10AAA

Eaglepride00

First round at higher seed's gym, 2nd and 3rd round of the district tournament at Springfield (I think). No idea where regionals are at, although I think 10AAA hosts this year.

I don't think 10-AAA hosts--they were at Rossview last year. I do think the later rounds of the district are at Springfield though.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like guard Shonte Sims is really starting to play ball. I'm told he had 28 against Kenwood friday and had 27 against the team from Missouri at home Saturday. I think that's a name that people in WEst TN are going to be hearing a lot of the rest of this year and next! Also, congratulations to Marcus Etheridge, that's a great accomplishment, we're all proud of you! Keep working, and lets make some noise this year!

Yes shonte is a very gifted athlete. And we are lucky to have 2 players that can score 30 on any night. Shonte is also a very gifted passer. He throws some bad ones sometimes but then he will throw one and you will be like how did he do that. And the number 1 thing is he is a leader and he has fun out there. And it rubs off on everybody else. Its kinda scary that we could be even better next year. We need to finish this season with a bang and show these people that don't believe in us.

First round at higher seed's gym, 2nd and 3rd round of the district tournament at Springfield (I think). No idea where regionals are at, although I think 10AAA hosts this year.

Region 5AAA will be held at Hendersonville. First round games at the higher seeds. I think the first round games of both the district and region should be played at the tourney site. It is nonsense that fans have to be split up all over the midstate. It would be a great atmosphere to see 10AAA at the Dunn Center and they could even host the region next year. Where would a nice place be to hold 9AAA ?....not sure if Vol State is the best place but a start.

Region 5AAA will be held at Hendersonville. First round games at the higher seeds. I think the first round games of both the district and region should be played at the tourney site. It is nonsense that fans have to be split up all over the midstate. It would be a great atmosphere to see 10AAA at the Dunn Center and they could even host the region next year. Where would a nice place be to hold 9AAA ?....not sure if Vol State is the best place but a start.

Playing at the Dunn Center would be great. I know several other states do that with the local universities. I think it would be great to have a Classic at the Dunn Center over Martin Luther King weekend or some other Saturday. Have four or five games with teams from Clarksville, Nashville, and even Kentucky. Could make for a great day of basketball.

Playing at the Dunn Center would be great. I know several other states do that with the local universities. I think it would be great to have a Classic at the Dunn Center over Martin Luther King weekend or some other Saturday. Have four or five games with teams from Clarksville, Nashville, and even Kentucky. Could make for a great day of basketball.

I could not agree with you more!!!. Bring in Memphis White Station vs. Science Hill then bring in Marshall Co. KY vs. Livingston Academy; siegel vs. any Clarksville team...the possibilties are unlimited. And what a great recruiting tool for APSU and Loos!!

I have to agree with you that it won't be long till he'll be hearing from them. If his names not out there yet, surely it's on its way. He is very impressive for me to watch, he just does so many of the little things that really impress me. Beyond scoring points, he plays so hard...takes charges, rebounds the fire out of the ball, and really has great court vision. He sure is fun to watch!!

I would have to disagree with being a better football player. If Shonte Simms wants to play at the next level he will wise up and stick with basketball. Schools like Memphis and UT are constantly filling up Coach Wilkins' mailbox. Simms is a natural athlete with much potential. An athlete like this is rarely seen on the hardwood. This kid needs to realize his future is in basketball.

I would have to disagree with being a better football player. If Shonte Simms wants to play at the next level he will wise up and stick with basketball. Schools like Memphis and UT are constantly filling up Coach Wilkins' mailbox. Simms is a natural athlete with much potential. An athlete like this is rarely seen on the hardwood. This kid needs to realize his future is in basketball.

You know I thought the same thing last year when he decided to sit out to focus on football but I didn't post it on coacht. I told my friends that tho. I really think he could be a better basketball player. But I don't care which one he plays. Whatever he wants as long as he stays healthy this year and next.