District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

1st team: MVP Caruthers-Harpeth,Hyndman Dotson-CW, Dempsey-Sycamore, Johnson-Fairview,Vogel-Waverly. 2nd Team: Staggs-Sycamore, Dansby-Harpeth,Bledsoe-fairview, Leonard-Waverly, D. Smith-Stewart Co., Moore-Mont. Central, Smart-Cheatham. COY-Charles Taylor-CW.

All Tourney: MVP Dempsey-Sycamore, Dansby, Caruthers-Harpeth: Vogel, Gilbert-Waverly: Staggs, Hoard, Froedden-Sycamore: Dotson, Hyndman, Crow-Creek Wood.

Congrats to all players, teams, and coaches for these awards.

Now go and represent 11AA to the best of your ability and land a team or 2 in the BORO!!

Thanks for everyone coming out to the Wood. Quality FANS made our job easy as host. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better please let us know. U won't hurt my feelings!!! 30PEACE!!!

I like the format we had a couple of years ago where the boys and girls finals are on Saturday. Everything else would be the same. Monday/Tuesday at the high seeds, Thursday/Friday semis and finals on Saturday. Want a day's rest before finals? Go Wednesday/Thursday on the semis. We've made a 5 day event into an 8 day one. That's why we can't play baseball any sooner coachrop. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Basketball, in particular, wastes entirely too much time in the post-season.

I have lot's of ideas for all district teams. Either don't do them or make them performance based. Every team is not deserving of having an all district candidate every year. Thirteen players on the dang thing and we still didn't get it right. High school kids aren't stupid. They know who the players are. Stats don't lie if you keep them right. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

My vote would be to do away with superlatives and just give everybody a participation trophy and a coupon for an ice cream cone..........

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! I'm not shooting the messenger coachrop. Just ventin'. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Why can't girls state and boys state be played at the same time in basketball? Softball and baseball are played at the same time. Stuff like that extends the basketball season unnecessarily and then you squeeze 30 baseball games in by the end of April. It stinks.

TSSAA really does need to work on the calendar and how they do their post season.

Hows this:

Districts Feb. 16-21

Regions Feb. 23-28

State Mar. 2-7

Baseball reg season Mar 9-May 16 (10 weeks like everybody else)

Districts May 18-23

Regions May 25-30

State June 2-7

I just knocked 2 weeks off the boys basketball season without trying hard. Boys finals are Mar. 21st. That's a third of the way through the baseball season. We need a baseball guy at TSSAA!

The definition of 'fun' is to take a 9 year old walking encyclopedia on everything WWE to a live event. Mama was sending me basketball scores via text messages. I do think though, that I could still get my fastball past those muscle bound roidragers. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The definition of 'fun' is to take a 9 year old walking encyclopedia on everything WWE to a live event.

I can only imagine! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've only seen Bolivar this year. They're stout and would be tough for an 11AA team to beat. I saw Lexington last year and they weren't very good. I would think Sycamore could handle them. Southside supposedly is guard oriented and doesn't have much size. Their game with Harpeth will depend upon matchups. McNairy Central ran a pretty disciplined offense last year with lot's of backdoor cuts and they had a couple of guys that could shoot. I haven't seen them play this year.

My opinion is that 11AA's 1 through 3 seeds have a shot. I hope Waverly can hang with Bolivar, but they are a load. It would be nice if Harpeth/SycamoreIV had a substate berth on the line.

I like the format we had a couple of years ago where the boys and girls finals are on Saturday. Everything else would be the same. Monday/Tuesday at the high seeds, Thursday/Friday semis and finals on Saturday. Want a day's rest before finals? Go Wednesday/Thursday on the semis. We've made a 5 day event into an 8 day one. That's why we can't play baseball any sooner coachrop. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Basketball, in particular, wastes entirely too much time in the post-season.

I have lot's of ideas for all district teams. Either don't do them or make them performance based. Every team is not deserving of having an all district candidate every year. Thirteen players on the dang thing and we still didn't get it right. High school kids aren't stupid. They know who the players are. Stats don't lie if you keep them right. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

My vote would be to do away with superlatives and just give everybody a participation trophy and a coupon for an ice cream cone..........

Great post! Agree totally that it is way to long and drawn out. Should have played consolations & finals on Saturday. I also agree all district teams are watered down. How nice would it be to have just a 5 man first team and 5 man second team.

I think, like most things, it boils down to money. You could either pay $10 for the day on finals or $5 per session and clear the building for an hour like they do at the SEC tournament.

Basketball practice starts when, Oct. 15th and the last game is March 21st? 5 months to play 30 games? Give me a break. The district ended on Monday and the region starts on Saturday? We should be playing the region finals Saturday. You only have to play 3 games in a week max. Boys play Monday, Thursday, Saturday and girls play Tuesday, Friday and Saturday or vice versa. Do that 3 weeks in a row and we're done. Right now, 10 days after the last regular season game, we haven't even gotten to regions and we're a month away from the state finals. It takes less time to play the NCAA's. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />