Top 10

ehstiger09

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What teams would you rank as the top 10 teams in the state?

I've can't really comment on many teams from middle or east Tennessee, but out west Whitehaven, MUS, Millington, and Henry County would be the top candidates. Maryville and Alcoa out East, don't know many others out there. As for middle, outside of the DII's, I'm not sure there's one program that's established itself this year. Brentwood and Frankin, I guess. Then Ensworth, BGA, MBA. I'm sure I'm leaving out some really good teams, but this is a decent start.

I've can't really comment on many teams from middle or east Tennessee, but out west Whitehaven, MUS, Millington, and Henry County would be the top candidates. Maryville and Alcoa out East, don't know many others out there. As for middle, outside of the DII's, I'm not sure there's one program that's established itself this year. Brentwood and Frankin, I guess. Then Ensworth, BGA, MBA. I'm sure I'm leaving out some really good teams, but this is a decent start.

id take out franklin and put in farragut but other than that its a pretty solid list

We're deep enough into the season that I am going to start running composite ratings. In short, these are the composite ratings of four third-party services that rate Tennessee teams across all classifications. I post these only to take some bias out of our thoughts. Here are the 2008 ratings season-to-date:

Tennessee Composite Ratings Through Week 6

For those too lazy to look:

1 Maryville

2 Farragut

3 Ensworth

4 Franklin

5 MUS

5 MBA

7 Brentwood Academy

8 Dobyns-Bennett

9 Alcoa

10 Brentwood

Here are the final 2007 Ratings for anyone who wants to form his or her own opinion as to how accurate composite ratings may be.

Disclaimer: these are not my ratings; these are the averages of four independent ratings services. If you don't like your team's rank, or its omissions from the ratings, take it up with the ratings service...or go out and win 68 in a row.

We're deep enough into the season that I am going to start running composite ratings. In short, these are the composite ratings of four third-party services that rate Tennessee teams across all classifications. I post these only to take some bias out of our thoughts. Here are the 2008 ratings season-to-date:

Tennessee Composite Ratings Through Week 6

For those too lazy to look:

1 Maryville

2 Farragut

3 Ensworth

4 Franklin

5 MUS

5 MBA

7 Brentwood Academy

8 Dobyns-Bennett

9 Alcoa

10 Brentwood

Here are the final 2007 Ratings for anyone who wants to form his or her own opinion as to how accurate composite ratings may be.

Disclaimer: these are not my ratings; these are the averages of four independent ratings services. If you don't like your team's rank, or its omissions from the ratings, take it up with the ratings service...or go out and win 68 in a row.

Just like the BCS. How can Maryville not be the one team in the final 2007 rating. They have won 7 out 8 state titles what 68 in a row.

Here is my best guess at the Top 10 overall

1) MBA

2) Maryville

3) Farragut

4) Millington

5) Oakland

6) Franklin

7) Brentwood

8) Henry County

9) Dobyns-Bennett

10) Ooltewah

I dont know how reliable you can be when you have DB and Oakland on there and not Alcoa , looks a lil Bias to me , no matter if you like alcoa or not , they are a top ten team , even if they are #10

Just like the BCS. How can Maryville not be the one team in the final 2007 rating. They have won 7 out 8 state titles what 68 in a row.

Well with those rankings were posted they didnt have the 2nd longest winning streak in America , and there schedule strength was no where near what MBA put up with that year