Lake County vs South Fulton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be that as it may. I made one comment about our tackling and thats it. And our tackling was a very important issue.If we would have tackled at the point of contact it still would have made much a difference in the score, maybe have just slowed them down getting to the endzone, but thats about it. Like i said we just did not show up to play at all and got it handed to us.

I didnt mean that we beat ourselves in the fact that we just gave the game away. I meant that we didnt play like we have been in the last several games. Butt-whipping? Yes. Can we rebound and take it to Gleason?Yes. It's just just all up to the players if they want to just give up or not.

We are just suprised in how we much we didnt show up to play last night.

Look, I'm glad South Fulton is getting back on the right track.

But....Do you not think the loss to Union City had something to do with how they played against lake County...I do. South Fulton sounds like they were flat and never recovered.

Reason, South Fulton raelly thought with being 6 - 0, they could come out and play Union city and beat them.

To win the big game, you have to win the big game and tell me the last time South Fulton has won a Big Game, been a few and not with this bunch. I do wish you luck but with your two final games up coming...they are BIG Games adn I don't think your team is ready for games like this. The pressure is on and the players and coaches know that you have to WIN the final two games.

If not, your player will be watching from the stands and not on the field.

One more thing, as long as I have watched the South Fulton program, your uniforms have been the same. I know it does take money to do so but I would come out next year with a new look. The helments are the same old fashion look you have had for a while, same red jerseys and white pants. get a new little twist to things and will be another reason the kids will get a little more pride.

I know this is back burner type things and really doesn't have anything to do with winning but coming out with a new look would give the kids a little extra step in " Look What We Have Now".

Like I said, it takes money and cost money as well. I know it can be done because Obion County seems to come out every year with a different look as well and it proves it doesn't help you win as well.

At least your new coach has fire under your kids and the program heading up whereas the Obion County bunch is still trying to figure out how and when their program is going to take a turn for the better.

Good Luck!!

And Im not taking anything away from Lake CO. They are a very good ball club and the all-around speed was incredible. I really would like to see LC and UC play one more time.

Would be a good game and Union city would have at least one new face on the field that would make a difference...we hope.

If I were you, I would be hoping to play L C in a rematch instead of wishing L C to play Union City....you are a Red Devil Fan...aren't you?

U obviously didnt read my long post earlier. i said SF was still reeling from the loss last week from UC. And if u were at the game and if u have been keeping up with South Fulton Football them u would have noticied that these are new uniforms the red devils were wearing. We havent wore white paints in years. Our jerseys were new since the 2006 season buddy.

And yes i am a proud Red Devil fan, and i didnt say i was hoping to see LC and UC play i said i would LIKE to see them play again. Get ur facts straight.

I've been saying all along that all South Fulton had to do was win one more game to get in..but there was a great chance even before they lost to Union City that South Fulton may stay home and Lake Co and Gleason both get in..That South Fulton could lose their next four games..Gleason has a fine football team and just like Lake Co the past 3 weeks..seem to be getting better at the right time..Several people had South Fulton 3rd so tonight was a big game for Lake Co..Had they lost ..Lake Co was probably out..But they still need probably at least one more win ..Beat McKenzie and Lake Co has a great chance of taking 2nd place...And with Lake Co's speed and offense..if the defense plays well..Lake Co has a great chance..South Fulton needs to take 1 more game..The last game against Gleason will probably put 1 of them in and the loser out!But then again..if Lake Co loses to both McKenzie and Greenfield..will get very interesting!

mrbigster,

I really don't see LC losing to Greenfield. They just aren't strong enough to play an entire game against a solid, fast team. Our game (McKenzie-LC) next Friday night should be a good one and as you have mentioned could determine 2-3 place! There is a lot riding on that game.

South Fultons fate is in their own hands now with no room for error. It went from flying high to serious pressure in two weeks for them. Gleason will be a tough test for South Fulton IMO. Gleason is a strong, smash mouth kind of team that will come right at you with just enough finesse to keep you off guard! They can throw the ball quite well on shorter routes and can get people open to do so. The best way that I can describe them right now is "quick hitting" and determined!! They gave my Rebels all they wanted for 3 1/2 quarters.

