Greenbrier @ Sycamore

FootballAce

I hope Sycamore wins just to shut GreenbrierCat2 otherwise known as "WhiteHouseFanToo" up in a few weeks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At least he won't have to hide his BDP apparel once the playoffs start /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

EZBeingGreen, the Bobcats did beat Cheatham Co. as you stated "like a drum". Congrats!!! It still doesn't mean that they beat them with a bunch of playmakers now does it????? They won with execution and a bunch of good solid high school football players. They won with the same thing they've been winning with for years now under Kirk Williams.

Aside from Roger Herndon (ability and smarts), Curt Williams (work ethic), & Duncan Williams (size and strength) there's no Greenbrier player that could have played at any D-I school. This includes I-A & I-AA as well. Not Nick Brown. Not Trevor or Ryan Dickerson. Not Jacob Aldridge. Not Kyle Herndon. Not Josh Birdwell. Not Jody Dorris. NOBODY!!!!

When you look at Sycamore you can easily name 3 right away. Wes Proctor, Josh Garza, & Jake Vaughn. You could also look at Mason Johnson, Michael Booker, Willie Vanderford, & Austin Lohin. Jason Wilson played at UTM. Jimbo Bosworth played at APSU.

Just because I am saying Sycamore has playmakers does not mean I am saying that they are going to WIN!!! They've had playmakers in the past and failed to win against Greenbrier. They got stopped at the 1 YARD LINE two times in 2003 alone. Playmakers does NOT equal Wins.

1996 grad Chris Galbreath first team all-state, all-region, all-county wr could have played 1AA. Was offered and he turned it down.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1996 Sycamore HS didn't exist but some of the notable players from the Pleasant View area who went to CCCHS back in the day included:

Michael Jackson (1999): 6-4A All Region OL who went on to be a 4 year starter for UT-Martin at OT

Dustin West (1997): 4A 1st Team All-State LB & MVP of the Tennessee-Kentucky All-Star Game

Nick Bogle (1997): 4A 1st Team All State DB who led the entire state of TN with 12 interceptions

Nick Deaton (1996): 4A 1st Team All-State DL

Jason Wofford (1995): 4A 1st Team All-State DL who was a Mr. Football Finalist

Jerimiah Ligon (1994): 4A 1st Team All-State RB who went on to play at Arkansas State

I CAN KEEP ON GOING IF YOU'D LIKE FOR ME TO DO SO!!!!!!

In 1996 Sycamore HS didn't exist but some of the notable players from the Pleasant View area who went to CCCHS back in the day included:

Michael Jackson (1999): 6-4A All Region OL who went on to be a 4 year starter for UT-Martin at OT

Dustin West (1997): 4A 1st Team All-State LB & MVP of the Tennessee-Kentucky All-Star Game

Nick Bogle (1997): 4A 1st Team All State DB who led the entire state of TN with 12 interceptions

Jerimiah Ligon (1994): 4A 1st Team All-State RB who went on to play at Arkansas State

I CAN KEEP ON GOING IF YOU'D LIKE FOR ME TO DO SO!!!!!!

Chris Galbreath...."look it up". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Post something relevant..............FOR ONCE /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What? You don't have a Greenbrier roster for 1996?? Since you love records, find out about Chris Galbreath..."sweetheart". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> While you're checking about our "no good" players....check and see how many Mr. Football's you'll find from Sycamore too. Oh...yeah....well "look it up" anyway. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry I don't remember all these boys. I saw Ligon play, he was a beast. Sounds like a good list from the county. Hopefully Station Camp can have a few names like these to remember in the future.

What has happened to the GreebrierBoobCats this year? They have had a somewhat supbar year for their standards.

They missed the playoffs just two years ago at 3-7. They are playing like any "normal" Greenbrier team would perform. Those teams from 2003, 2004, & 2005 were all teams that had talent and their region foes weren't quite as strong. Since everyone caught back up to them the Bobcats have been back to their normal ways. AVERAGE AT BEST!!!!

I will say that primarily to GreenbrierCat2 since he decided to bash on DeKalb Co. somewhat yesterday.

What has happened to the GreebrierBoobCats this year? They have had a somewhat supbar year for their standards.

They missed the playoffs just two years ago at 3-7. They are playing like any "normal" Greenbrier team would perform. Those teams from 2003, 2004, & 2005 were all teams that had talent and their region foes weren't quite as strong. Since everyone caught back up to them the Bobcats have been back to their normal ways. AVERAGE AT BEST!!!!

I will say that primarily to GreenbrierCat2 since he decided to bash on DeKalb Co. somewhat yesterday.

What? You don't have a Greenbrier roster for 1996?? Since you love records, find out about Chris Galbreath..."sweetheart". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> While you're checking about our "no good" players....check and see how many Mr. Football's you'll find from Sycamore too. Oh...yeah....well "look it up" anyway. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ACTUALLY GALBREATH'S SENIOR YEAR WAS 95.HE WAS IN THE SAME CLASS AS ME,OUR FRESHMEN YEAR AT W.H HE WAS OUR TAILBACK,HE WAS FAST...I HATED TO SEE HIM TRANSFER TO GREENBRIER BUT HE LIVED ON BETHEL RD,SO HE ACTUALLY WAS ZONED FOR GREENBRIER,HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL SAFETY'S I'VE SEEN.

Do you know how "fuzzy" your own rules are? When GBCat2 speaks up for WH for the bashing you give them everytime they have a thread you call him names and cry foul, but you do the same on posts for other schools and think it's your right. You make no sense. And obviously don't realize that you're NOT saying much for your Cheatham County Cubs who have been beaten by the so-called "AVERAGE AT BEST" Greenbrier Bobcats for three years straight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do you know how "fuzzy" your own rules are? When GBCat2 speaks up for WH for the bashing you give them everytime they have a thread you call him names and cry foul, but you do the same on posts for other schools and think it's your right. You make no sense. And obviously don't realize that you're NOT saying much for your Cheatham County Cubs who have been beaten by the so-called "AVERAGE AT BEST" Greenbrier Bobcats for three years straight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are ..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck to you Bobcats !!!