Indy's future

footballin

If you did your homework, and understood my reputation (and team). you would realize that I am in no way shape or form a disgruntled parent of a certain kid that has lost playing time to Alex Heckman (I believe we all know who I am referring to).

Any team who is forced to be as one-dimensional as IHS has looked this year, will obviously suffer the consequences. The teams in this region will destroy an un-balanced team. But even with that said, good coaches/ good teams find ways to win and mask their short-comings. Ravenwood had to undergo a complete system over-haul after their loss to FHS (and the loss of Bo Gilroy). Sometimes you must tinker with your system to achieve the best outcome, good coaches are flexible, and adjust to the players they have to work with. And running the veer out of the 7-yard shotgun is not adjusting, and it is not a running game.

Think about this INDY (this is coming from an outsider), you have been murdered because you have failed to execute the basics (blocking and tackling). Every coach at this level should be able to produce JRs & SRs that can at least accomplish the basics.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I haven't posted on here in quite some time mainly because of being to busy and teid up in other things. I have seen Indy play 2-3 times this year and here is my take. First the coaching, I think Eubanks is a descent coach but the others on his staff are subpar at best. Everytime you see one of the coaches and talk football all they can talk about is last years state championship game. I really believe that this group of seniors have been done an injustice because they haven't been given the same guidance as the seniors from last year. Lets look at last year. I made a statement last year that everyone jumped on me and bashed me for. I said that last years group was still Scott Smith's team and Eubanks real challenge would come this year. Weeeelllllll one year later and??? I am no way a Smith supporter mind you I can't stand the guy but he did build and mold that team. As for going to the title game lets take a look. 1) The region was way down last year. 2) The region they play in the first 3 rounds is garbage. 3) The best safety in the league last year let a pass slip through his hands and fall right into the hands of a Indy player on the ground. 4) Millington was up 21-0 and let Indy come back. No team worth any thing should ever let that happen. 5) We saw in the championship game that they didn't deserve to be there. Now coaches those are the facts and yes you got there but move on. I still question whether Eubanks and this staff can mold and develop team chemistry and the athletes it takes to win consistently. It is easy to win with seasoned 4 year starters but building from that success is much tougher

Now to this year's talent. Indy has a ton of speed probably more than anyone else in the region. it just hasn't showed on the field. The way Indy has thrown the ball you can easily make a run game. They have good size up front and good speed in the back field. So maybe just maybe it could be coaching or even the run system. Do they run the zone or is it more man or option? I think Eubanks is a good coach maybe not ready for 5A football at this point in his career but none the less he was hired and now we need to get behind him. That starts with him getting top notch coaches for the program. He is the guy the communikty wanted and now the community is turning like a bunch of wolves. If I am not mistaken he threw the ball all over the field at Heritage so the "community" knew what they were getting. Maybe he just doesn't understand the run game the way he needs to and needs to bring in someone that understands it a little better. (that would take swallowing some pride but just a thought)

you are very disgruntled sorry your son didnt get playing time,indy in no way shape or form has nearlly the talent size nor speed as last year-your crazy about more speed ithen any tram in region franklin,RHS AND CHS WAY MORE SPEED you are really sad you know that ..u dont know anything about football,saying that millington is junk as they surrendered a 21 pt lead- maybe it was indys talent that made the comeback,gosh you are not a supporter at all please tell us whom you really are and stop changing screen names

Well I haven't posted on here in quite some time mainly because of being to busy and teid up in other things. I have seen Indy play 2-3 times this year and here is my take. First the coaching, I think Eubanks is a descent coach but the others on his staff are subpar at best. Everytime you see one of the coaches and talk football all they can talk about is last years state championship game. I really believe that this group of seniors have been done an injustice because they haven't been given the same guidance as the seniors from last year. Lets look at last year. I made a statement last year that everyone jumped on me and bashed me for. I said that last years group was still Scott Smith's team and Eubanks real challenge would come this year. Weeeelllllll one year later and??? I am no way a Smith supporter mind you I can't stand the guy but he did build and mold that team. As for going to the title game lets take a look. 1) The region was way down last year. 2) The region they play in the first 3 rounds is garbage. 3) The best safety in the league last year let a pass slip through his hands and fall right into the hands of a Indy player on the ground. 4) Millington was up 21-0 and let Indy come back. No team worth any thing should ever let that happen. 5) We saw in the championship game that they didn't deserve to be there. Now coaches those are the facts and yes you got there but move on. I still question whether Eubanks and this staff can mold and develop team chemistry and the athletes it takes to win consistently. It is easy to win with seasoned 4 year starters but building from that success is much tougher

