BUMBALOUGH

coulibaly

Posted by BPolley:

i know goodyproctor was joking but david varn does have a good bit of talent, but like caeagle said, the xc team is probably better off without him.

madman, do you go to mccallie? are you talking about taylor smith? honestly, if i had to put money on it, having raced both guys, i would bet on chiulli over dusty. they are both footlocker national caliber guys and on a whole different level than anyone else in the state. i think bumbi is just below them on a level by himself. i think he showed that this weekend at utc. he is obviously not where chiulli and dusty are, but i think he is definitely in a class by himself with the exception of those guys. then i think there are the rest in the state...taylor smith (mccallie), nathan mulherin (mba), etc. classic should be a great meet this weekend as everyone i have just mentioned will be there, including the much anticipated dusty-chiulli showdown. should answer all questions at this point in the season, but alot will change by november. i will be back home in town to watch it. hope to see yall there. good luck to everyone.

Who is Chiulli I have never heard of him what kind of times does he have.

[Edited by TrackandCross on 9-15-02 11:39A]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Chiulli and Dusty Miller are the two best XC runners in the state. Anthony ran a 15:35 in Shelby Country early this month. I personally saw Dusty Miller run a 14:41 at Cherokee. I would love to see these guys face off (hopefully at the TN Classic). Bumbalough will be good, but he isn't on the level of these other two guys just yet.

Guest kenwoodrun
Posted by OSkevin:

I would love to see these guys face off (hopefully at the TN Classic).

I think I saw on Dyestat that Chuili is bypassing the TN Classic this year, but Miller will still be there...that's a bit of a bummer.

And how about those ungodly splits from Bumbalough? 5:40, then straight down to 5:05 and 5 flat? I wonder what the field was thinking as he passed them...