Top 10

ehstiger09

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the BCS. How can Maryville not be the one team in the final 2007 rating. They have won 7 out 8 state titles what 68 in a row.

Ask the ratings services - their numbers, not mine. I made that clear - or so I thought.

As R2010 inferred, not all records/strengths of schedule are the same. Division II-AA has statistically been the most dominant classification over the years, collectively whipping all other classifications in head-to-head matchups (2007 Head-To-Head Summary, 2006 Head-To-Head Summary). An undefeated team from DII-AA is going to have a strength of schedule that trumps any undefeated team from another classification.

If Trousdale County (1A), or any other 1A team for that matter, had a 68-game winning streak and 7 out of 8 titles, would you make the same argument for that team? If not, think of why, and then you may have your answer to your original question.

Apparently Henry County is under the radar as well? There is no way in **** they are not a top 5 team.

Once again, these are not my numbers! If you want to cry on my shoulder, here's my shoulder. But I am not manipulating anybody's record, or strength of schedule, or anything else that goes into these numbers.

Henry County should have one goal - #1 in 4A after Week 15. Anything else doesn't matter - overall state rating, national rankings, etc.

I am not going to pound the table about how accurate statistical analysis is, but it does do one thing - it takes your bias, my bias, and everyone else's bias largely out of the picture.

Once again, these are not my numbers! If you want to cry on my shoulder, here's my shoulder. But I am not manipulating anybody's record, or strength of schedule, or anything else that goes into these numbers.

Henry County should have one goal - #1 in 4A after Week 15. Anything else doesn't matter - overall state rating, national rankings, etc.

I am not going to pound the table about how accurate statistical analysis is, but it does do one thing - it takes your bias, my bias, and everyone else's bias largely out of the picture.

I was actually referring to how everyone is voting.

Well obviously it's a good thing that they don't do the mythical state champions like in the 60's. People get way to worked up about "best in the state." All that matters is what a team does in its own region and class and in the play-offs. It's impossible to compare inter-class(stop trying to argue for or against Maryville...they are really good, so who cares if no one can agree on if they could beat the top of DII-AA and 5A) and especially inter-division(oh boo they are private schools that give financial aid, like they are supposed to. I'm pretty sure shady stuff goes on in public schools as well, so grow up) Just have fun with it.

Top 10(alphabetical order)

Alcoa, BA, BGA, Ensworth, Franklin, Henry County, Maryville, MBA, MUS, Oakland

I dont know how reliable you can be when you have DB and Oakland on there and not Alcoa , looks a lil Bias to me , no matter if you like alcoa or not , they are a top ten team , even if they are #10

Don't get your panties in a wad. It was just my opinion. For what it's worth, I have nothing against Alcoa and I think Alcoa is pretty close to this group, probably somewhere in the 11-15 range. I just wouldn't like Alcoa's chances against a Dobyns-Bennett or Oakland, or most of the top six or seven Class 5A schools. You are free to disagree and as you appear to be an Alcoa fan, I have no doubt you do disagree. That's fine. Feel free to give your own rankings and put Alcoa wherever you wish. Rank 'em #1 if you like.

Don't get your panties in a wad. It was just my opinion. For what it's worth, I have nothing against Alcoa and I think Alcoa is pretty close to this group, probably somewhere in the 11-15 range. I just wouldn't like Alcoa's chances against a Dobyns-Bennett or Oakland, or most of the top six or seven Class 5A schools. You are free to disagree and as you appear to be an Alcoa fan, I have no doubt you do disagree. That's fine. Feel free to give your own rankings and put Alcoa wherever you wish. Rank 'em #1 if you like.

Ya I go to alcoa , so i get a little carried away with my "school spirit" i guess you could call it , by no means do i think they are #1 , but i atleast think they could get #9-10 , considering they came within 7 points of one of your other top 10 teams(Maryville). And i think that we could have possibly beat you all ( Farragut) this year. Oh and by the way , i dont know how it is at farragut , but around here we dont wear "panties" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We're deep enough into the season that I am going to start running composite ratings. In short, these are the composite ratings of four third-party services that rate Tennessee teams across all classifications. I post these only to take some bias out of our thoughts. Here are the 2008 ratings season-to-date:

Tennessee Composite Ratings Through Week 6

For those too lazy to look:

1 Maryville

2 Farragut

3 Ensworth

4 Franklin

5 MUS

5 MBA

7 Brentwood Academy

8 Dobyns-Bennett

9 Alcoa

10 Brentwood

In the for what it's worth department, here are the Tennessee Composite Ratings Through Week 7:

1 Maryville

2 Ensworth

3 Farragut

4 Franklin

5 MBA

6 MUS

7 Whitehaven

8 Brentwood

9 Henry County

10 Alcoa

Guest Advisor

1. Tennessee Titans