LC vs Halls

lcfootball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls will beat L.C., but will loose to SD. Season record will be 3-7, worst in many, many, many years. There need to be some changes made. I know somebody will get on here and say since I am so smart that I need to go to Coach J and tell him what to do. Well I would bet he raeds this board, now he may not post on here, but I bet he reads it. so here goes:

1) Get rid of the receivers coach or move him to coach another position..if we aint throwing the ball but a handful of times why do we need him? If we keep him and I aint got nothing against him, then open up the offense and throw the dang ball. Leran how to block for the QB so he has time to throw it to our players.

2) Get rid of OC and call the offense yourself.

3) Continue working with Defense but have someone else call the shots on D.

4) Run many different formations and plays and drop the gol dern LDLDL. Nothing wrong with wing-t, but also add some types of missdirection plays and belly plays. Go visit other HS that we dont play and see what they do. D-B might be a great choice, Hillsboro runs the wing-t so go visit them. They have gave Maryville fits in the state champ game for 3-4 years.

5) We already have a good strong program and we had a sprint camp. Continue doing that. Make the players work out everyday. If we are going to get back to where we were in football, we need to quit having so many football player play wrestling and basketball and baseball. Get em in the weight room and keep em there. Get em up at 6 in the morning to work out if you do let them play other sports. What ever they put in it is what they will get out of it, and right now it dont look like we are putting much into it cause we dang sure aint getting much out of it.

Halls will beat L.C., but will loose to SD. Season record will be 3-7, worst in many, many, many years. There need to be some changes made. I know somebody will get on here and say since I am so smart that I need to go to Coach J and tell him what to do. Well I would bet he raeds this board, now he may not post on here, but I bet he reads it. so here goes:

1) Get rid of the receivers coach or move him to coach another position..if we aint throwing the ball but a handful of times why do we need him? If we keep him and I aint got nothing against him, then open up the offense and throw the dang ball. Leran how to block for the QB so he has time to throw it to our players.

4) Run many different formations and plays and drop the gol dern LDLDL. Nothing wrong with wing-t, but also add some types of missdirection plays and belly plays. Go visit other HS that we dont play and see what they do. D-B might be a great choice, Hillsboro runs the wing-t so go visit them. They have gave Maryville fits in the state champ game for 3-4 years.

5) We already have a good strong program and we had a sprint camp. Continue doing that. Make the players work out everyday. If we are going to get back to where we were in football, we need to quit having so many football player play wrestling and basketball and baseball. Get em in the weight room and keep em there. Get em up at 6 in the morning to work out if you do let them play other sports. What ever they put in it is what they will get out of it, and right now it dont look like we are putting much into it cause we dang sure aint getting much out of it.

LC played much better this week vs. Clinton. I would not count them out vs. Halls. If LC can stop Halls running game, they could keep it close and pull out a win. Good balanced offense by LC might be the difference.

It's sad to know we are mathematically out of playoff contention. So pride is all thats left but I think we will win out in a big way. I Think LC has improved but I saw Halls play another good game but to fall short again on the scoreboard against Powell. Maybe closer than in years past but chalk up a big W this week. 28-14

It's unreal the comparison of our year and the Vols. Both offenses have struggled but the defenses have played well.

Alright let's break this down....again.

1) Coach Sexton is the WR coach. Recievers do more than run routes, they block also, someone needs to teach them how.

2) Why would Coach J call the offense when he is calling the defense. I don't think there is anyone on staff that could call the defense better. Have you ever thought that Coach J would not be a good OC. Just because you can call a defense, does not mean you can call an offense. Calling the either one is a differnt animal amongst itself.

3.) Why not just try a new OC? Maybe Coach Kirby, he is a smart guy, maybe he could do it.

4.) That is the you best suggestion thus far.

5) They are kids, let them be kids. These boys have other desires than just football. For some of these guys, other sports is one of their only ways to go to college. If I was athletic enough to play more than just football, I would have. I would have played every sport that I possibly could have. This is high school for goodness gratious. Also, if players play other sports, they already have to work out in the morning.

Alright let's break this down....again.

1) Coach Sexton is the WR coach. Recievers do more than run routes, they block also, someone needs to teach them how.

2) Why would Coach J call the offense when he is calling the defense. I don't think there is anyone on staff that could call the defense better. Have you ever thought that Coach J would not be a good OC. Just because you can call a defense, does not mean you can call an offense. Calling the either one is a differnt animal amongst itself.

3.) Why not just try a new OC? Maybe Coach Kirby, he is a smart guy, maybe he could do it.

4.) That is the you best suggestion thus far.

5) They are kids, let them be kids. These boys have other desires than just football. For some of these guys, other sports is one of their only ways to go to college. If I was athletic enough to play more than just football, I would have. I would have played every sport that I possibly could have. This is high school for goodness gratious. Also, if players play other sports, they already have to work out in the morning.

