Clinton vs Lenoir City

coonhunter293

I believe that ANY player from ANY school (including the Rebels) in TN has to have a coach or parent or someone REALLY pushing DVDs and stats and everything they can on college recruiters. TN isn't exactly thought of being one of the top places to get talent in the US. I hate to say it because I would love to see some of these kids I watched play on Friday night playing on Saturday. I know some have made it onto teams, and some from this area have done OK, but the overall percentage is really really low. Any of us with some age all know boys who got recruited and was never heard from again. The competition is so high from states like CA and TX and FL and the time coaches have is so little, it just make it so hard to get a shot. I've actually tried to think of ways to help some boys get at least a look, but so far haven't figured out anything.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Coach Shattuck is really interested in helping Clinton players gettting into College! Clinton has had several players in the last few years go to Carson Newman! Tuscalum, and Maryville!

(Maryville really did talk to Stone and Hazelhurst!)(That's high School, and who would of have ever thought recruiting was illegal? LOL!

I find it hard to believe that Maryville coaches tried to talk Stone or Hazlehurst into coming to Maryville. Maryville doesn't need Stone or Hazlehurst. Maryville has an outstanding quarterback in Philip Juhlin and 4 good running backs in Thomas Shuler,Buddy Jones,Jacob West and Laken Kimsey. Maryville also has a good backup quarterback in Mark Young.

I believe that ANY player from ANY school (including the Rebels) in TN has to have a coach or parent or someone REALLY pushing DVDs and stats and everything they can on college recruiters. TN isn't exactly thought of being one of the top places to get talent in the US. I hate to say it because I would love to see some of these kids I watched play on Friday night playing on Saturday. I know some have made it onto teams, and some from this area have done OK, but the overall percentage is really really low. Any of us with some age all know boys who got recruited and was never heard from again. The competition is so high from states like CA and TX and FL and the time coaches have is so little, it just make it so hard to get a shot. I've actually tried to think of ways to help some boys get at least a look, but so far haven't figured out anything.

i agree we've had several in the last few years that should have gone somewhere even if it was somewhere small. joey allen and jeff wilkerson were both great athletes that just didnt go anywhere. hopefully stone and weston dont follow this trend. we have to many good athletes to not be putting more in college each year

Again too bad these kids dont play in a program that can lead them toward a championship, for instance if Stone were at Maryville he would be a D1 player, but at Clinton he WILL BE LUCKY TO BE A D3. The last D1 recruit from Clinton was back in the early 90s, sorry they just arent watching Clinton. And I hate it for the kids

Maryville would never ever do that! hahaha, they own the TSSAA board

i do remember a certain eric hensley if i am right that is on a 5-0 vanderbilt team. Last time i checked they were D1 and last time i checked they were in the SEC so hes pretty good. that was in 2005 when he was recruited

From my seat last Friday night Clinton should be the #2 seed. Dragons maginified our weakness on defense. I don't think West will hang with them this year either.

But this will be a tune up for that game. Clinton may be pressed when they meet Powell. Talk about the football being throw all over the park. I may forgo our game to see that one. The hype has already started for that matchup around town. Two of the very best QB's in east tennesee getting it on.

Oh I almost forgot a prediction. Homecomming isn't it? You have to look good in front of all those nicely dressed up ladies.

Clinton 42 LC 7. I see some youngsters getting some playing time by the third quarter.

Well that didn't go as planned did it? Clinton played a team that had been outscored 101-0 the last 3 games and hadn't even scored in 14 qtrs and luckily won on a few big plays like an interception with LC 5 yrds from scoring and a couple of big receptions from the TE, don't forget about the trick play to score on 3rd and goal. The LC backs had over 150yrds rushing against the Clinton Defense. The team we played Friday night couldn't have beaten any of the teams we faced this year. I'll admit Clinton's QB has a pretty good short to mid range arm but he didn't live up to the hype that the adults on this board have given him, against, what I'll admit, isn't the greatest defense in the region by far. LC has played Clinton's 3 remaining teams and I'll predict 3 losses coming judging on what I saw Friday night.

Well that didn't go as planned did it? Clinton played a team that had been outscored 101-0 the last 3 games and hadn't even scored in 14 qtrs and luckily won on a few big plays like an interception with LC 5 yrds from scoring and a couple of big receptions from the TE, don't forget about the trick play to score on 3rd and goal. The LC backs had over 150yrds rushing against the Clinton Defense. The team we played Friday night couldn't have beaten any of the teams we faced this year. I'll admit Clinton's QB has a pretty good short to mid range arm but he didn't live up to the hype that the adults on this board have given him, against, what I'll admit, isn't the greatest defense in the region by far. LC has played Clinton's 3 remaining teams and I'll predict 3 losses coming judging on what I saw Friday night.

Good game by Lenoir City. They really played well. Their qb looked accurate, and they fought really hard. I agree that if Clinton plays their remaining three games the same way they played LC, they will have a hard time winning. They did not play well.

To say that Stone did not live up to his hype is interesting, considering he accounted for more than 300 yards of total offense both passing and running.

Who does LC have remaining on their schedule? Hopefully, they'll continue to improve and possibly get a couple more wins.

I dont ever rember anyone saying Clinton had a great defence. In fact, Clinton gave up an average of 26 pts. per game up to the LC game. So just because LC scored some points on this Clinton defence doesnt mean that Clinton is going to lose the last 3 games of the season. I mean, you might be right....they very well could, but Clinton being scored on is nothing new this season. You saying Clinton doesnt look like a 2nd seed team......well no one in the region except Maryville has looked to dominate every week out. This is a tough region like you probably know. Good luck to LC next week against Halls. LC just might spoil someone's playoff hopes before its said and done!

The Clinton team that I saw play Friday night, didn't even seem like the same team that I watched last week against Halls. They just didn't seem to have a lot of enthusiasm. The players on the sidelines didn't even seem very excited to be there. Not to mention, the fans. Also, they had a couple of fumbles that cost them. Maybe the players and coaches underestimated LC. Let's just hope that they kick it up a couple of notches for the remaining games. The players need to stay focused!!

a win is a win and a loss is a loss no matter what the score, thats all that matters. sure clinton might have overlooked lc a little but the thing that seperates them from clinton teams from the last few years is that they still found a way to win. and the clinton qb has much more than a pretty good short to midrange arm, hes got what is possibly the strongest arm in the area he must have just had an off night cause the kid has a friggin cannon. lets remember that hes also just a junior and has another year to refine his game. lc played a great game and i congratulate them for that and hope they can get things turned around. good luck to you guys on the rest of the season.