Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful when you say "home-cooking" about CAK....they are very sensitive and "undefeated" at home.

Those ankle twisters play "very well" at home. You don't want to be called "sore losers" by their fans. At least you didn't have to see an injury list that looked like bad news out of Iraq from CAK.

All this potentially did is set up a return match at ALCOA.....that will be ugly!!!

Life is good....I always root for my team and whoever is playing CAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to CAK for a well played game. Ya'll were fired up the entire game. This was just the game our guys needed. Alcoa made so many mistakes and gave a very lack-luster performance tonight. That being said, I'd rather have an ugly "W" than a pretty "L"! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh, and just one other thing: PORTAPOTTIES???? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

It's going to be so nice to be home for the rest of the regular season!

Sorry about the porta potties. There are full bathrooms inside the campus center but it is a hike to go around to the front. For all the ribbing that privates take about the money they have to fund their athletic programs, there is another side to that coin. No tax dollars for funding. All of the facilities are funded by the CAK family. I am very grateful for the wonderful foundation of facilities that we have now. Maybe one day we will be able to add additional facilities.

Congrats to CAK for a well played game. Ya'll were fired up the entire game.

Congratulations to Alcoa on the victory. As I've said in the past, even though your team is as tough of an opponent as we can get, I always look forward to the game.

Congratulations to the CAK players. What I am most proud of is that they fought from the opening kick off to the last whistle. They never relaxed and they never quit.

No such thing as moral victories in football, but there is not another team like Alcoa in 2A. I hope our players and fans realize that for Alcoa to play their starters 4 quarters is saying something. The voice of Alcoa made the comment to me that CAK is the only team this year to score against Alcoa's starters or 2nd string with the exception of Maryville. That is a powerful defense. CAK was by no means flawless and there is alot that can be learned I'm sure. I hope that CAK takes confidence from their effort into the last 3 games.

As far as the refs, I will totally agree that they weren't perfect. Trying to be objective, there were some questionable calls. But I'll also tell you that from my vantage point, there were several calls / non calls (pass interference and holding) that could have easily gone in CAK's favor that didn't. The officiating was by no means all to CAK's benefit.

I hope the Alcoa fans enjoyed their trip over to the CAK campus, and best of luck throughout the rest of your season.

three things i saw...

#6 for CAK has turrets or something cause he looks like a total idiot playing football. He hits the ground when something bad happens and claps his hands when they give up a play of 20 yards or more. From back up QB to starting retard.

QB for CAK...Unless his players secretly hide out of bounds, why does he always throw it there. Once again I think Crompton is the qb for CAK after being demoted by Tennessee

Lastly, MARK PACKER IF YOU READ THIS NEXT TIME YOU CALL A CAK GAME PLEASE TELL THE CAMERA CREW TO STOP GETTING SHOTS OF YOUR DAUGHTER EVERY 10 SECONDS. Im pretty sure i saw more of her than i saw football.

Nice effort by CAK tonight. They faced the "giants" and didn't run and hide. Still a L and thats not what you play for, but they can build on some things from this game. Good character building game. Gotta run the table from here on out to make the playoffs. The grit they showed in this game hopefully will help them "believe" and win out.

Alcoa is strong. Impressed with the coaches and how they managed the game. The team is well disciplined and athletic. Well behaved and mannerly on the sidelines, just another indication of a well coached team. I'm not a showboat but I enjoyed the entertainment during warmups with the Alcoa team "chant". Probably helps them have some fun rather than being bored to death beating everyone in 2A so easily.

Sorry about the porta potty thing. We're trying to raise enough money to build a field house and it will have nice bathrooms, concessions, locker rooms, etc... maybe when you return next time that will be completed.

Didn't appear to have any major injuries to either team, thats always good. Best wishes to the Tornados the rest of the season.

All this potentially did is set up a return match at ALCOA.....that will be ugly!!!

