elite 8 in 1A

MrTSSAA

I actually think Hampton will be the 1 seed in region 1 and I think they can compete with anyone in region 2. They are well coached and getting better every week. I doubt any of the region 2 teams will licking their chops for a trip to Hampton. I think the game with Happy Valley will open some eyes.

This is also a year where region 2 could sweep in the first round. 4 quality teams .

I agree with all that, I left it generic by saying region one's #1 seed because I dont think it matters which one it is, I'm afraid that this year it will be either the sweep or we're one and done. Can Hampton compete with them.. sure, but not sure they can actually knock them off this year like in the past..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all that, I left it generic by saying region one's #1 seed because I dont think it matters which one it is, I'm afraid that this year it will be either the sweep or we're one and done. Can Hampton compete with them.. sure, but not sure they can actually knock them off this year like in the past..

Any win for region 1 would be a good one this year.With the exception of Cloudland and Hampton, we've never been able to compete very well with region 2. They usually have 4 pretty good teams. The most we have ever had in one tear is 2 and thats rare.

Region 1's only hope this season is The Grace Christian Academy to make a deep run in the playoffs. We will make a strong run if we are healthy and are full strength. We are ranked #10 in East Tennessee in the News Sentinel. We will get back on track with a 56-0 win over Taft tonight.

wrong, like i said the only win region one will have is gonna be from our first seed.. and that aint you

Region 1's only hope this season is The Grace Christian Academy to make a deep run in the playoffs. We will make a strong run if we are healthy and are full strength. We are ranked #10 in East Tennessee in the News Sentinel. We will get back on track with a 56-0 win over Taft tonight.

You are ranked high in the News Sentinel because, guess what, your FROM knoxville. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> it sells papers better to have the local teams be "good"

Whether we are #1 or #2 we will make a deep run. Region 2 hasn't shown me much. Just a bunch of hot air.

How could the air get any hotter than what you are spewing

You haven't shown anyone anything except you have an excuse for losing

You played one good team and were beaten handily

Your a joke you will end with an 8-2 record, finish third in your region get waxed in the playoffs and you

will be done

East guys... it's really how you view the success of your season... if you are pleased with making to the first round... great ...if you are pleased with making a good showing against a good team in the first couple of rounds...even better The reality of it all is this... South Pittsburg and Trousdale County are the only teams in the state that have a chance at winning it all... it's the same way out west... if you are pleased with getting to a game well great... great for you... you meet your accomplishment... But either TC or SP will win this year... that's just how it will... be two stories programs, with athletes, coaching, and expecting to come home with a gold ball at the end of the year, every year... truth be told... there are probably only a handful of teams in 1A that can hang with these guys for 2-3 quarters let alone a whole game... Sorry to set on anybody's feet, and this is all speculation, but it will become fact in about 8 weeks...

The East Tennessee teams rank right now as follows by Massey

Upper Bracket

1. Oneida (region II)

2. Greenback (region II)

3. Harriman (region II)

4. Midway (region II)

5. Cosby (region I)

6. Hampton (region I)

7. Grace (region I)

8. Cloudland (region I)

Lower Bracket

1. South Pitt (region III)

2. Trousdale (region IV)

3. Friendship (region IV)

4. Watertown (region IV)

5. Grace Bap (region III)

6. Gordonsville (region IV)

7. Clay County (Region IV)

8. Silverdale (Region III)

9. Lookout Valley (Region III)

Based on this it is likely that Region II will sweep Region I

The Quarterfinalists will likely be Oneida, Greenback, South Pitt, and Trousdale.

Grace Christian should have no argument that they should be in the top two in the upper bracket. They lost to Hampton, who lost to West Greene, who got destroyed by Greenback. Just because you beat teams with losing records by 50 points does not mean you are a great team. Who has grace beat for them to deserve to be ranked 10th in knoxville? Who have they beat that would put them ahead of Greenback, Harriman, or Midway? Do your talking on the field tonight as you play another team who hasn't beat anybody.