Milan vs. Trenton Peabody

baddawg

Milan rolls into week 8 with 7 - 0. Big region matchup which is also an in-county rival. Milan looks for revenge from last season as Trenton defeated Milan in the quarter final game of the playoffs. Trenton is down a little this year, but, this is a big rivalry game. This will be a Thursday night game with a 7:30 p.m. kick-off. Milan should roll in this one. Look for alot of rushing from the DAWGS!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note - this game will be at 7 p.m., not 7:30, this Thursday night in Milan.

Thanks for the correction on the game time. I have seen funnier things happen when these two rivals play. During my son's senior year of 2003, Milan went up big on Trenton at Trenton. In the 4th quarter Coach Morris had to put the first string back into the ballgame to stop the momentum that Trenton had gained. Here's hoping that the Dawgs will put them away early and give the 1st team some much needed rest after the last two weeks. GO DAWGS!

Guest nwtnsports

2004: Peabody (1-4) comes to Milan (4-1) on homecoming and beats the Bulldogs, 21-14. Peabody finishes the season 2-8; Milan goes 9-5 and loses in the state semifinals. That might not happen this week, but here's a reminder to take this game (somewhat) seriously.

That said, Peabody's QB is 7 of 35 for 108 yards, 0 TD and 5 INT this season.

Milan won't have to worry about the pass.

Son of a coach, 40 yard sack taker, never throws the ball away, etc., etc.

No matter, put 10 in the box, we are running up the middle all night. Just like we did in '04.

Always critical when the record is not up to par. This kid is having a great year on defense and does have a lot of pressure on him to run the offense. After all he is following in the foot steps of possibly the best athlete to ever play at Peabody. All of these kids play their hearts out every Friday night. They have had to live through a lot of adversity this year but have played together pretty well. This team needs encouragement from the fans and the community as well as every other program at the high school, middle school, or elementary school level. These are kids for crying out loud. Kids as well as adults will make mistakes but when you trash a kid on here or out in your town think about how it would make you feel if that was someone saying these things about your own. Good luck to both teams Friday night and may it be a classic like five of the last six games coming down to the last play.

Peabody 21-14 (2004 regular season)

Milan 35-7 (2005 regular season)

Milan 15-8 (2006 regular season)

Milan 15-14 (2006 second round)

Milan 13-6 (2007 regular season)

Peabody 40-35 (2007 quarterfinals)

You know there really is no reason to bash on Trenton. Those kids have had a terrible year and a year that I wish on NO teenager losing one of their seniors, Matt M. That being said...these kids have not made excuses or even given up. They are out there every Friday night playing their hearts out, and I respect that greatly! You know I'm sure we've all lost parents, or friends...but honestly if you've never lost a friend when you're 16, 17, 18 years old you really have NO clue what these kids are going through. We all know that death is a part of life, but it's not supposed to be a part of that life until we're like 80. So having to deal with it when you're not even 20 yet, that's tough. So people should instead of talking about how terrible they are, talk about how strong this Trenton team is to pick up, and carry on without one of their leaders.

They've gained my respect!

You know there really is no reason to bash on Trenton. Those kids have had a terrible year and a year that I wish on NO teenager losing one of their seniors, Matt M. That being said...these kids have not made excuses or even given up. They are out there every Friday night playing their hearts out, and I respect that greatly! You know I'm sure we've all lost parents, or friends...but honestly if you've never lost a friend when you're 16, 17, 18 years old you really have NO clue what these kids are going through. We all know that death is a part of life, but it's not supposed to be a part of that life until we're like 80. So having to deal with it when you're not even 20 yet, that's tough. So people should instead of talking about how terrible they are, talk about how strong this Trenton team is to pick up, and carry on without one of their leaders.

They've gained my respect!

Honey, this is a board where we are discussing football teams and how they perform. No one here is "bashing" or "talking about how terrible they are." In fact, you have stumbled on a conversation between two very big Trenton fans who are talking about their team. We are simply saying that the team doesn't have anyone to put in the game who has the ability to win against most of the opponents we have this season.

Nothing we have said detracts from the loss of Matt Morris. I am not sure why you brought it up in your post. Yes, it was horrible for the team and the community.

We have never said the players are not "playing their hearts out." In fact, Freeacen is very much on the side of the kids, and he has been primarily critical of the coaches. My post was very plainly pointing to the fact that the coaches are doing the best with what they can because there isn't anyone else to put in.

I suggest you get your feelings off of your sleeve and either discuss what is meant to be discussed on the board or get off of it.

Also, you are obviously a teenager, so please do not preach about life's difficulties to me.

Honey, this is a board where we are discussing football teams and how they perform. No one here is "bashing" or "talking about how terrible they are." In fact, you have stumbled on a conversation between two very big Trenton fans who are talking about their team. We are simply saying that the team doesn't have anyone to put in the game who has the ability to win against most of the opponents we have this season.

Nothing we have said detracts from the loss of Matt Morris. I am not sure why you brought it up in your post. Yes, it was horrible for the team and the community.

We have never said the players are not "playing their hearts out." In fact, Freeacen is very much on the side of the kids, and he has been primarily critical of the coaches. My post was very plainly pointing to the fact that the coaches are doing the best with what they can because there isn't anyone else to put in.

I suggest you get your feelings off of your sleeve and either discuss what is meant to be discussed on the board or get off of it.

Also, you are obviously a teenager, so please do not preach about life's difficulties to me.

Actually if you want to take the time to read THIS thread....not much talk about the actual game going on in here. I believe there was one post about Milan wiping Trenton off the face of the earth.....another about the QB playing b/c he's a coaches son....so no I was stating MY opinion in what I took from this thread. and no...I'm not a teenager but I know what it's like to be in their situation.

So if you can't leave people's opinions alone I suggest you go sit in a corner. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />