Sevier Co. @ Dobyns-Bennett

One of the major factors with Sevier County is Tyler Thomas...did he really quit?...why?...he has been a starter for virtually three years now, it seems...

Roll Tribe Roll

Skunk,if that was you that I {Todd }talked to on my way to work,I wish your boy a speedy recovery.He is a great player.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, he is a very nice guy, as you seem to be as well. I just thought I had figured out your real world identity. Touche.

I used my real name when I started,and as a joke changed to batman. Many caught it and I just told several more.I guess it takes away some of the fun,but if I'm going to talk about another parents kid,I'd just soon them know who I am.I get fired up some times,but try and take a fair approach when it comes to the players. I try to just be a sports fan and keep dad out of it.Sometimes that is harder to do than I would like.Roll Tribe

I used my real name when I started,and as a joke changed to batman. Many caught it and I just told several more.I guess it takes away some of the fun,but if I'm going to talk about another parents kid,I'd just soon them know who I am.I get fired up some times,but try and take a fair approach when it comes to the players. I try to just be a sports fan and keep dad out of it.Sometimes that is harder to do than I would like.Roll Tribe

Is it Bateman?

Is it Bateman?

No,but he is a great guy and his whole family is top of the line.I talk about his son a lot because he is the heart and soul of our defense.We just have a great bunch of kids and our coaches are some of the best.That doesn't mean that most of us are not saturday morning QB's,even GC is one of those.This game friday will test us because they have a fine QB and wide out combo.I have watched the team practice,and I think we are ready.Roll Tribe

My question is this ... will DB be forced to play 4 full quarters against a strong contingent of Bears?

or

Will DB obtain a 21 point lead and coast until forced to score again (as seems to be the norm)?

or

Will DB play 4 quarters no matter the score?

The answer will tell us if this team is maturing enough yet to be a serious contender against the much stronger teams that they will likely encounter in playoffs. Of course they have to get to the playoffs first.

I personally would like to see 4 quarters of football. Make it so.

well well well sevier county has dropped off horribly these past weeks.... they will have 2 play the best game of there lives and get a lil luck to win..... its always been a lil rivalry between the schools...sc must rebound.... i dont c them winning but theyll come ready..... patrick miller has good game every game.... they must find a running game

yeah well strange things could happen and the bears might win.

Sorry to disappoint but Sevier Co is not competitive with D-B this year.

In fact, and I don't want to jinx the Indians, but I thing they are legitimate State Title contenders in 5A this year. It is a little early to tell with their injury situation, but if they can get everyone healthy, they have more offensive weapons than in recent years and the typical Watson led D.

By the way, one of the best HS football games I ever saw was the turn of the century (Adonis Johnson era) game at SC - a 35 - 34 Indian win if I remember.

Sorry to disappoint but Sevier Co is not competitive with D-B this year.

In fact, and I don't want to jinx the Indians, but I thing they are legitimate State Title contenders in 5A this year. It is a little early to tell with their injury situation, but if they can get everyone healthy, they have more offensive weapons than in recent years and the typical Watson led D.

By the way, one of the best HS football games I ever saw was the turn of the century (Adonis Johnson era) game at SC - a 35 - 34 Indian win if I remember.

You never know 100% how your going to match up with a team.They are a passing team and we have had some problems at times with the pass.We have some people hurt or not completly healthy all over our defense.I would be very happy to keep Sevier county under 21 points for the game as long as our offense puts up 21 plus points.Just get the "W" and go to the house.