Now to this year's talent. Indy has a ton of speed probably more than anyone else in the region. it just hasn't showed on the field. The way Indy has thrown the ball you can easily make a run game. They have good size up front and good speed in the back field. So maybe just maybe it could be coaching or even the run system. Do they run the zone or is it more man or option? I think Eubanks is a good coach maybe not ready for 5A football at this point in his career but none the less he was hired and now we need to get behind him. That starts with him getting top notch coaches for the program. He is the guy the communikty wanted and now the community is turning like a bunch of wolves. If I am not mistaken he threw the ball all over the field at Heritage so the "community" knew what they were getting. Maybe he just doesn't understand the run game the way he needs to and needs to bring in someone that understands it a little better. (that would take swallowing some pride but just a thought)

you said last november the following

It is very simple. Indy is not a "lil ole me" team. If you would have asked anyone at the school including every single coach before the season started and they would have said they should win state. These guys have played together since Freshman and a varity schedule since 10th grade. They have 20-25 seniors. The coaches have stated and know that this is their one shot to win a state championship game. Next year will be a down year

so when you hav eall this and graduate 18 of 22 starters tell me a program that will be good----------he eubank snew the runni game very well last year if u recall when they only put 5-6 in thre box pedigrew called on,when none in box heckman pass-remember tehy went to power i formations lots last year as well

Every year brings unexpected surprises, and if someone told me that Independence would be a 3-win team at the end of the season (I would have laughed out loud). I knew that this year would be a year of change for Independence on-the-field and off-the-field. Apparently Independence lost a lot of starters and leaders, and would be looking to rebound and rebuild...but still 3-WINS!!! But at the same time I knew that Independence would be going through a lot of changes as a school and athletic program. Todd Campell became the Principal (and if you do not already know...he is an athletic program's dream), and He brought along with him Kurt Jones to fill the empty Athletic Director position. Even though Independence may have been lacking on-the-field talent, they gained the tools to begin constructing a "solid program" (as Kingz615 so subtly put it).

But I must say that I was still shocked beyond imagination over what Independence did on-the-field (or did not accomplish). But it was Independence's offensive theory this year that astounded me. Everyone has accused Independence of being "one-sided", and those have been accurate accusations. But the lack of a running game is the result of two things (1) no manageable running-back (2) no Offensive lineman. If you are going to play football against Coach Webb, Crawford, and Rector's defenses, and you can only hope to throw the ball around (without a Offensice line proficient in blocking) then those defenses will drop 7 into coverage, and apply intense pressure with the front 4. In this region if you allow that to happen, those teams will chew you up and spit you out. This is an all too familiar image for Independence this year.

And to be honest, I expected more from IHS's coaching staff, and I thought that the infusion of Coach Jones would have been more effective. For those of you who know coach Jones, you know he stresses a successful ground game, which will in turn set up the "play-action-pass". He believes in this system because it wins games, it takes the pressure off a developing QB, saves the QB from taking a ton of hits. but this entire philosophy has been absent (even in the most diluted form)

I do not know about the rest of IHS, but I know that 3-wins is not Coach Jones Idea of success, and I know that 3-wins is not at all satisfactory for Todd Campell. And sooner rather than later, they will begin to make-moves to construct a "solid program" that will win more than 3 games a year...Things are changing, or at least about to change

Every year brings unexpected surprises, and if someone told me that Independence would be a 3-win team at the end of the season (I would have laughed out loud). I knew that this year would be a year of change for Independence on-the-field and off-the-field. Apparently Independence lost a lot of starters and leaders, and would be looking to rebound and rebuild...but still 3-WINS!!! But at the same time I knew that Independence would be going through a lot of changes as a school and athletic program. Todd Campell became the Principal (and if you do not already know...he is an athletic program's dream), and He brought along with him Kurt Jones to fill the empty Athletic Director position. Even though Independence may have been lacking on-the-field talent, they gained the tools to begin constructing a "solid program" (as Kingz615 so subtly put it).

But I must say that I was still shocked beyond imagination over what Independence did on-the-field (or did not accomplish). But it was Independence's offensive theory this year that astounded me. Everyone has accused Independence of being "one-sided", and those have been accurate accusations. But the lack of a running game is the result of two things (1) no manageable running-back (2) no Offensive lineman. If you are going to play football against Coach Webb, Crawford, and Rector's defenses, and you can only hope to throw the ball around (without a Offensice line proficient in blocking) then those defenses will drop 7 into coverage, and apply intense pressure with the front 4. In this region if you allow that to happen, those teams will chew you up and spit you out. This is an all too familiar image for Independence this year.