You're right...it will be ugly! Since CAK moved into our region, here have been the scores:

2007: Reg season: 38-21

Playoffs: 56-21

2006: Reg season: 42-0

Playoffs: 50-7

2005: Reg season: 56-7

Playoffs: 49-14

For a sidenote: in '07 (as in this year), the regular season games were played during the 2nd week of our Fall Break. I'm not making excuses as to the boys not playing as well, but it is something to think about.

According to CAK's calendar, you only have 2 days of fall break that begin 10/20. IMO, that does make a difference.

Oh, and one more difference: the game will be played at Alcoa.

So, Warriors, if we meet in the playoffs, HANG ONTO YOUR HATS! It's gonna be a windy ride!

Oh, after the long trek to the "real" bathrooms, the facility did appear to be very nice, but did they lock the front door after the game started?

You're right...it will be ugly! Since CAK moved into our region, here have been the scores:

2007: Reg season: 38-21

Playoffs: 56-21

2006: Reg season: 42-0

Playoffs: 50-7

2005: Reg season: 56-7

Playoffs: 49-14

For a sidenote: in '07 (as in this year), the regular season games were played during the 2nd week of our Fall Break. I'm not making excuses as to the boys not playing as well, but it is something to think about.

According to CAK's calendar, you only have 2 days of fall break that begin 10/20. IMO, that does make a difference.

Oh, and one more difference: the game will be played at Alcoa.

So, Warriors, if we meet in the playoffs, HANG ONTO YOUR HATS! It's gonna be a windy ride!

Oh, after the long trek to the "real" bathrooms, the facility did appear to be very nice, but did they lock the front door after the game started?

Thanks for the warning. We just hope we can play well enough in our remaining games to get a chance to come to "the windy city", whoops, isn't that Chicago. DaBears, DaNados, ... I diegress. It would be worth the gas money to watch "the chant" and the fireworks if nothing else. Maybe even a quick stop at BOH.

We don't mean to "###### anyone off" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> (I just couldn't resist) about the long walk to the bathrooms. I agree, something needs to be done. We're working on it.

Layoffs can hurt the rythm of a team, agreed. So can injuries. If the Warriors are fortunate enough to make playoffs, then when they meet Alcoa again it may be a different type of ball game, with the Tornados more focused and the Warriors healthy. Recent history shows Alcoa to have the upper hand of course. No matter, CAK took some steps in the game lastnight to "right the ship". Good luck Warriors on finishing strong this season.

Congrats again to Alcoa and their "well oiled machine" .

three things i saw...

#6 for CAK has turrets or something cause he looks like a total idiot playing football. He hits the ground when something bad happens and claps his hands when they give up a play of 20 yards or more. From back up QB to starting retard.

QB for CAK...Unless his players secretly hide out of bounds, why does he always throw it there. Once again I think Crompton is the qb for CAK after being demoted by Tennessee

Lastly, MARK PACKER IF YOU READ THIS NEXT TIME YOU CALL A CAK GAME PLEASE TELL THE CAMERA CREW TO STOP GETTING SHOTS OF YOUR DAUGHTER EVERY 10 SECONDS. Im pretty sure i saw more of her than i saw football.

You have no place on the boards to call out an individual player and the wayhe plays ,thats ridiculous and immature , and as for TOM , one player that stood out to me i belive was #.....21? one of the WR,he had some moves and broke a few good tackles, now that i think i actally belivei saw him on both sides of the ball last night

Alcoa fans....what players stood out last night?

haha in my last response i was referring to a CAK player, for our team these are the ones that stuck out to me , Jesse Hodge(45) and Adrian Womac(90) had a great night , abd obviously Jaron Toney(15), all had greatnights , Adrian was down there puttin on the pressure all night

haha in my last response i was referring to a CAK player, for our team these are the ones that stuck out to me , Jesse Hodge(45) and Adrian Womac(90) had a great night , abd obviously Jaron Toney(15), all had greatnights , Adrian was down there puttin on the pressure all night

I would agree that Womac #90 had a GREAT game until #67 came in at Left Tackle. IMO, our sophomore did a good job of protecting the QB giving him time in the pocket.