Is he all-district caliber? Probably Not. But at Oakland, he does not have to be. Yeah, Oakland has never had a superstar at the point since Swader in 96, but the way they go about their business, the bulk of the scoring/production has always come from the wings, with the posts contributing when they can. At Oakland, I like to think that the point guard is more of a field general, because he dictates what he is going on out there. I can understand the bitterness towards Hockenberry when you transfer to a rival, it was the same way for Kevrek Frierson when he transferred from Riverdale to Oakland, but I think David was just destined to finish his career at Oakland because 1.) It is a natural fit for him and 2.) His family's history at this school.