And to be honest, I expected more from IHS's coaching staff, and I thought that the infusion of Coach Jones would have been more effective. For those of you who know coach Jones, you know he stresses a successful ground game, which will in turn set up the "play-action-pass". He believes in this system because it wins games, it takes the pressure off a developing QB, saves the QB from taking a ton of hits. but this entire philosophy has been absent (even in the most diluted form)

I do not know about the rest of IHS, but I know that 3-wins is not Coach Jones Idea of success, and I know that 3-wins is not at all satisfactory for Todd Campell. And sooner rather than later, they will begin to make-moves to construct a "solid program" that will win more than 3 games a year...Things are changing, or at least about to change

i could not agree with you more on your statement """""But I must say that I was still shocked beyond imagination over what Independence did on-the-field (or did not accomplish). But it was Independence's offensive theory this year that astounded me. Everyone has accused Independence of being "one-sided", and those have been accurate accusations. But the lack of a running game is the result of two things (1) no manageable running-back (2) no Offensive lineman. If you are going to play football against Coach Webb, Crawford, and Rector's defenses, and you can only hope to throw the ball around (without a Offensice line proficient in blocking) then those defenses will drop 7 into coverage, and apply intense pressure with the front 4. In this region if you allow that to happen, those teams will chew you up and spit you out. This is an all too familiar image for Independence this year.'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

few things for you supporters of another QB , please note the above, i dont care if COlt McCoy was in there -

I personally figured before season started 5-6 wins - it was a rebulding year as stated teams do go thru these in high schools-

It's nice to see you back on here. You'll have to ignore "Goldendome's" accusations of you being a parent of Nick Smith. He does it to everyone who has a different opinion than himself.

You brought up some valid points about the team that went to the title game last year, most notably the region being down. However, I'm not sure Smith had anything to do with that team last year. He was more of a distraction to where the program needed to go rather than a solid coach.

Indy needs to finish this week strong against Columbia and come out with a win. It would be very unjust if Nick Smith didn't play QB. And someone should finally listen to me and put Heckman at running back and just see what happens. It's not like there's anything to lose.

It's nice to see you back on here. You'll have to ignore "Goldendome's" accusations of you being a parent of Nick Smith. He does it to everyone who has a different opinion than himself.

You brought up some valid points about the team that went to the title game last year, most notably the region being down. However, I'm not sure Smith had anything to do with that team last year. He was more of a distraction to where the program needed to go rather than a solid coach.

Indy needs to finish this week strong against Columbia and come out with a win. It would be very unjust if Nick Smith didn't play QB. And someone should finally listen to me and put Heckman at running back and just see what happens. It's not like there's anything to lose.

at least we have one more week to listen to this guy and his crying over his son to play QB

Just an observation from someone who has been around for a very long time.

Based on what I read in all of hte Independence threads, they have a long difficult road ahead. Everone is bashing everyone else. Every excuse in the book has come out in these threads. Its the QB's fault, its the 2nd string QB's fault, its the coaches fault, its the O-lins fault, its the RB fault, its the Defense's fault, its the complaining parent's fault.

Sometimes you are just not very good. Get over it. The talent seems to be down. Guess what? When the talent is down, the coaching LOOKS like it is not as good as it should be.

I know some of you will say that the talent is not down at Independence. Ok, stick with that thought if it helps you sleep better. But it doesnt make it true. If the talent was there, is it hard to find a RB? Is it hard to have open receivers? Is it hard to block for the QB? Does talented defenses make big stops?

And this is not a knock on any player. Keep playing hard guys, stick to your fundamentals, and play every game like its your last...it could be.

Parents, its ok to armchair coach, but the bashing is immature. If you think you can do better, get your teaching degree and lets see if you can. In this day and age, and in the Williamson County area, you have no idea how hard it is to coach. EVERY kid is the QB, and they are also the shortstop and starting pitcher. To hear parents in your area talk, Williamson County could have their own pro teams just on the "talent" that is in the high schools. Wake up. Because of money invested in trainers and camps by the parents, the athletes may seem a little better in the area, but those camps dont change genetics and make you bigger or faster. Once the kids that have not been able to go to the camps and have trainers catch up with their technique, your kids don't look so good any more.

Thats just the way it is.

But the attitudes that are being shown here will make it much harder for Independence to consistently be at the top. Kids will get down on themselves and stop believing in themselves and the coach. You wont keep a coach for long because a qualified coach can find somewhere else to go that actually has support and because of that support has a better chance to build a program.

Just two cents from an old fart that has seen this happen over and over, and those very programs can never understand why they cant get better.

why would it be unjust - go look at some other posts other teams say about us saying we ( INDY ) are way to predicatable on offense and coaches like crawford, rector are licking at chops to play this offense ...i say piut him in there so we dont have to listen to this nick smith stuff

at least we have one more week to listen to this guy and his crying over his son to play QB

Point well made. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nick deserves to start against Columbia.

He's a senior, I always support that kind of thing. He's put a lot into this program and this will be the last time he ever laces them up. Hard to believe that he is about to finish his career at Indy, when it seemed like just the other day when he was coming into the scrimmage against Glencliff as a freshman.

Nick deserves to start against Columbia.

He's a senior, I always support that kind of thing. He's put a lot into this program and this will be the last time he ever laces them up. Hard to believe that he is about to finish his career at Indy, when it seemed like just the other day when he was coming into the scrimmage against Glencliff as a freshman.

I respect that he and I am sure about 15 other seniors put a lot into program,but this is not rudy.

So I guess coach should start all the senior class then.... Look its evident you have your reason why don't you request other players why name one.

Best players should start period