BUMBALOUGH

coulibaly

Andrew Bumbalough of Brentwood Academy will own everybody in this upcoming cross country season and win state. He ran a 9:39 3200 last year in track as a freshman and I believe he finished 2nd in state. He's the best sophomore cross country runner in the state and possibly the south(wishful thinking but you never know). Aaron Broach and Rob Queener and two more BA sophomore runners to watch out for. They're both capable of running 7-minute miles and they're even practicing this summer. With the help of All-American coach Marshall Smith BA should look to win state with a team of:

Bumbalough, Queener, Broach, Kendrick Newton, and Craig "Sideburns" Mockmore. :x

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenwoodrun
Posted by coulibaly:

Aaron Broach and Rob Queener and two more BA sophomore runners to watch out for. They're both capable of running 7-minute miles and they're even practicing this summer. :x

7-minute miles!?? I'm capable of running 7 minute miles, too...in fact, I've run 26 7:00 miles in a row before in a marathon :D

Just messing with you, I would imagine they are both sub 5:00 guys. I so don't look forward to having BA run all over us at Tompkins Farm. Should be a great team battle at DII state between BA and McCallie.

Broach and Queener probably couldn't break 6 for 1 mile on the track. They have pr's well over 20 min. on Steeplechase. Bumbalough very well may be the best sophmore in the South. It will be interesting to see where he stacks up at Footlocker this year and next year in track. My guess is he will end up one of the top 10-15 sophmore two milers in the nation, and he will keep getting better. I just hope he'll remember Samford when he's picking a college in 3 years. He'll be able to go anywhere he wants. I wouldn't be surprised to see him qualify for Footlocker Nats twice.

Who are you coulibaly?

[Edited by BPolley on 8-14-02 5:44P]

Well, BA just finished its XC Camp in Fall Creek Falls, and it's going to be quite a showdown at state. I know McCallie returns their whole team and is the favorite deservedly so, and BA also loses 4 of the top 7, but they are incredibly talented although young. Good bit of depth too. Bumbi will give Chiulli a run for his money, I think. I would love to tell what they all did at camp, but let's just say they've done their summer work.

[Edited by BPolley on 8-14-02 5:44P]

Are you sure there were seven runners under 50? I would definitely think Bumbalough would be, but other than him I would only think Will Garman,Paul Day, and maybe Ross Robinson would be capable of running sub-50. Are there really seven runners faster than Craig "Sideburns" Mockmore? Who are they? Sidenote: Watch for Taylor Hart next spring in the 100. As a sophomore last year he ran 10.95 and won the middle region. :o

Posted by coulibaly:

Are you sure there were seven runners under 50? I would definitely think Bumbalough would be, but other than him I would only think Will Garman,Paul Day, and maybe Ross Robinson would be capable of running sub-50. Are there really seven runners faster than Craig "Sideburns" Mockmore? Who are they? Sidenote: Watch for Taylor Hart next spring in the 100. As a sophomore last year he ran 10.95 and won the middle region. :D

Running under 50 was:

Andrew Bumbalough (SO)

Clint Anderson (SR)

Will Garman (SR)

Ross Robinson (FR)

Paul Day (FR)

David Meek (SO)

And I can't remember the other one.

Posted by coulibaly:

Andrew Bumbalough of Brentwood Academy will own everybody in this upcoming cross country season and win state. He ran a 9:39 3200 last year in track as a freshman and I believe he finished 2nd in state. He's the best sophomore cross country runner in the state and possibly the south(wishful thinking but you never know). Aaron Broach and Rob Queener and two more BA sophomore runners to watch out for. They're both capable of running 7-minute miles and they're even practicing this summer. With the help of All-American coach Marshall Smith BA should look to win state with a team of:

Bumbalough, Queener, Broach, Kendrick Newton, and Craig "Sideburns" Mockmore. :rolleyes:

Don't forget Taylor who has a PR of 9:47 this past year on the 3200m and has been training to run alot better. Also has PR's of 4:27 in the 1600 and 1:58 in the 800. :rolleyes:

Posted by WesVols:
Posted by coulibaly:

Are you sure there were seven runners under 50? I would definitely think Bumbalough would be, but other than him I would only think Will Garman,Paul Day, and maybe Ross Robinson would be capable of running sub-50. Are there really seven runners faster than Craig "Sideburns" Mockmore? Who are they? Sidenote: Watch for Taylor Hart next spring in the 100. As a sophomore last year he ran 10.95 and won the middle region. :rolleyes:

Running under 50 was:

Andrew Bumbalough (SO)

Clint Anderson (SR)

Will Garman (SR)

Ross Robinson (FR)

Paul Day (FR)

David Meek (SO)

And I can't remember the other one.

The other was Kendrick Newton-- and craig mockmore would have been there had he not thrown up in the last 800 m.

• 4 weeks later...

i know goodyproctor was joking but david varn does have a good bit of talent, but like caeagle said, the xc team is probably better off without him.

madman, do you go to mccallie? are you talking about taylor smith? honestly, if i had to put money on it, having raced both guys, i would bet on chiulli over dusty. they are both footlocker national caliber guys and on a whole different level than anyone else in the state. i think bumbi is just below them on a level by himself. i think he showed that this weekend at utc. he is obviously not where chiulli and dusty are, but i think he is definitely in a class by himself with the exception of those guys. then i think there are the rest in the state...taylor smith (mccallie), nathan mulherin (mba), etc. classic should be a great meet this weekend as everyone i have just mentioned will be there, including the much anticipated dusty-chiulli showdown. should answer all questions at this point in the season, but alot will change by november. i will be back home in town to watch it. hope to see yall there. good luck to everyone.

Posted by BPolley:

i know goodyproctor was joking but david varn does have a good bit of talent, but like caeagle said, the xc team is probably better off without him.

madman, do you go to mccallie? are you talking about taylor smith? honestly, if i had to put money on it, having raced both guys, i would bet on chiulli over dusty. they are both footlocker national caliber guys and on a whole different level than anyone else in the state. i think bumbi is just below them on a level by himself. i think he showed that this weekend at utc. he is obviously not where chiulli and dusty are, but i think he is definitely in a class by himself with the exception of those guys. then i think there are the rest in the state...taylor smith (mccallie), nathan mulherin (mba), etc. classic should be a great meet this weekend as everyone i have just mentioned will be there, including the much anticipated dusty-chiulli showdown. should answer all questions at this point in the season, but alot will change by november. i will be back home in town to watch it. hope to see yall there. good luck to everyone.

I think the TAYLOR that Madman and Track and Cross are referring too is Jeff Taylor of BC! :rolleyes: