Bearden @ Campbell Co.

CougarTrav02

Science Hill picked on Devrin last week. The Toppers used Larry Smith a 6'6" WR to their advantage on a few nice pass plays. He did make one nice play to break up a pass and then the defense adjusted to get Devrin to the other side.

I have watched every Bearden game this year home and away. No one has ever taken Devrin out of the game. They may have limited his rushing yardage on occasion but he'll break a punt, intercept a pass, run back a kickoff, the kid is always on the field

If you cn afford the price of a ticket go check Devrin Young out.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill picked on Devrin last week. The Toppers used Larry Smith a 6'6" WR to their advantage on a few nice pass plays. He did make one nice play to break up a pass and then the defense adjusted to get Devrin to the other side.

I have watched every Bearden game this year home and away. No one has ever taken Devrin out of the game. They may have limited his rushing yardage on occasion but he'll break a punt, intercept a pass, run back a kickoff, the kid is always on the field

I wouldn't kick a ball to him,he is a great player

PUUULLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!! So basically you are saying that Campbell County is better than Farragut.....sometimes posters on here make me wonder if they were fed paint chips as toodlers!!!!! With my 1st post on coacht since a one month suspension (one of those DB fans most have tattled on me), I find it amusing that I read the same garbage as I had before I left a month ago. I haven't seen the Cougars play this year, so I don't know their style. With that said I have seen both Bearden and Farragut play this year and your above statement is darn right ASSINE!!!!

I think its spelled asinine. well i haven't had paint chips in a few weeks and i always wondered if posters on here have any sort of class. guess ill never know. but what gets me is the lack of respect you bearden fans have for a pretty good campbell county team. I realize that bearden has this phenom in the backfield and that hes probally the back cchs has seen this year. actualy from reading alot the post from the bearden folks im really starting to think this game might be closer than what i originaly though. good luck to both teams, people get to bent out of shape about a bunch of kids playing a game.

Farragut took him out of the game. No kick returns, no punt returns. And most importantly, no touchdowns. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think its spelled asinine. well i haven't had paint chips in a few weeks and i always wondered if posters on here have any sort of class. guess ill never know. but what gets me is the lack of respect you bearden fans have for a pretty good campbell county team. I realize that bearden has this phenom in the backfield and that hes probally the back cchs has seen this year. actualy from reading alot the post from the bearden folks im really starting to think this game might be closer than what i originaly though. good luck to both teams, people get to bent out of shape about a bunch of kids playing a game.

I never disrepcted CC. The point that I was trying to make is that if CC were to beat Bearden, I can put my salary that CC won't beat Bearden as much as Farragut did. Basically what you said what that CC would beat the Bulldogs worse than Farragut. Have you seen Farragut play this year? If you have, you would not have made that comment!!!! Dank you, hum again

Sure, there are a few Bearden fans disrespecting CC (you have that everywhere), but I think most people have acknowledged what CC has accomplished so far this season. However, I think it's safe to say that there is an equal number of CC fans wearing their orange/blue-colored goggles, thinking that they are going to "thump" the Bulldogs on Friday. It's one thing to be confident, but it's another thing to be overconfident. CC will not be overlooked by anyone at this point in the season. CC is good, but they are just now entering the meat of their schedule. Bearden is probably the best defense that the Cougars will face up to this point. We know that CC can score, but we saw what can happen when their offense is slowed down (ask Jefferson County). Yes, this season is starting to look like 2004 for the Cougars, but there are still plenty of games to be played. The next 4 games are huge for CC, and none of them are "gimmes."

Not got a "dawg" in this hunt but ......

I've been reading alot about CC this year and its a forgone conclusion that Bearden will be in our region next year so I'll be keeping an ear on this game. CC shows to be much improved and Bearden has improved weekly this season. This should be a good measuring stick for both teams. Just a guess but I'll take the Dawgs in a close one. No disrespect to CC.. Win this one and I'll jump on your Bandwagon..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tpoole12 (Gov Fan)

PS: Does anyone know what has happened to my little rapper buddy from last year?? He was all about them Dawgs... Seems like he went by MC865....

Farragut took him out of the game. No kick returns, no punt returns. And most importantly, no touchdowns. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

True, they did kick away from him. The Admirals are the class of Regions 1 & 2 5A football. Farragut should go a long way in the state playoffs if not win the title.

The Admirals are the class of Regions 1 & 2 5A football. Farragut should go a long way in the state playoffs if not win the title.

Knoxville21

I don't want to side track this thread but having seen both the Admirals and the Kingsport DB team, I wouldn't make any travel plans just yet if I were you. The Admirals will probably win Region 2 but to claim to be the class of both regions is a stretch at this point. I'm sure your post will make the board @ DB....

tpoole12 (Gov fan)

Knoxville21

I don't want to side track this thread but having seen both the Admirals and the Kingsport DB team, I wouldn't make any travel plans just yet if I were you. The Admirals will probably win Region 2 but to claim to be the class of both regions is a stretch at this point. I'm sure your post will make the board @ DB....

tpoole12 (Gov fan)

Not a Farragut fan here, but I have seen both teams. Both have offensive weapons and solid defense. The difference to me is the level of play that Farragut can rise to, they have number of players that will be D-1 scholarship players. Now I must say I did see the Indians when Sensabaugh was out, so with him in the lineup it could be a different story.

Back to the true story here, should be a good game tonight at L. Hope Dossett Stadium. Good luck to both teams.