District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

Well done District 11 AA, I'm glad everyone made it except Waverly. Tonight we played Bolivar and it was a one-point game at half time, We held them to one point in the second quarter. They came out to start off the third and hit a three and got the crowd in it. We started trading baskets and then they got it out to about a 5-point lead and didn't look back. Very close game all the way through but we just couldn't pull it out. Hats off to whoever #3 is on their team, he hit 6 threes i believe with almost all of them 25 feet or more out from the basket. We would've won without his effort. I fully expect Creekwood to win against Bolivar as long as they play well. Good luck to both Sycamore and Harpeth I'm excited to watch that game.

I would like to thank all of the fans from Waverly who came out and supported me throughout my career, it was a great four years of basketball for me. Also, i would like to wish everyone good luck in the coming games, and I fully enjoyed playing everyone in our district, I will truly miss basketball next year.

Sincerely, Ben Leonard (#20) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey 20 you are a CLASS person and a great athlete. Congrats on a great career. you represented your team, school, district and friends in a first class way. Good luck in baseball and in life.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done District 11 AA, I'm glad everyone made it except Waverly. Tonight we played Bolivar and it was a one-point game at half time, We held them to one point in the second quarter. They came out to start off the third and hit a three and got the crowd in it. We started trading baskets and then they got it out to about a 5-point lead and didn't look back. Very close game all the way through but we just couldn't pull it out. Hats off to whoever #3 is on their team, he hit 6 threes i believe with almost all of them 25 feet or more out from the basket. We would've won without his effort. I fully expect Creekwood to win against Bolivar as long as they play well. Good luck to both Sycamore and Harpeth I'm excited to watch that game.

I would like to thank all of the fans from Waverly who came out and supported me throughout my career, it was a great four years of basketball for me. Also, i would like to wish everyone good luck in the coming games, and I fully enjoyed playing everyone in our district, I will truly miss basketball next year.

Sincerely, Ben Leonard (#20) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ben,

I echo what scanooni22 said earlier. I have always thought that you and Jonathan were outstanding basketball players but when I saw the display of sportsmanship on your behalf over at Cheatham Co. earlier this year I must say that you unanimously became one of my all-time favorite players in this district. You are a great young man and it was a pleasure to watch you play basketball these last four years. Good luck to you in the future!!!!!

back to basketball, can Harpeth beat Sycamore? So far they are 0-3

Can they? Yes. Have they? No. Would like to see Harpeth keep it close the first half, then make a run in the 2nd. The floor at Waverly is a box and seems like a smaller floor, so it will be conducive to a running game for both teams. If the Harpeth shooters bring their string instruments to the game, it ought to be interesting. Won't make any predictions here....but it will be another exciting, close game.

Maiking the trip to Waverly tonight from SC to watch some good basketball. I look for CW to take it to Bolivar and represent 11AA. Harpeth and Sycamore should be a good one. I see Harpeth getting this one with Coach Wilson taking it right to them. Trey won't let this be his last game and against Sycamore of all teams. The same could be said for Dempsey but I thinik it will come down to how Harpeth's shooters do and the post defense of Harpeth/ I look for Dansby to step it up tonight and have a big game. But then again what do I know. Just make sure you don't let some SC fans make some all us look bad.

If Harpeth is going to win they've got to play loose. Against Southside with less than a capacity crowd on hand, they left their free throws short and made some horrible decisions with the ball. They won't be able to play not to lose and get away with it against Sycamore. Time to man up boys and play loose.

In my opinion the best 2 games that Harpeth played this season were in a 1 point loss to Bolton at Christmas time and the very next game against Creekwood. They can beat anybody in the region if they play that way. Play like they did in Sycamore III or at Stewart County and they're very average.

Harpeth beats Sycamore tonight 47-41. It's on the 6AA region thread, but I'm gonna keep it here too. Harpeth took a 17-9 lead into halftime, immediately lost it and then regrouped to put the Wareagles away. Travis Dempsey single handedly kept Sycamore in the game with 23 including 3 bombs with a hand in his face. I was a real warrior. Caruthers had 12 and iced it from the free throw line. I think all Harpeth fans agree if you're destined to go 1-3 against Sycamore, this is the 1 that you'd rather win.

Creekwood stayed with Bolivar for a half. It was 21-19. Bolivar really applied the pressure and I thought Creekwood went away from their inside game way too early in the second half. Hyndman was a drop step away from getting to the rim all night but they wouldn't throw it over the top much. Bolivar is quick and athletic but far from the best Green Tiger team in recent memory.

Still, they're a load athletically. They get up and down the floor which is the style Harpeth likes to play too. I don't know if the Indians will run with them or try to set a slower tempo. Either way, the Indians are going to sub state which is as far as they've ever made it. Who'd a thunk it with this year's version.

Man...after Bolivar beat Creek Wood this thread went into silent mode.

Well done Boliver,but really with your experience this should have happened.

Creek Wood should keep their heads up,they will be back. I believe CW will

return all starters next season. These Soph. and Juniors did a pretty good job

against Boliver. If you watched the game CW kept it very competitive most of

the game.As a matter of fact if CW had kept feeding their post this game could

have went to the wire. Bolivar didnt have anybody that could stop Hyndman.

He looked like the best player on the floor.Bolivar has a lot of talent but

dont act like you are the only team that has talent. We play at least

descent basketball here in dist.11aa.Im sure the young guys from CW

would love to play you all next year when they are jun. and seniors.

Well done Boliver,but really with your experience this should have happened.

Creek Wood should keep their heads up,they will be back. I believe CW will

return all starters next season. These Soph. and Juniors did a pretty good job

against Boliver. If you watched the game CW kept it very competitive most of

the game.As a matter of fact if CW had kept feeding their post this game could

have went to the wire. Bolivar didnt have anybody that could stop Hyndman.

He looked like the best player on the floor.Bolivar has a lot of talent but

dont act like you are the only team that has talent. We play at least

descent basketball here in dist.11aa.Im sure the young guys from CW

would love to play you all next year when they are jun. and seniors.

Get the chip off your shoulder, I was just making an observation. I was not slamming anyone or any region. And by the way, I thought #50 was the best player on the floor for Creek Wood that night. He's the reason CW kept it as close as they did. He was hitting 3s from all over the floor with Bolivar players all over him.

Get the chip off your shoulder, I was just making an observation. I was not slamming anyone or any region. And by the way, I thought #50 was the best player on the floor for Creek Wood that night. He's the reason CW kept it as close as they did. He was hitting 3s from all over the floor with Bolivar players all over him.

Game didnt get out of hand til CW started jacking threes from Everywhere

and stopped going inside.Hyndman dominated first half and score was 21-19

at intermission.A lot of #50 points came late after game was over.

Game didnt get out of hand til CW started jacking threes from Everywhere

and stopped going inside.Hyndman dominated first half and score was 21-19

at intermission.A lot of #50 points came late after game was over.

Does not matter now, game over. Creek Wood had a great season and will probably be back in the playoff mix next year. Best of luck to Bolivar Monday.