Pay for Parking?

Breakem23

I think TSSAA rules is that you cannot force someone to pay to park bec it is a public event... question is where is the money going because TSSAA does get a share of the gate money for all athletic events... so again.. who is getting the money for parking... think about it.... this is a public event whether it is football, basketball, baseball or volleyball.... you cant charge someone for just parking and then have to pay a 5 dollar fee to get into the game... that is a major violation and a ripoff..... someone needs to contact TSSAA about this and get a clear understanding of the policies.... I went to a game at Columbia Central and was told I had to pay 2 bucks to park and I responded with is it mandatory or voluntarily and the guy said " you do not have to pay if you do not want to" but all the while there were signs that said "2.00 to park".... again... RIPOFF....

It's a dollar to park at Columbia Central. Not sure if this matters but they play at an off campus facility. I'd like to know the answer as well because most on campus sites don't charge but Spring Hill did charge $2 when they played Columbia earlier this season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a dollar to park at Columbia Central. Not sure if this matters but they play at an off campus facility. I'd like to know the answer as well because most on campus sites don't charge but Spring Hill did charge $2 when they played Columbia earlier this season.

Glad to see Columbia lowered their rates because we paid $2 last year when we came up there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe the visitors pay $2 and the home team pays $1? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I went to see SH and Lipscomb at SH this year and they weren't charging for parking.

Maybe they only charge Columbia because Columbia charges every games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This is the first year for Carter to have paid parking in what is called "The Cage" but there is also public parking. Carter's Band is doing it for a fundraiser because they will be traveling to London, England in January to march in the New Years Parade. I don't mind paying but atleast give the money to a sport or organization not the school.

Not sure how the TSSAA could have a rule against paying for parking when you have to pay to park at any of their tournament events.

Unless you have a press pass. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Many times I give extra money to those collecting for parking depending on what it's for. If it's a program that I know struggles with funding I'll give more than they ask for. Especially at Grundy home games.

DL.

This is a rip-off!!

Macon County has charged for parking for years. $3....not an option. They ask for the money.

This is a public school. Bottom line is, it costs you $8 for a $5 game.

...they charge for parking in certain lots...i've gone to alot of games there and have NEVER paid to park...Central elementary is one block away and the parking there is freeeeeee......have to walk about 300 yards but it's worth it and I need the exercise anyway...lol

Sooo back to the original question....Is it against TSSAA policy to charge for parking to a regular season event?

There is no rule - a fews ago I wanted to go to a regional basketball game - somehow I found out they were charging to park - called TSSAA - they said each school could do what they wanted to do in regards to parking - public school in Williamson County as where the regional game was - I did not go.

The money is usually going to fund some sort of club or sport within the school. After all most public schools have to support their own sports so without charging to park at some places your kids may be having to play in old unsafe equipment cause they dont get any government funding for athletics. I guess I'm trying to say if you cant afford an extra 3$ thats going to help kids in the community you probably should stay home and count your pennies anyway.

Glad to see Columbia lowered their rates because we paid $2 last year when we came up there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe the visitors pay $2 and the home team pays $1? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I went to see SH and Lipscomb at SH this year and they weren't charging for parking.

Maybe they only charge Columbia because Columbia charges every games. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I doubt Columbia Central gets much, if any, of the money collected for parking.