Region 4AA, Districts 7AA & 8AA

N2DEEP

Who will be the favorites in these districts this season? Will 8AA be between White House and Station Camp again? What about 7AA? Livingston Academy and Upperman again? Someone tell us about the other teams as well. I wonder if Greenbrier, Portland, Goodpasture, or DCA will be able to challenge for their top spot. At the same time, will York, Smith County, Cannon County, Dekalb, or Macon County be able to push for their distric title?

There are some good.....great players in this region. John Jenkins, Chase Dunn are definitely the top players. Both are D1 commitments. LA ended SC's run last year in a classic where Dunn had 50 and everyone knows Jenkins will probably lead the state in scoring...again.

LA had a great run to the state tourney last year and returns a what I believe is a loaded team. A couple of teams probably can, but do you think anyone in 7AA will dethrone them? They've won the last 4 district titles. I believe LA will be a force for anyone to handle night in and night out. Until something changes or someone changes my opinion, LA is my pick to win the region again and has a good shot at a state title.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the favorites in these districts this season? Will 8AA be between White House and Station Camp again? What about 7AA? Livingston Academy and Upperman again? Someone tell us about the other teams as well. I wonder if Greenbrier, Portland, Goodpasture, or DCA will be able to challenge for their top spot. At the same time, will York, Smith County, Cannon County, Dekalb, or Macon County be able to push for their distric title?

There are some good.....great players in this region. John Jenkins, Chase Dunn are definitely the top players. Both are D1 commitments. LA ended SC's run last year in a classic where Dunn had 50 and everyone knows Jenkins will probably lead the state in scoring...again.

LA had a great run to the state tourney last year and returns a what I believe is a loaded team. A couple of teams probably can, but do you think anyone in 7AA will dethrone them? They've won the last 4 district titles. I believe LA will be a force for anyone to handle night in and night out. Until something changes or someone changes my opinion, LA is my pick to win the region again and has a good shot at a state title.

ON PAPER LA DEFINETLY ARE THE FAVORITES AND SHOULD BE. I THINK UPPERMAN HAS 2 REALLY GOOD PLAYERS RETURNING SO THEY SHOULD BE STRONG.

IN MY OPINION WHITE HOUSE SHOULD BE STRONG AGAIN EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST 6 SENIORS. THEY HAVE SEVERAL PLAYERS RETURNING FROM LAST YEAR WHO GOT QUALITY PLAYING TIME. OF COURSE STATION CAMP WILL BE TOUGH WITH JENKINS BUT THEY ALSO GRADUATED ALOT .

THOSE ARE THE 4 TEAMS WHO STAND OUT IN MY MIND. YOU NEVER KNOW ABOUT GOODPASTURE THOUGH BECAUSE THEY COULD GET SOME TRANSFERS IN.

7AA

1. Livingston (loaded)

2. Upperman (ability to score)

3. Macon (good size)

4. Cannon (young coach, young talent)

5. Dekalb (Coach M does a good job)

5. York (could surprise)

6. Smith (new coach)

8AA

1. White House

2. Station Camp

3. Goodpasture

4. DCA

5. Portland

6. Greenbrier

Saw alot of these teams play while officiating over the summer, but not all, so that's my guess-What do you think?

CANNON COUNTY IS GOING ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT. NOOOOOOOOO LOSSES THIS YEAR. THIS IS REAL TALK!!!!!! YOU WILL ALL SEE THAT CANNON IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE, NO LIE

CANNON COUNTY IS GOING ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT. NOOOOOOOOO LOSSES THIS YEAR. THIS IS REAL TALK!!!!!! YOU WILL ALL SEE THAT CANNON IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE, NO LIE

Have you lost your mind? No way they beat LA or Upperman this year. Cannon is my pick along with York to finish 3rd or 4th. No way they come close to LA or Upperman though. Not sure how many seniors they have but LA and Upperman lose alot next year and it will be anyone's district then but for this year LA and Upperman are COD LOCKS to finish 1/2. Write it down!!!!

Have you lost your mind? No way they beat LA or Upperman this year. Cannon is my pick along with York to finish 3rd or 4th. No way they come close to LA or Upperman though. Not sure how many seniors they have but LA and Upperman lose alot next year and it will be anyone's district then but for this year LA and Upperman are COD LOCKS to finish 1/2. Write it down!!!!

i agree. But don't count on LA being too weak after this year. This year is most important right now, but since you mentioned it......Coach Melton went 8-10 deep last year and will probly go deeper this year. LA has a couple of freshmen in that are 6'7 and 6'5. And has some good talent in 7th and 8th grades this year. So while we will miss this years seniors I wouldn't count on LA to be weak by any means after this season. Just wait. You'll see what I mean when you see how deep this team really is. 10-12 deep? Are you kidding me????

Go LA! Make this your year.

i agree. But don't count on LA being too weak after this year. This year is most important right now, but since you mentioned it......Coach Melton went 8-10 deep last year and will probly go deeper this year. LA has a couple of freshmen in that are 6'7 and 6'5. And has some good talent in 7th and 8th grades this year. So while we will miss this years seniors I wouldn't count on LA to be weak by any means after this season. Just wait. You'll see what I mean when you see how deep this team really is. 10-12 deep? Are you kidding me????

Go LA! Make this your year.

I wasn't trying to imply they would be bad but they won't have anyone like a Chase Dunn on there either. I know most all of the players on there and they've got some good young talent no doubt. This year hasn't even started yet so lets keep on this year and we'll talk about next year, next year. My bad to even start it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I wasn't trying to imply they would be bad but they won't have anyone like a Chase Dunn on there either. I know most all of the players on there and they've got some good young talent no doubt. This year hasn't even started yet so lets keep on this year and we'll talk about next year, next year. My bad to even start it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Cool. There's a lot of ball to be played this year and a lot can happen. Hope the best for everyone. Go LA.