Region 5-5A

Gwave2010

Apparently there are some posters who have not seen Hunters lane play. We have a very strong defense. We have a strong running game. Of course our passing game is lacking but, it is starting to come together. I see HLHS taking the region and hopefully the state...Hendersonville and Gallatin both have strong teams and the final few games of the season are going to be really interesting.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a three team race for the championship with an outside shot for two other teams. The Antioch/Hendersonville matchup this week will eliminate one. Not sure if Hendersonville can hang with Davis and his quickness.

'If' Hendersonville cannot beat Antioch they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. I have seen Antioch and was NOT impressed by ANY portion of their play. Their supposedly big bad RB CAN be stopped cold. Their O-line maybe big, but it is weak also.

Apparently there are some posters who have not seen Hunters lane play. We have a very strong defense. We have a strong running game. Of course our passing game is lacking but, it is starting to come together. I see HLHS taking the region and hopefully the state...Hendersonville and Gallatin both have strong teams and the final few games of the season are going to be really interesting.

I will agree with you that the last few games are going to be interesting. Hunters Lane could very well win the region...not sure if they can win the state however. Both Hendersonville and Gallatin are better than they were last year and in my opinion HL is not as good. But I guarentee you that when you play Gallatin it won't be as easy as last year. I definitely think these three make the playoffs. McGavock/Antioch winner(barring any upsets) takes the final spot.

'If' Hendersonville cannot beat Antioch they do not deserve to be in the playoffs. I have seen Antioch and was NOT impressed by ANY portion of their play. Their supposedly big bad RB CAN be stopped cold. Their O-line maybe big, but it is weak also.

Ole Dad, are you talking about Antioch when you say big bad running back or Hendersonville?

I am very concerned about Antioch. Had major trouble with QB Terrance Davis last year. The best way for H'ville to win is to keep Davis and Gleaves on the sidelines. Run the football, keep it away from the Bears and get a big play in the return game from Yazzie. Right now the way I see it is Hunters Lane #1, Gallatin a close #2, H'ville/Antioch 3/4 and Overton/McGavock 5/6.

i have seen hunters lane play and in my opinion they are the best in the region until proven otherwise they are the defending champs and are my favorite to win the region again the only real difference between this year and last season is the secondary is a little weaker but overall the starters on the team played or started last year and are experienced and get great coaching and the gallatin game will decide the region, h-ville has lost 3 str8 to hunters lane and i think that streak will continue

i have seen hunters lane play and in my opinion they are the best in the region until proven otherwise they are the defending champs and are my favorite to win the region again the only real difference between this year and last season is the secondary is a little weaker but overall the starters on the team played or started last year and are experienced and get great coaching and the gallatin game will decide the region, h-ville has lost 3 str8 to hunters lane and i think that streak will continue

Hunters Lane may very well be the best in the region again this year but I do know that the offense they will face against Gallatin is nothing like last year. We aren't one dimensional like last year. Gallatin has a true QB actually running the show this year and it shows. He can run, pass and makes good decissions on his reads and because of this it has helped the entire running game. Gotta give credit to the O-line too, they are giving the guys good holes to run through.

The D is starting to come together. They don't seem to be having to think as much and are reacting and just playing the game.

I also think next weeks game with HLHS decides who wins the region. It should be a great game to see.

Antioch takes a POUNDING from Hendersonville, 42-21.

It was close untill the half, then Hville just starts turning it on. Whoever said that Hville couldn't contain Davis from Antioch.....you were right ha. But Hendersonville just kept their composure all night even when it looked bad, played as a team, and got a huge region win. Next up is the Bobcats of Overton, let's get another win boys.

Antioch takes a POUNDING from Hendersonville, 42-21.

It was close untill the half, then Hville just starts turning it on. Whoever said that Hville couldn't contain Davis from Antioch.....you were right ha. But Hendersonville just kept their composure all night even when it looked bad, played as a team, and got a huge region win. Next up is the Bobcats of Overton, let's get another win boys.

Good strategy by Hville tonight. Contain rush and even though Davis threw for a lot of yards the job got done. He threw at least 3 picks maybe 4. Big play in the game was after Hville tied it at 21 Antioch fumbled the squib kick and Hville recovered. They scored on the fade to Yazzie and it was all down hill for Antioch. Antioch had 2 huge unsportsmanlike penalties which really cost them. Very undisciplined at times.

Can't say Hendersonville played extremely disciplined either though. All that scrambling by Davis led to the Hville secondary getting a lot of holding and pass interference calls. Pretty sloppy game penalty wise by both teams I thought.

I agree on the strategy though. Although Hville didn't get many sacks, they still got a ton of pressure and had good containment to keep Antioch's O off balance in the second half.

The Commandos of Hendersonville with another big win! They have not lost a game since August. Why you might ask? Because they are a TEAM each and every week they play as a TEAM and do not rely on one aspect of their game. They are a team to be reckoned with over the next three games to end the season. I sure would love to see the boys in black bring home the Region Title which is very possible.

Hville travels to Overton next week which should be a victory if they come out and play hard and execute. While Gallatin vs. Hunters Lane ought to be an outright brawl untill the end.

My predictions HHS defeats Overton......While the green wave shock the Warriors from Hunters Lane who i might add wear the spears on their helmet the wrong way!