Kirby, as I understand it, has always been a defensive guy. I believe he called the defense at Karns and West in the past. Kirby also has been a head coach before if memory serves me correctly. So, not to sound like a smart A...but using your own logic concerning Coach J, the same probably should be said about Kirby. Any way you cut it Coach J is the head man and will figure out where things need to move from here, whether that means some shuffling of coaches or taking on a different approach to off-season preparation or in season preparation or whatever it may be.

On a little bit of a different note, I noticed on the Halls/Powell thread about #3 not getting enough touches. I just have one question. Is it not the job of the OC to get the ball to the kids he wants to get the ball to and communicate that to other coaches to make sure those kids are in the game when he wants them in the game. I noticed #3 go in the game in the first half against Powell at times but he just didn't get the ball. So unless I'm mistaken about who's calling the plays, how exactly is it the rb coach's fault? Also, I've seen the argument about fresh legs and I just don't buy it. 23 and 6 have only played on the Offensive side of the ball to my knowledge. #3 has played extensively on the defensive side of the ball, I believe starting at corner. This past Friday I didn't see #3 on the defensive side of the ball the entire night like I have over previous weeks so I could see him playing more on offense if that's the case. But in all honesty, I just can't buy into the fresh legs theory when it seems our defense is on the field forever which I think in large part is because of the no huddle systems we've faced. But, like I said about this past Friday, if he's not playing as much defense then I would agree with the fresh legs ideas that have been discussed. The kid obviously can take it the distance when the blocking up front is good enough and the defense doesn't take proper angles.

Kirby, as I understand it, has always been a defensive guy. I believe he called the defense at Karns and West in the past. Kirby also has been a head coach before if memory serves me correctly. So, not to sound like a smart A...but using your own logic concerning Coach J, the same probably should be said about Kirby. Any way you cut it Coach J is the head man and will figure out where things need to move from here, whether that means some shuffling of coaches or taking on a different approach to off-season preparation or in season preparation or whatever it may be.

That's what I was trying to prove, you probably wouldn't want Coach Kirby to call the offence because he is a defensive guy.....just like Coach J.

I see that you got where I was going, but lets hope some other person gets that idea.

4merhhsplayer,

Are you saying the WR coach dont know how to teach blocking? If he cant teach em to block then why keep him on staff?

Why cant Coach J call the offense? If you are the head coach shouldnt you be able to call either offense or defense? Some coaches are better cordinators than they are head coaches to. Does that apply to Coach J? I'm not saying it does but surely he is capable of calling the offense and or the defense if the case be. Who would call the defense if Coach J got sick and was in the hospital on Friday night? He should have someone to replace him in that case. Who would call the offense if the OC got sick and couldnt be at the game? I would hope Coach J, unless he got Caoch Ward to do it. If that is who he would get, get him to come back now fulltime and do it.

I'm over it until we make some changes in the direction our program is going.

4merhhsplayer,

Are you saying the WR coach dont know how to teach blocking? If he cant teach em to block then why keep him on staff?

Why cant Coach J call the offense? If you are the head coach shouldnt you be able to call either offense or defense? Some coaches are better cordinators than they are head coaches to. Does that apply to Coach J? I'm not saying it does but surely he is capable of calling the offense and or the defense if the case be. Who would call the defense if Coach J got sick and was in the hospital on Friday night? He should have someone to replace him in that case. Who would call the offense if the OC got sick and couldnt be at the game? I would hope Coach J, unless he got Caoch Ward to do it. If that is who he would get, get him to come back now fulltime and do it.

I'm over it until we make some changes in the direction our program is going.

Either Coach Kirby would call the defense or Coach Qualls would.

Let's put it this way, Coach J has been the DC pretty much since he got here. Just like Coach J, Coach John Chavis has always been a DC. Would you want Chavis calling the offense for the Vols ( and don't give me this fire Fulmer or Clawson crap, I am tired of hearing all that).

I am not saying Coach Sexton can't coach them, I am saying they need a WR coach TO teach them, not that he can't, he can teach them and he does.

I'm predicting a close one, it could go either way, from these post sounds like Halls runs alot and LC's run D has been pretty good at times and at others times, well, anyway no need to hold back on either team resting players for the playoffs, good luck.

I think your right. Playing at LC will be good for our troops to get away from all the doom & gloom at Halls. I have to keep pinching myself Halls 2-6 with one district game won and how ironic it was Central who we couldn't beat for the last ten years. Nothing left to play for but pride. If we have lived a nightmare it's been this year. Four of our losses have been within just seven points. Injuries,sicknesses and old coaches being put in new positions has been a disaster. I look for the offensive side of the ball to be given great scrunity in the off season if we don't it will be even worse next year with the new programs entering into our district. I am sure this website won't be cheerleading in the preseason next year like this year.

So let me get this straight... You've got zero coaching experience, you quit high school football after a couple of years, you've bashed everyone involved in the program from the head coach through the guy who does the stats, and you think Coach Julian SHOULD be taking your advice because you've got all the answers? I'm beginning to think that you're actually a powell or central fan in disguise.