With two weeks left in the regular season there are several possibilities for the playoffs that I won't even begin to speculate on now. But, for a fact, next Friday night South Fulton will be playing for a playoff berth or an early start for basketball season. As said, it's in their hands. South Fulton has come a LONG way in one season and I'm glad to see it. They shouldn't get down on things just because their schedule is "bottom heavy" and now they are running into all the big guns one week after another. Our schedule is "top heavy" and that hurts when getting ready to go into the playoffs.

Good luck to all the region 7A teams the next few weeks.

n

Be that as it may. I made one comment about our tackling and thats it. And our tackling was a very important issue.If we would have tackled at the point of contact it still would have made much a difference in the score, maybe have just slowed them down getting to the endzone, but thats about it. Like i said we just did not show up to play at all and got it handed to us.

I didnt mean that we beat ourselves in the fact that we just gave the game away. I meant that we didnt play like we have been in the last several games. Butt-whipping? Yes. Can we rebound and take it to Gleason?Yes. It's just just all up to the players if they want to just give up or not.

We are just suprised in how we much we didnt show up to play last night.

Sometimes ,A game like this is hard to explain...I think South Fulton is better than the team I saw Friday night..The game we had reminded me of the game we had at Kentucky in the 2nd game of the year..We got it handed to us..All that team did was run on the right side all night long..For some reason we never started throwing the ball until very late in the game...Maybe our coach made an adjustment..Maybe we had players in the wrong place..But we got our tails kicked..And after that game we went to U.C. and lost again.. No defense at all..But since that game..Lake Co has gotten better on defense..Every game..Was better against Gleaso..Was better against Halls..We had a 90 yard touchdown called back in that game along with dropping a couple sure touchdown passes..But We got beat..But still ..had the defense played better..could have won both those games..Then came West Carrol ..No points scored....Confidence booster..Then Bruceton..Again..gained confidence..Then South Fulton..I thought South Fulton had more talent than those other two teams and would score maybe 20 points..But thought we would score 30 something to win..Another thing is several times when we've run those long runs or touchdowns..they seemed to get called back on penalties a lot..Now..South Fulton has a chance to do what Lake Co did..After a couple losses..Work harder and Go out and play with confidence..Now I'm hoping Lake Co doesn't go out and be flat this week after the South Fulton game..A 2nd place seeding and home field could be on the line if we win but would still have to beat Greenfield..I'm expecting a great game with McKenzie..If the defense shows up and plays like they've been doing..I like our chances..There are a couple things that worries me more than most is field conditions and injuries at this time of year..Had it rained Friday night like it did Thursday..Could have been a different game..Cold weather..Never know how it will affect our team as far as passing and fumbles..Quarterbacks hands get cold..could affect his passing and lead to interceptions or receivers dropping passes wheras a team like U.C. that has a good quarterback that can run or another team that runs the ball..would be favored..And Lake Co could be just one play away from a nightmare finish if Carlos Young or maybe even if Dominic were to get hurt..As well as losing any one player..Would really hurt Lake Co because of depth..But losing Carlos would take away from Lake Co tremendously as probably would Union City losing Colton Speed..Not that Union City and Lake Co wouldn't be pretty good teams still..but I like both our chances with both of them on the field.. So..Win or lose this coming Friday night..I just hope for great weather and no injuries for any of the teams in our district....!Keep your heads up!Gleason has a fine team but could come in thinking the game is won before it starts..!That could be a mistake!

mrbigster,

I really don't see LC losing to Greenfield. They just aren't strong enough to play an entire game against a solid, fast team. Our game (McKenzie-LC) next Friday night should be a good one and as you have mentioned could determine 2-3 place! There is a lot riding on that game.

