District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

That's not a bad synopsis Catfish. Harpeth plays to the level of competition lot's of times. That's how they manage to beat Creekwood twice this year and lay an egg in Dover. Still, I think Jamie Wilson takes 10-4 in the district at the beginning of the year with a great big smile on his face.

Good luck to everyone in the play in games tonight. Half the field gets eliminated before we head to Creekwood.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Fairview will watch the rest of the way. Final Waverly 73 Fairview 65 in double overtime.

Congrats to the Tigers. Definitely hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.

Harpeth went off on SC. Proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the loss in Dover was a FLUKE. I think SC only scored 8 in the first half, and they had to work their tails off to even get that.

Final Harpeth 68, SC 31. SC picked up the majority of their points in the 2nd half against the freshmen.

Hey Slube... I forgot to ask tonight... what was the score of the UK-Arkansas game this weekend...

Hey, this is a high school basketball thread, I don't need that crap here! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

However, we thought we'd let Mr. Meeks have his way with us before Pel out coaches Gillespie for the next couple of years, if Gillespie lasts that long. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Also, I was wearing blue tonight, so take it easy on me and my Hogs.

Congrats to the Tigers. Definitely hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.

Harpeth went off on SC. Proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the loss in Dover was a FLUKE. I think SC only scored 8 in the first half, and they had to work their tails off to even get that.

Final Harpeth 68, SC 31. SC picked up the majority of their points in the 2nd half against the freshmen.

And especially hard to beat a team on a Friday and turn around and beat them again on a Monday. This was unfortunate for Fairview. Props to Drew Bledsoe, he played his heart out. I believe he was the only starter left in the game during the second overtime... the other starters had fouled out. Nonetheless.. Way to pull it out Waverly.. good luck the rest of the way.

Harpeth's D is really getting it done right now. They dusted off the 2-2-1 and it was 37-8 at the half. Final 68-31. McMullin led Harpeth's scoring with 12, Dansby with 11 and Caruthers with 10 I think. The Indians go 12 of 21 from behind the arc. SC did not have an answer for Harpeth's pressure tonight.

A sock to me for not manning up and picking Wavo. I wanted to, but I thought their lack of size inside would hurt them. Definitely tough to play the same team Friday and Monday.

Harpeth's D is really getting it done right now. They dusted off the 2-2-1 and it was 37-8 at the half. Final 68-31. McMullin led Harpeth's scoring with 12, Dansby with 11 and Caruthers with 10 I think. The Indians go 12 of 21 from behind the arc. SC did not have an answer for Harpeth's pressure tonight.

A sock to me for not manning up and picking Wavo. I wanted to, but I thought their lack of size inside would hurt them. Definitely tough to play the same team Friday and Monday.

I'll give a thumbs up to the D as well. I really thought they executed the press well.

congrats to waverly on their win. it was a very physical game as always between the two and like many games this year poorly officiated. as parents, coaches, and players all you can ask for is the refs to be consistant and know the rules at a minimum. last night the refs were about as far from consistant as possible (hence 4 fairview players fouling out and only one wavo player even though waverly was actually the more physical team lsat night).

as far as rules goes, the fairview deserved his tech in overtime, but why was there no tech called on the wavo player who fouled out and walked off the court before a sub was put in for him, in the rule book that is automatically a tech and at the time of the game it would not have gone to the first ot as the game was tied with a minute left and 4 free throws and the ball would have sealed it for fairview.

but, nothign you can do about it now and waverly did come back from 12 down in the third to win. again, waverly played harder and wanted it more and it showed at the end.

Looks like Fairview will watch the rest of the way. Final Waverly 73 Fairview 65 in double overtime.

Great job to Wav. last night.Its really good to see that a team that

plays the game the right way can win. Fairview plays on the edge

of being dirty. Way to match their "physical" play and beat them at their

own game.Its no surprise that Frv. fouled out their entire starting unit

but one.When they came to Harp. they fouled like crazy.Good job

to Johnson,he did'nt seem to play this style.If you are going to foul

with no discretion then you better hope the game doesn't go into

over-time,cause if it does you may have to finish game with subs.

Whats sad is Frv. had some talent this year,so it makes one wonder

what style they will play next year with less talent.