Boyd Buc @ South Pitt

reaction

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions for Geno:

Did you play football for SP, if so, how many years and when?

Where did you go to college to be trained to become a high school coach?

You say there are colleges looking at some of the SP players, I assume from past blogs one of them is David Jones who is a senior...at this point of this players' career, I would HOPE that the schools that are interested in him already know what his capabilities are and how this player may be able to help their program. I agree injury is one snap away, so WHY continue to play these players in these lop-sided games taking the chance of them getting hurt, possibly with a career ending injury? Should these players with college potential get hurt in a lop-sided game, it would probably take the armchair coaches on Coach T about 30 minutes to start on the coaching staff!!! Do you think that the colleges interested in these kids would go ahead and offer them a scholarship should they receive a career ending injury in a lop-sided game?? I don't think so!!! So then what happens to these kids??? What is his future from this point in time???

As far as those who think SP has no class for "running up scores", it is not SP's fault that the TSSAA choses to put them in a region with so many new schools just starting their football programs!!! Can't blame SP!! Most if not all of their non region games are with schools in a higher classification. What more can you ask? What do these folks want a school to do, tell the athletes they are blessed with that they can't play a sport because you are too good for the region schools we have to play? Folks will think we have no class because we may run up the score on some of these new schools in our region? Those folks need to stay quiet until they know the facts!!!

Alright a fared up feeline.............Old Pirate says thata gal. OP thinks maybe you and the wife go to the same beauty shop. The is always gitting fared up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

unfortunately the pirates will be more than the buc's can handle. i say unfortunately because i have completely lost all respect for south pit. after an 82-0 victory.. this shows a complete lack of class for the pirates program.

tnsprtsfn1.. yes 82-0 does appear to be an outrageous score and a lack of class ill give you that. however to say that the pirates program and fans have a complete lack of class is a completely false statement clearly showing you have never been to a game or associated with their fans. i am not very familiar with the program but i did attended their game against david brainerd i believe when i was on my way home from chattanooga. i figured i would stop and see if this team was for real since i was already in the area and there was no possibility for me to make it back for brentwood academy or david lipscomb. let me tell you.... THOSE BOYS ARE FOR REAL. and when it comes to the south pittsburg fans i have never met a more hospitable crowd and friendly crowd. i do not know much about the south pittsburg team i will say again. i do know one thing however, and that is as long as the pirates are not playing the eagles or the mustangs they will have my fool support! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ... best of luck the rest of the way! i hope to be able to attend another game at mtsu!!

Chris Talley was no joke either...... didnt he lead chattanooga scoring history for awhile?as for this game it can go a few different way's as for teh person that said David Jones plays the whole game the only way that will happen is if its a close game.... if we go up he will probably get pulled early as usual.. I personally think its such a waste of awesome talent to set on the bench before 1 qtr is even played... more on that later... spitt wins this game by 21 only because BB will make the mistake of keying in on David Jones.. Mistake..... we have to much talent around him....hopefully if they stack the line spitt wont run 4 straight plays to the short side of the feild.. maybe we will see some misdirection this game that always backs up the line.... im sure that Leon will make a comment on this of course.. but ill say this again.. when people cant even have a persoanal opinion without getting bashed and called names on Coach T its going downhill seems the admins are behind a little.. anyway... Im gonna say this once again seeing that 2 posters on here cannot read and are so lost in the 3rd person that it blind's them... i have not bashed no Coach i have Respect for Vic alot.... I have NOT bashed no one else like a cple keeps stating...I have my opinion about some play calling when a game is close with Southpitt.I'll spell out my opinions now.. first its my understanding that This team is about SENIOR's....I also understand that u pull starters to keep from running up scores and keep them safe... UM this is FOOTBALL>>> safe could only be a snap away... LET THE BOYS PLAY!!!!!!! my opinion is why pull the starters out when your gonna scrore >69, and 82 points anyway.... let them play till half time anyway....They have practiced hard also... and to leave the year with so so stat's to live with the rest of there life just stinks.. when they could be better... Robert Robinson saw alot more time that these years players at back..I mean i know we have a few players that are being looked at by college team's.. why would they look with 4 or 5 carries a game and pulled before halftime...I like seeing Jr varsity play in the games thats great BUT they do play the night before in there own game if im not mistaking... I am in no way knocking Coach Vic in any way or form... this is just my opinion .. I just dont understand it.. maybe its a curse to have so many talented players... But I also know the Coach's Motto....>>Its about the Senior's> My question is WHEN???????

I think Robert Robinson and the other seniors saw alot more time last year during blowouts because South Pitt had something to prove last year they were not defending state champions this was a team that was manhandled by the Gordonsville tigers the previous year this years team was already expected to dominate because most of this years seniors for the pirates played significantly last year if im not mistaken despite all the seniors from the 07 group of pirates. I just think that coach Vic Grider already knows his seniors can dominate and he is just tuning up for upcoming years.

This Pirate alumni is still pondering the thought of having to miss this great game. Taking my two sons to Cub Scout camp for the weekend. Man what was I thinking? I'm sure we will have a good time but if someone will update this thread during the game I would really appreciate it. I'm being told there is one location at camp that my blackberry will work. Go Pirates

Prediction

Pirates 48

Bucs 17