Who is For Sure Leaving DI for DII?

jtmgovols

Not about wanting to or not wanting to offer financial aid and all about not wanting to play schools that, with the Z plan and multiplier, are over 3 times bigger than they are. I personally wish there was a private school division for schools that did not offer financial aid where neither financial aid or multiplier was a factor.

We know the feeling despite the fact that we have 624 students, Catholic is moving to 5A (football) and 3A (all other sports) and competing with teams like Halls, Powell, Campbell Co. etc all with enrollments (based on the TSSAAA figures) over 1200 (except for Anderson at 1150). Contrary to popular belief we don't give scholarships and it will be tough playing against schools that large in all areas. While our basketball teams have played against large schools before it does become a numbers game in the long run.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity is definitely staying Division I. Maybe some of that money could be invested in a PR department /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

From the Jackson Sun this morning:

With the deadline approaching this week to move to Division II, Trinity Christian Academy football Michael Hodum said nothing has changed, and the Lions will stay in Division I.

The Lions' proposed region, with opponents such as Trenton Peabody, Humboldt and Scotts Hill is more attractive, Hodum said than their current region which includes Manassas, Middleton and Halls.

Closer opponents will build better rivalries and bring bigger gates, he said.

"We feel like we have more in common with the public school programs than the D-II programs," he said. "We feel like those folks are more like us than the D-II programs."

Yea, I always get these schools confused with each other?

Yea, I always get these schools confused with each other?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We'll see how much those "folks" are like them when it comes time for tip off with Humboldt boys.

Can't imagine Middleton or Halls showing them much love this year after that statement.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We'll see how much those "folks" are like them when it comes time for tip off with Humboldt boys.

Can't imagine Middleton or Halls showing them much love this year after that statement.

Not sure why they would be upset since he's talking about proximity to their region opponents, but go ahead and think that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

USJ and JCS have always been able to draw better athletes to their schools than Trinity, hence all of their titles. Both are bigger, and they feel that Div. II is their best option. Good for them, but it doesn't mean Trinity has to follow suit. Anyway, maybe he's talking about playing smaller schools in their area that you don't have to travel to Memphis to play. Not everyone has deep enough pockets for that, especially with gas and the economy the way it is.

Not sure why they would be upset since he's talking about proximity to their region opponents, but go ahead and think that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

USJ and JCS have always been able to draw better athletes to their schools than Trinity, hence all of their titles. Both are bigger, and they feel that Div. II is their best option. Good for them, but it doesn't mean Trinity has to follow suit. Anyway, maybe he's talking about playing smaller schools in their area that you don't have to travel to Memphis to play. Not everyone has deep enough pockets for that, especially with gas and the economy the way it is.

I am sure that he did not mean it the way it came across and if JCS/USJ were still playing in single A, I am sure the decision would have been different. I probably have been reading message boards way too much where every word get analyzed to death /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I am sure that Trinity is only doing what they think is best for their school and their students.

I can assure you that coaches and administrators from all three Jackson privates looked at the issue from every angle several times. Each school has made the decision that they think is in the best interest of their student athletes.

I can only guess what the decisions of JCS and USJ would have been had they still been able to play in the A classification in all sports...

I can assure you that coaches and administrators from all three Jackson privates looked at the issue from every angle several times. Each school has made the decision that they think is in the best interest of their student athletes.

I can only guess what the decisions of JCS and USJ would have been had they still been able to play in the A classification in all sports...

I am sure that if JCS and USJ had been allowed to play in single A classification as they should have been, this would not even be a discussion and they would have stayed Div I, as I am sure the same would be true for the majority of the other schools that are making the jump. I can't blame Trinity for staying in Division I and they will be fine, until they start winning championships and then let the howling begin......and the figuring begin to see just where the multiplier has to be set next to get them to 2A....