District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ksgovols, i wouldnt say that throwin the ball at the other player is a foul under the circumstances that it occurred in the game. everytime that an SC player threw the ball at a harpeth player was to make it out of bounds on harpeth. i jus see that as part of the game now. you can pretty much beam someone with the ball in the face and not have a foul called on it as long as you are fallin out of bounds or something like that. And i agree with you that most charge/blocks are judgement calls on the refs, but the one i pointed out i have no clue how they called a block considering that he was completely set and still with the ballhandler lowering his shoulder. but owell that game is over. we all know that the refs were bad both ways.

and by the way i believe we used to have the same rule about the student section a couple years back but the size of students sitting there has decreased big time a lot of ppl there were former students before going back to college.

but like you said, it is still anyones season. top to bottom anything can happen. its gonna come down to injuries and what team is hot going into the postseason

Central played a very good game and led most of the way. C.W. led 51-46 with under a minute. Daniels hit 2 free throws for central with 18 seconds left and C.w. tried to get the ball across half court and called a timeout with 8 seconds left and a 51-48 lead. Trevor Moore stole the inbounds pass and got the ball to Mills who hit a 3 to tie the game and send it into O.T. C.W. got 2 big dunks in O.T. from Dotson and held on to escape with a win. Aaron Hyndman led C.W. with 23.

Meh, it doesn't matter to me, but if you paint 'Visitors' behind the visitors bench and the AD enforces that, there won't be ANY students sitting behind the visitors bench. In the early stages at Harpeth I've seen the students have to get up en mass and move across the gym to the other side, away from the benches. I hope we can at least get that changed for the Stewart County game at Harpeth and move our student body behind the visitors bench.

I can't ever see a reason why a ball would be 'beamed' at a player's face unless the player was laying on the floor. Most ethical players will throw a all at a players thighs or lower legs in that instance. The head is the easiest thing to move and the most unethical place to aim. What comes around goes around.

There were 50 fouls called in the game and 57 free throws shot of which both teams were lucky if they made 50%. First of all, 50 fouls is enough to foul out the starters on both sides and folks were complaining about the game getting out of hand at the end. Bad refereeing, plain and simple.

Meh, it doesn't matter to me, but if you paint 'Visitors' behind the visitors bench and the AD enforces that, there won't be ANY students sitting behind the visitors bench. In the early stages at Harpeth I've seen the students have to get up en mass and move across the gym to the other side, away from the benches. I hope we can at least get that changed for the Stewart County game at Harpeth and move our student body behind the visitors bench.

I can't ever see a reason why a ball would be 'beamed' at a player's face unless the player was laying on the floor. Most ethical players will throw a all at a players thighs or lower legs in that instance. The head is the easiest thing to move and the most unethical place to aim. What comes around goes around.

There were 50 fouls called in the game and 57 free throws shot of which both teams were lucky if they made 50%. First of all, 50 fouls is enough to foul out the starters on both sides and folks were complaining about the game getting out of hand at the end. Bad refereeing, plain and simple.

Well I know back when I was in high school, we kind of made it a point to try and sit behind Stewarts bench. I think we were able to do it like twice. But then again, the difference between the student sections of now and then are quite different. I dont know how big of a difference the student's will make this year, but I hope they step it up during district play.

Creek Wood only has 1 game this week. Cheatham at C.W. Central is definitely the most improved team in the district. Not just because they almost beat Creek Wood. They really have some players. Anyone who overlooks them will get beat. There bench is not very deep, but there starting 5 can play. They play well as a team and they play hard the whole game.

thoughts on tonight' action:

SC at Sycamore: Sycamore by 10 because they are at home and not traveling to Dover.

Cheatham at CW: CW wins this one big as Cheatham is just not very good this year. after two close game CW will lower the boom tonight.

MC at Waverly: I like MC in this one as they are playing well, but this will be a battle. Wavo desperately needs to get a win as a loss gives them 5 in the district and would all but eliminate them from getting a home game in the first round. MC can stay in the hunt for a home game. I say MC by 3 but it depends on how hungry Wavo is or MC could win by more.

Harpeth at Fairview: this is a hard one to pick. both are playing good ball this year. both teams have some good players that will match up well against each other. i think the play of Johnson for Fairview and Trey for Harpeth will cancel each other out. this may come down to whose bench steps up big tonight. from what i have seen so far this year, fairview has a slightly better bench and can play more people than Harpeth and the game is at fairview, so i go with Harpeth by 5 since i hate going by the numbers.

thoughts on tonight' action:

SC at Sycamore: Sycamore by 10 because they are at home and not traveling to Dover.

Cheatham at CW: CW wins this one big as Cheatham is just not very good this year. after two close game CW will lower the boom tonight.

MC at Waverly: I like MC in this one as they are playing well, but this will be a battle. Wavo desperately needs to get a win as a loss gives them 5 in the district and would all but eliminate them from getting a home game in the first round. MC can stay in the hunt for a home game. I say MC by 3 but it depends on how hungry Wavo is or MC could win by more.

Harpeth at Fairview: this is a hard one to pick. both are playing good ball this year. both teams have some good players that will match up well against each other. i think the play of Johnson for Fairview and Trey for Harpeth will cancel each other out. this may come down to whose bench steps up big tonight. from what i have seen so far this year, fairview has a slightly better bench and can play more people than Harpeth and the game is at fairview, so i go with Harpeth by 5 since i hate going by the numbers.

So you think Trey Caruthers and Ben Johnson are pretty equal? I actually think Ben is a much better athlete, but Trey is a far better basketball player. Should be a good one. Keep us posted tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i didn't say they were equal, i said their play will probably cancel each other out. both will probably score in the 15-20 point range tonight, both are good defenders, johnson rebounds better but trey can get teammates involved more. i merely said was they will cancel each other out and someone other then those two will have to step up for either to win.

and i agree that johnson is a far superior athlete, but i am not so sure that trey is a much better basketball player. i think that is up for debate, and in all fairness to trey he has a great chance to prove me wrong tonight.

If Trey scores less than 20 and Harpeth wins by 5 it better be a 35-30 type game. In the SC game it was Carruthers with 31, Horkins with 16, 2, 2, 1 and 1.

I hope you're right. I hope this means Dansby, McMullin and Jones throw in 6-10 each, which would take some of the scoring load off Trey. Harpeth has played 11-12 pretty consistently all year, so I don't know that an inexperienced bench applies anymore. They've got 15 games under their belt. They have about as much experience as anybody else I guess.

I'll reserve judgement on Fairview until I see them play.

Horkins is out tonight for Harpeth at Fairview. He got a 1 game suspension from the coach for the technical at SC last Friday. Don't yet know how that will translate, but some other guys have to step up for sure....especially in the scoring column. Caruthers is not going to get 30 every night out.....he needs some help. Fairview is playing really well so we'll see how it goes.