Billie Blount VS. OR

ROADWARRIOR1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bld,

Did you hear the news? Bailey has decided that it is perfectly fine for all Oak Ridge teachers and students to carry knives to school and to take them out and open them up as long as they have no ill intent. The lawyer for the ACHS 4 students will be delighted to hear this reasoning. Knives are now allowed in Oak Ridge Schools as has been determined by The Superindent of Schools.

Ole Dad

Tpoole, You win again.

Let the knive thing go. I went to the Farragut William Blount game this past Friday night and William Blount is ALOT BETTER then a 0-6 team even with out there big guns. They gave Farragut all the wanted. I also went to the Farragut and McMinn County game the past Friday and McMinn is a good team but they don't get after you let William Blount does on both sides of the football. The Wildcats better get ready to get punch in the mouth because William Blount will get after you on offense and defense. Lail kid looks awesome.

The incident was a "non-issue" but if we talk about it coachT will close the thread so let's just talk about Billy Blount and the mildcats.

Govman is there anything we need to know about the Govs? I just don't think the Cats can get up for this game. Just too much going on.

Bounder,

Well, I'm sure you've already heard all year about the injury situation. We've had more than our fair share. One of the few senior leaders we had left--Don Cope (4 int's against Cats last year) left the Farragut game early in second half with what appeared to be a serious knee injury. TPoole or Willie? You all got any update on Don's condition?

We possibly could be getting back our "offensive machine"--Darren Garner, this week. Darren accounted for 2,000+ total yards last season. He broke collar bone in preseason and has yet to see the field in regular season.

The Gov's, I believe, played their best game of the season last week against Farragut. We've got back our sophomore qb--Zach Witt-- who was originally scheduled to start this season before he injured his foot. He made his first start last week and provided a lot of spark. Great runner. You'll still probably see our freshman qb, Zack Owens, play some also. He started out first 5 games. Great things ahead for him.

I believe it sets up to be a great high school football game. Both teams still have play-off possibilities. Basically, for WB, the play-offs start Friday night. Defeat OR, McMinn, Bradley, and Heritage and we've got a great chance to keep playing into the post season. Lose one of those and most likely our season is over after 10 games. Oak Ridge is in the same situation. If they could win out, they'd make play-offs. I guess actually, you all mathmatically could still get in even if you didn't win every game left. I don't believe we have that option... we HAVE to win. Our end-of-year schedule is more favorable I'd guess ... we've already played Ooltewah, Farragut, and Soddy.

Thank you Govman I knew I could count to give a good preview of the Govs. I'm afraid we have the meat of our schedule ahead of us and it just doesn't look too good for the home team, if you know what I mean.

We'll probably have all our key players, and run the spread and throw the fade. I think that's all they know.

Throw The Fade!

It could be a successful season for OR if we can sneak up on Billie Blount. That would give us a chance to beat my preseason prediction of 3-7 and actually be 4-6.

Ram Dad

Thank you Govman I knew I could count to give a good preview of the Govs. I'm afraid we have the meat of our schedule ahead of us and it just doesn't look too good for the home team, if you know what I mean.

We'll probably have all our key players, and run the spread and throw the fade. I think that's all they know.

William Blount is on the rise. Oak Ridge is much like The Vols. The Volunteers under their native son have 147 triumphs against only 45 defeats for a winning percentage of .766. No active coach with at least a decade in Division I-A has such a lofty victory rate. And a great number of fans want him replaced. What would happen if he was 29-17?

The incident was a "non-issue" but if we talk about it coachT will close the thread so let's just talk about Billy Blount and the mildcats.

Govman is there anything we need to know about the Govs? I just don't think the Cats can get up for this game. Just too much going on.

William Blount is on the rise. Oak Ridge is much like The Vols. The Volunteers under their native son have 147 triumphs against only 45 defeats for a winning percentage of .766. No active coach with at least a decade in Division I-A has such a lofty victory rate. And a great number of fans want him replaced. What would happen if he was 29-17?

That native son is only 17-15 in his last 32 games!! Maybe the results from the next 3 or 4 games will push him to announce his retirement?

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

And the native son at Oak Ridge will end the season 16-15 in his last 31 games. Does that mean you feel he should announce his retirement also? Me too.

Ole Dad

That native son is only 17-15 in his last 32 games!! Maybe the results from the next 3 or 4 games will push him to announce his retirement?

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

William Blount is improving each week and will be tough for The Cats.

Here is the Sentinel take on the knife issue:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/oct/08/o...-students-repr/

Ram Dad

FYI, The OakRidgers article on the knife incident:

School Chief Offers Context to Knife Incident

The saga continues....

Now back to the topic.

As I stated on the previous thread, WB is improving faster than we are: 17-14 WB.