Region 5-5A

Gwave2010

As of right now, it is a three team race. I have seen all three play, and in my honest opinion, I think that Hunters Lane is the best of the three. The reason I say that is because of speed, speed, and speed. Gallatin is good, but their O can be stymied, and if that happens a couple of times, it will be hard to catch up. Same with Hendersonville. Their O can be stopped. I saw Hendersonville play Antioch, and the score was misleading. H'ville had the short field for all of those 2nd half points. Hunters Lane is fast and I think they will win the region, with Gallatin 2nd and H'ville 3rd. The Antioch v. McGavock winner will be 4th and have to deal with a very good Franklin team. In the playoffs, I see our region winning 2 of 4 games. What teams IDK.

Sorry nununu. Hunters Lane's speed was never a factor. In fact Gallatin looked like they more.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, Week 8 is here and it is safe (but confusing) to start talking playoffs.

As of now, Hillwood is the only team eliminated from playoff contention with 2 games left to play. With that said, McGavock, Overton, and Glencliff all need to pull some upsets and get help to get in.

Antioch looks to have the number 4 spot locked up, with the easiest schedule to go with Hillwood and Glencliff. If the Bears win out, they are #4 no questions asked.

The top three spots are still up for grabs between Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Hunters Lane, but the Warriors are at the greatest disadvantage with 1 region loss to Gallatin. Of the top 3 HL could win out and still not get the top spot. If either Gallatin or H-ville were to win out, then they would have the #1 spot with the other most likely being the #2.

Finally, Week 8 is here and it is safe (but confusing) to start talking playoffs.

As of now, Hillwood is the only team eliminated from playoff contention with 2 games left to play. With that said, McGavock, Overton, and Glencliff all need to pull some upsets and get help to get in.

Antioch looks to have the number 4 spot locked up, with the easiest schedule to go with Hillwood and Glencliff. If the Bears win out, they are #4 no questions asked.

The top three spots are still up for grabs between Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Hunters Lane, but the Warriors are at the greatest disadvantage with 1 region loss to Gallatin. Of the top 3 HL could win out and still not get the top spot. If either Gallatin or H-ville were to win out, then they would have the #1 spot with the other most likely being the #2.

You are right on target. Playoff possibilities are Ravenwood, Centennial, Brentwood, and Franklin. The others are pretty much on the outside looking in. However they could change the projected finish. Biggest game left in that region is Centennial/Franklin in week #10. Those #2 and #3 spots are going to be some really good matchups when you pair these two regions up.

Top 3 teams in this region look very strong, we should be fare well in the playoffs. I see Region 5 going 3-1 in the first round no matter what the pairings end up being.

I don't know about that. Williamson Co has had this regions number for several years. They have good coaching and those players over there think we are inferior. I would love to see it but as of right now I don't think so. I am not sold on Hunters Lane matching up with them yet and I don't think Antioch does either. Antioch has got to get more play from anybody but Davis and Gleaves.

I don't know about that. Williamson Co has had this regions number for several years. They have good coaching and those players over there think we are inferior. I would love to see it but as of right now I don't think so. I am not sold on Hunters Lane matching up with them yet and I don't think Antioch does either. Antioch has got to get more play from anybody but Davis and Gleaves.

Well. I have no faith in Antioch whatsoever, they have two players like you said. Hunter's Lane I don't know too much about, but I assume they're solid with a 7-1 record. I'll take Gallatin fans word for it since ya'll have seen them. All I do know is Hendersonville is good and Gallatin seems to be back to the old days as well. Normally there are 2 solid teams from this region, but with HHS, GHS, and HLHS, this could be the first time in a while that there has been 3 good ones. Only time will tell I guess.

After the week 9 games the region title is still up for grabs.

If H-ville beats HL they win.

If Gallatin beats McGavock and HL wins Gallatin wins .

If HL wins and Gallatin loses HL wins.

H-ville's no contest against Hillwood could actually cost them the region because of a lack of 6 wins. Should they lose to HL and Gallatin wins the region records would be

Gallatin 6-1

HL 6-1

H-ville 5-1

That situation would leave Gallatin spliting the head to head with HL and HL would have the victory over H-ville.

The ball is in H-ville's hands and no offense to HL but they should win.

So with that said and hopefully a Gallatin win over McGavock .

The standing will most likely be.

1. H-ville

2. Gallatin

3. HL

4 Antioch

Regardless of how these teams finish they will all have their hands full in the playoffs against region 6.