South Fultons fate is in their own hands now with no room for error. It went from flying high to serious pressure in two weeks for them. Gleason will be a tough test for South Fulton IMO. Gleason is a strong, smash mouth kind of team that will come right at you with just enough finesse to keep you off guard! They can throw the ball quite well on shorter routes and can get people open to do so. The best way that I can describe them right now is "quick hitting" and determined!! They gave my Rebels all they wanted for 3 1/2 quarters.

With two weeks left in the regular season there are several possibilities for the playoffs that I won't even begin to speculate on now. But, for a fact, next Friday night South Fulton will be playing for a playoff berth or an early start for basketball season. As said, it's in their hands. South Fulton has come a LONG way in one season and I'm glad to see it. They shouldn't get down on things just because their schedule is "bottom heavy" and now they are running into all the big guns one week after another. Our schedule is "top heavy" and that hurts when getting ready to go into the playoffs.

Good luck to all the region 7A teams the next few weeks.

You're right about the playoffs..My head is hurting thinking about the possibilities..Not sure if a Gleason win or South Fulton would be best for us in case we lose to McKenzie..Heck..South Fulton could lose both games..Lake Co could lose to McKenzie and Greenfield beats Bruceton and most think they will...then guess what..If Greenfield beats Lake Co..Greenfield will get in..Nobody is talking about them very much..I have more friends in Greenfield than the other schools because of my son playing against the Greenfiels baseball teams over the past ten years..But if Bruceton were to get it's first win..I'd be happy.. But like you said..A lot of things can still happen for a lot of teams..I guess the best solution is too kep winning and hope everything takes care of itself

You're right about the playoffs..My head is hurting thinking about the possibilities..Not sure if a Gleason win or South Fulton would be best for us in case we lose to McKenzie..Heck..South Fulton could lose both games..Lake Co could lose to McKenzie and Greenfield beats Bruceton and most think they will...then guess what..If Greenfield beats Lake Co..Greenfield will get in..Nobody is talking about them very much..I have more friends in Greenfield than the other schools because of my son playing against the Greenfiels baseball teams over the past ten years..But if Bruceton were to get it's first win..I'd be happy.. But like you said..A lot of things can still happen for a lot of teams..I guess the best solution is too kep winning and hope everything takes care of itself

Amen (I think----LOL!)

Agreed. The playoff situation right now is gonna take a little while to twart out. Ill say if SF doesnt buckle down and get right after these two losses they will be sitting at the house 3 fridays from now. I havent seen Mckenzie play yet but it looks as if LC and them will be a very competitive game. Good luck to all region 7a teams in making the playoffs.

Look, I'm glad South Fulton is getting back on the right track.

But....Do you not think the loss to Union City had something to do with how they played against lake County...I do. South Fulton sounds like they were flat and never recovered.

Reason, South Fulton raelly thought with being 6 - 0, they could come out and play Union city and beat them.

To win the big game, you have to win the big game and tell me the last time South Fulton has won a Big Game, been a few and not with this bunch. I do wish you luck but with your two final games up coming...they are BIG Games adn I don't think your team is ready for games like this. The pressure is on and the players and coaches know that you have to WIN the final two games.

If not, your player will be watching from the stands and not on the field.

One more thing, as long as I have watched the South Fulton program, your uniforms have been the same. I know it does take money to do so but I would come out next year with a new look. The helments are the same old fashion look you have had for a while, same red jerseys and white pants. get a new little twist to things and will be another reason the kids will get a little more pride.

I know this is back burner type things and really doesn't have anything to do with winning but coming out with a new look would give the kids a little extra step in " Look What We Have Now".

Like I said, it takes money and cost money as well. I know it can be done because Obion County seems to come out every year with a different look as well and it proves it doesn't help you win as well.

At least your new coach has fire under your kids and the program heading up whereas the Obion County bunch is still trying to figure out how and when their program is going to take a turn for the better.

Good Luck!!

You are absolutely right about the loss to UC affecting our team. In a previous post I commented on the fragility of our confidence. Whether or not the boys get their heads right for Gleason is going to be a big question. I hope they can. How the coach handles the the two starters that went to Europe and abandoned their teammates will be another big issue. The poor play calling the last two games will be an issue as well. SF has a lot of work to do this week, not only by the boys but by the coaches as well.

