District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have heard Harpeth is going to treat this like any other game. Of course Wilson is going to want to win but i have heard depending on the health of his players (because I heard there was only 10 at practice yesterday) is how much the top 8 will play. Ok since we are at the end of the year who are the 10 best shooters in 11aa and then 5 best posts?

From what i have heard Harpeth is going to treat this like any other game. Of course Wilson is going to want to win but i have heard depending on the health of his players (because I heard there was only 10 at practice yesterday) is how much the top 8 will play. Ok since we are at the end of the year who are the 10 best shooters in 11aa and then 5 best posts?

I'll give you 6 and 5:

Shooters:

Gentry-Sycamore

Walton-Creek wood

Vogel-Waverly

Leonard-Waverly

D.Smith-Stewart

Palmore-Creek Wood

Hyndman- Creek Wood-c

Dotson-Creek Wood-c

Johnson-Fairview-f

Dempsey-Sycamore-f

Hyatt-M.C.-f

Not this year. I can't think of 10 great shooters. Not like the old days. I told the guy setting next to me at the game against FV that we needed Tyler to come off the bench and launch about 3 of those 35 footers to put the Indians in control.

To be considered top 10, I think you need to be hitting at least 35-40% from beyond the arch or better. I'd bet there's not 10 in the district that have shot over 20 3-pointers that are hitting that kind of percentage. Dang Moulton could throw daggers at you after he crossed the half court line. I can't say that I miss that.....

Where is the district tournament going to be held?

Sorry man. They're playing at Creekwood.

I don't disagree with that. Trey has lit it up in the past. I'll never forget 25 points in one quarter against McNairy Central, but his 3 ball has not been consistent this year. He's a slasher and Horkins is too I bet if we charted shots. McMullin, Crowe and even Dansby hit some 3's this year, but I'd have to look at some stats before I said top 10.

Top 10 to me is like the kids Sycamore seem to have one of every year where you hope they don't get an open look. Moulton, the lefty they had last year, Gentry this year. Some great 3 point shooters off the dribble or catch and shoot.

Tonight Harpeth beat CW for the 2nd time. Trey was Trey and perry played pretty well. Tice played great d and Crowe knocked down some good shots and was very clutch down to the wire even being completely ran over. Collin hit some good shots and everyone else played ok. The refs were letting a lot of fouls go and it turned into a rough game

Yep. Trey had 26, nobody else in double figures for Harpeth. A 20-12 halftime deficit was eliminated by a great 3rd quarter by Harpeth who had 21 in the 3rd and 20 in the 4th period. Creekwood was 11-17 from the line but missed 5 free throws down the stretch while Crowe, Horkins and Caruthers hit some clutch free throws for the win. Didn't see anybody sitting much. I thought Harpeth gutted this one out after having anywhere from 8-10 players out with some sort of crud during the week. I think there were 10 able to practice on Wednesday. We need everybody to get better before districts.

Still wondering why an intention foul wasn't called after Crowe was more or less pancaked breaking the press. To his credit, Z-man limped to the line and sank 2. A good effort on senior night. The Indians finish 10-4 in the district.