District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Still.........based on tonight, the weakest 11AA I've seen in awhile. Dotson changed the game for Creekwood. If that kid's offense catches up with his defense he'll be something to watch. I thought Waverly had a good game plan against Creekwood, but you have to get some and ones against Dotson. The Tigers got a little tenative around the basket there at the end.

No comment on the Harpeth game. The Indians did something they rarely do. Gave up. They didn't even bring the B game tonight.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with you. As I have said in the past this is the weakest this district has ever been. Very disappointed in the Indians performance tonight, but I've been disappointed the past few years. I think we now finish in fourth and get a trip to Bolivar. Creek Wood avoided the upset tonight as I thought Waverly played a good game. We don't match up well with Waverly and I've thought all along that Waverly has as much or more talent than most teams in the district, but for whatever reason they keep underachieving. However, I'm afraid the Indians can start dusting off the baseball gloves in a few days.

Came in late to Harp./Syc. game and was shocked at the score.Syc. obviously

has Harp. #. Wav./Cw game was competitive for awhile then the two post

from CW took over the game.Hyndman was dominant rebounder and took over

offensively in 2nd qtr.Dotson is dominant defensively.They are tough to

handle for any team. The tigers played well tonight but just couldn't match

CW size.Thought our guard play was good tonight,we just have no inside

presence.Great team effort tonight.If Wav. can play like this Mon. we have

a good chance at Harp. Keep your heads up and keep fighting.

Actually Waverly and Harpeth matchup similarly. Waverly used the same formula that Harpeth used to beat Creekwood, but they didn't finish well around the basket. The way to beat Creekwood is to run them til they're grabbing their shorts and go hard at the inside folks and get to the foul line or kick out for open 3's. Wavo almost did that.

Harpeth has to get well. They're still fighting the crud and 2 guys have mild concussions.

Totally agree with you. As I have said in the past this is the weakest this district has ever been. Very disappointed in the Indians performance tonight, but I've been disappointed the past few years. I think we now finish in fourth and get a trip to Bolivar. Creek Wood avoided the upset tonight as I thought Waverly played a good game. We don't match up well with Waverly and I've thought all along that Waverly has as much or more talent than most teams in the district, but for whatever reason they keep underachieving. However, I'm afraid the Indians can start dusting off the baseball gloves in a few days.

I do think Waverly has the best all-around raw talent in the district, but they can rarely make it all come together. One reason may be their size or the fact that they don't have a true "go to" player. I see them sending Harpeth to Bolivar, which would be a nice change for Waverly.

Who will win tomorrow night?Both games are really important

as far as seedings go and what bracket you go to.

Sycamore will beat Creek Wood. They are due for a breakout win against the Red Hawks. I think the War Eagles are playing really good basketball at this point and could make a push in the regional tourney to get back to the substate game. Home court advantage in Pleasant View has proven over the years to be quite an advantage for the Sycamore War Eagles.

Waverly Central will beat Harpeth. The first meeting between the two teams earlier in the year was a game that saw Harpeth win on a last second shot by Trey Curruthers. The second meeting saw Waverly win quite easily. I think that the Tigers are playing loose and relaxed right now. That win over a Fairview team that had previously owned them through the season was a huge confidence booster. Harpeth can either shock me by coming out blazing and win the game or they can do what I am expecting from them which is to suffer from an emotional hangover following their 4th straight defeat at the hands of arh rival Sycamore.

The Regional Tournament Bracket will look as follows:

1.) Bolivar

4.) Harpeth

2.) Creek Wood

3.) McNairy Central

2.) Jackson South Side

3.) Waverly Central

1.) Sycamore

4.) Lexington

HIGHER SEEDS will host the opening round matchups and the semifinals and championship games will be played at Waverly Central High School.