Dickson County @ Independence

donathan5507

Unless there is a complete change in the mind set/game plan, I wouldn't look for the ball to be spread around any more than it has been this year. It doesn't seem as though change is welcome at Indy this year. That will be the 'statement' you can expect to be made if it's business as usual this week for Indy.

It's hard for a QB to make a secondary look silly if he only looks downfield once and then pulls it down and runs. I wouldn't blame all of this on the receivers as I've seen them open plenty of times before and after the QB decided to run it. But then, that's just my opinion/observation.

Its not a mind set or game plan. They have a good game plan, spread out in a sense that its going to be thrown more this week. Change is always welcome, Eubanks is far from a strict guidelines coach, hes very open to change. He pulls it down to run because on several occasions players have dropped wide open catches. Heckman is fine and he gets the ball to the open receivers when he can. You cant blame the kid for having the ability to go the distance on a scramble. But true thats just an observation. The obly business that will be made is a jump start towards this long strectch for indy. TRUST ME it will be a statement week regardless of the competition.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to watch what you say here. You'll be lumped into the 'conspiracy' catagory and deluged with offers of game tapes, called names, admonished to be ignored and generally treated as a non supporter of the Indy Nation. I do, however, happen to agree with your observations and have pretty much maintained this all year. But, then again, that's just me and a few others who dare post their politically incorrect observations and question the status quo bandwagon (that 'wagon' is looking pretty worn out about now).

I do hope that they make some type of change and share the ball a little more to have a better chance for a 'team' win. If not, I afraid it's going to be more of the same and perhaps worse against the 'Woods'. Maybe even a repeat of the Franklin game. That would be demoralizing, in my opinion.

Who are you, Sinclair Lewis?

To answer your rule book question, I think most everyone here is tired of you. Second, its not what you're saying its how your saying it. If you have an opinion, please go ahead and express it, thats what this forum is for. But not every post you make has to have a mocking, satirical nature to it. If you want people to respect your opinion, respect theirs. Whenever anyone has a different opinion, you come up with all this egocentric crap that belittles both the poster and the opinion. Feel free to disagree with something, but if you want people to stop coming after you, I suggest you change your tone on here a little.

Okay everyone on here dissin the indy nation just wait.. these next 3 games will prove why we are no doubt the loudest crowd in middle TN and as for the game tonight i think they will be playing with heavy hearts for there fellow teammate Carter Johnson who apparently had emergency surgery last night on his intestines. Keep him in your prayers and i can almost guarantee a win tonight boys!! we are bringin the heat

Most importantly my prayers go out to Johnson and I hope he has a full recovery.

Secondly your statement about being the "loudest crowd in middle TN" might be as far from the truth as can be. But I have an open mind; and I too hope the next three games are different as far as the crowd noise, energy, etc.

Its not a mind set or game plan. They have a good game plan, spread out in a sense that its going to be thrown more this week. Change is always welcome, Eubanks is far from a strict guidelines coach, hes very open to change. He pulls it down to run because on several occasions players have dropped wide open catches. Heckman is fine and he gets the ball to the open receivers when he can. You cant blame the kid for having the ability to go the distance on a scramble. But true thats just an observation. The obly business that will be made is a jump start towards this long strectch for indy. TRUST ME it will be a statement week regardless of the competition.

I really hope you are right here.

Who are you, Sinclair Lewis?

To answer your rule book question, I think most everyone here is tired of you. Second, its not what you're saying its how your saying it. If you have an opinion, please go ahead and express it, thats what this forum is for. But not every post you make has to have a mocking, satirical nature to it. If you want people to respect your opinion, respect theirs. Whenever anyone has a different opinion, you come up with all this egocentric crap that belittles both the poster and the opinion. Feel free to disagree with something, but if you want people to stop coming after you, I suggest you change your tone on here a little.

It shouldn't matter who I am. I have an opinion and a right to express it. If you don't like it or the way I express it , which now also seems to pose problems, don't read it, OK? That should be forwarded to 'everyone' who is 'tired'. This still doesn't answer my rule book question but I'm used to not receiving any answers here which is why I give so few myself.

It's very hard not to be mocking/satirical when the responses are so ridiculous. People coming after me? Change my tone? OK, I'm so very sorry for having offended the bandwagoners with my opinions, etc..oops! Sarcasm again, eh? I knew ya'll wouldn't miss it! Too sharp for me!

Give it a break already and concede that we agree to disagree about certain aspects of the game being played at Indy and let's just leave it at that, OK? OY!

"If one would like to know how they "hijack" a thread, they will just read your posts on pretty much every thread. We know your opinions on the QB situation and we still do not care. If you want the INDY threads to get back to where they were, try starting a conversation about the rest of the team..."

I don't think what he says on here will effect of or should I say lack there of the Independence supporters. It seems it goes down every year. The Indy fan base needs to step it up especially for the young men out there giving it there all on Friday nights.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKIN ABOUT INDY HAS THE BIGGEST FAN SECTION IN WILLIAMSON COUNTY, who ever you are you obviously have no idea what your talkin about, come to an INDY game and you will see your completly wrong, The Chinco is the man and will destroy any one in his path!!

It shouldn't matter who I am. I have an opinion and a right to express it. If you don't like it or the way I express it , which now also seems to pose problems, don't read it, OK? That should be forwarded to 'everyone' who is 'tired'. This still doesn't answer my rule book question but I'm used to not receiving any answers here which is why I give so few myself.

It's very hard not to be mocking/satirical when the responses are so ridiculous. People coming after me? Change my tone? OK, I'm so very sorry for having offended the bandwagoners with my opinions, etc..oops! Sarcasm again, eh? I knew ya'll wouldn't miss it! Too sharp for me!

Give it a break already and concede that we agree to disagree about certain aspects of the game being played at Indy and let's just leave it at that, OK? OY!

Again....We have to sit here and listen to your BS "Mr. Smith" That is who you are right??? It's not hard to figure it out.... In your earlier posts ....you bash on the Heckman Kid again...It's obvious whenever you can talk trash about the coaches or the current QB you do...it never fails for you to throw a cheap shot in there when you can.... and It's a shame that you are the way you are, your missing a real good season from your son.. If i'm not mistaken he has been playing WR, maybe not starting but playing alot ....He might even be starting I have'nt seen every game...I hope you go home and read this " sit down and realize what a creep you are being"! Just my opinion on you.

Again....We have to sit here and listen to your BS "Mr. Smith" That is who you are right??? It's not hard to figure it out.... In your earlier posts ....you bash on the Heckman Kid again...It's obvious whenever you can talk trash about the coaches or the current QB you do...it never fails for you to throw a cheap shot in there when you can.... and It's a shame that you are the way you are, your missing a real good season from your son.. If i'm not mistaken he has been playing WR, maybe not starting but playing alot ....He might even be starting I have'nt seen every game...I hope you go home and read this " sit down and realize what a creep you are being"! Just my opinion on you.

I've stated once before and I'll repeat-I am not related to anyone connected to the football program at Indy. Clear it up? Again with the name calling. Grow up! Think! Respond if you can without name calling. If not, I suppose I understand that there are limits to vocabulary/writing skills.etc. at work here. If you are an Indy graduate, you should be very proud of yourself, I guess. What's with the " "?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKIN ABOUT INDY HAS THE BIGGEST FAN SECTION IN WILLIAMSON COUNTY, who ever you are you obviously have no idea what your talkin about, come to an INDY game and you will see your completly wrong, The Chinco is the man and will destroy any one in his path!!

It is just simply my observation, along with many others at the games this season. But I hope you prove me wrong, because an energetic atmosphere at a game reflects positively on the game itself.

It is just simply my observation, along with many others at the games this season. But I hope you prove me wrong, because an energetic atmosphere at a game reflects positively on the game itself.

I hear that! And let's hope we hear it tonight! Looking forward to a team to cheer on to victory!

Dickson jumped out 21-0 early as they did a week ago against Centennial.

Indy clawed its way back and took control of the game in the 3rd and early 4th quarters.

With 4 minutes to go, IHS led by a score of 35-21. However, Dickson completed a long pass and scored to make it 35-28.

After Indy failed to get a first down, Dickson caught a huge break when a deep ball bounced off an Indy DB's helmet and landed in the hands of a Cougar receiver at the 5-yard line. DCHS tied it up at 35.

A game-winning FG attempt by Indy with 10 seconds left missed.

In OT, Dickson scored, Indy did not.

FINAL

Dickson Co. 42

Independence 35

Side note: Indy had 13 penalties.