As far as the uniforms are concerned; the pants are red. The jersys were brand new last year. I agree that the uniforms need to be updated but, as you say, money is an issue.

You are absolutely right about the loss to UC affecting our team. In a previous post I commented on the fragility of our confidence. Whether or not the boys get their heads right for Gleason is going to be a big question. I hope they can. How the coach handles the the two starters that went to Europe and abandoned their teammates will be another big issue. The poor play calling the last two games will be an issue as well. SF has a lot of work to do this week, not only by the boys but by the coaches as well.

As far as the uniforms are concerned; the pants are red. The jersys were brand new last year. I agree that the uniforms need to be updated but, as you say, money is an issue.

Money is tight at a lot of small schools..Every school doesn't have the money to have a half million dollar field house,although it was built when they were probably Double A ,and a couple buses that just carries the band and band equipment...And the 4- wheelers and things to carry all the equipment..Lake Co doesn't even have a band...But I believe one may be coming next year or the year after..I believe they started a program at the middle school a couple years ago with the hope of having them come to high school and start it up and keep it going..I saw the Henry Co bus Friday in Dyersburg ,I'm sure they were on their way to Munford..And it wasn't a regular school bus..It was one of those buses that the country music stars drive around the country...lol..Very nice...If I were a bigger school like Dyersburg,Dyer Co.etc..I'd go in style also instead of a cramped up school bus..But it's all about money..But I did like the new facilities at South Fulton..The only thing I didn't like was the fence that keeps you from walking all the way down the sidelines...Couldn't see from the football players unless you moved from the opposite end..I guess South Fulton likes you to sit in the bleachers..kinda like the big stadiums..but I like Lake Co because you can get on the sidelines..up close and see the action close up..But ,all in all..Very nice facilities at South Fulton!So..I'm guessing that either South Fulton is broke now or has more money than they're telling....lol..Don't get away from your school colors South Fulton..Lake Co has always been Green and Gold and for some reason we seem to be implementing black into our colors..

Money is tight at a lot of small schools..Every school doesn't have the money to have a half million dollar field house,although it was built when they were probably Double A ,and a couple buses that just carries the band and band equipment...And the 4- wheelers and things to carry all the equipment..Lake Co doesn't even have a band...But I believe one may be coming next year or the year after..I believe they started a program at the middle school a couple years ago with the hope of having them come to high school and start it up and keep it going..I saw the Henry Co bus Friday in Dyersburg ,I'm sure they were on their way to Munford..And it wasn't a regular school bus..It was one of those buses that the country music stars drive around the country...lol..Very nice...If I were a bigger school like Dyersburg,Dyer Co.etc..I'd go in style also instead of a cramped up school bus..But it's all about money..But I did like the new facilities at South Fulton..The only thing I didn't like was the fence that keeps you from walking all the way down the sidelines...Couldn't see from the football players unless you moved from the opposite end..I guess South Fulton likes you to sit in the bleachers..kinda like the big stadiums..but I like Lake Co because you can get on the sidelines..up close and see the action close up..But ,all in all..Very nice facilities at South Fulton!So..I'm guessing that either South Fulton is broke now or has more money than they're telling....lol..Don't get away from your school colors South Fulton..Lake Co has always been Green and Gold and for some reason we seem to be implementing black into our colors..

The fieldhouse was built in the late 70's..The multipurpose building is very nice...The busses are big yellow school busses,everyone has them and the 4 wheelers are privately owned...HATER!!!... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Folks..Obion County has three of the best facilities around...UC's is very nice as is South Fulton's and Obion Central's....OC changes uniforms EVERY year..You never know what that team will wear from year to year or game to game for that matter....I don't think my son wore the same uni twice during his senior year and now they got completely different ones...They even had unis that the fans didn't like and the school sold them to Waverly,if I'm not mistaken....As for SF...I don't like the red on red,but I wouldn't like purple on purple either...But I love the SF helmets....