Dobyns-Bennett vs Karns

BatmanDB

We might get our first look at how the Turf plays wet. If it is a wet field, I would expect that would play into the Indians favor. We may see 30+ carries by # 32. Any news on the injured Indians?

Roll Tribe Roll

You're right about the wet turf but it's already stopped raining here in Knoxville. Boden is a pretty mature passer for a junior. He got his baptism in fire last season as a sophomore starter and has learned a lot about being patient and not forcing things. Most of his Interceptions have come at the end of games in desperation throws. How's the DB pass defense? Have they played anyone who passed a lot? Maybe 32 will come down with the flu and sit this one out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grass ain't real. The state championships ain't real, either.

Lots of plaques and they're nice-real nice. You know, they haven't handed those out in over 40 years?

Thats why you hear it everwhere; "DB ain't GOT NO BALLS!"

If DB didn't have Balls........you wouldn't be so interested. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

If DB didn't have Balls........you wouldn't be so interested. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I give you a hard time, but that was classic. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is that a mountain-man kinda joke? You're always implying some sort of inner need.

I was only referring to DB's lack of success in the playoffs for the past 40+ years. so, don't look this way, Vern.

Walls & walls of plaques handed to you. but ....DB ain't got no balls!

Is that a mountain-man kinda joke? You're always implying some sort of inner need.

I was only referring to DB's lack of success in the playoffs for the past 40+ years. so, don't look this way, Vern.

Walls & walls of plaques handed to you. but ....DB ain't got no balls!

I'll take the plaques, you can have the balls. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I believe the person who mentioned Sean said they'd heard he was a stud LB, but I guess after he reads your unflattering analysis he may not even get on the bus for Kingsport tomorrow. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Perhaps one reason it's been the same for the last 30 years at Karns is because a lot of people there have the same negative attitude as you seem to have? If you ask Stidham he'd probably say he was the man but out of the "not a lot of talent" group Karns has, Bataiile's the one. If you have a few minutes look at the PrepXtra in the morning and see if Sean's listed in the Tackles stats, keeping in mind that he missed at least 1/2 of one game paying the price for a problem at school.

You must be one of those guys that looks through rose colored glasses, in stead of pumping BS in a kids direction I was just pointing out that the kid is not a stud, he plays hard but, stud he is not. MAYBE INSTEAD OF BLAMING EVERONE for having a negative attitude you get some facts, I have seen the same old Karns year in and year out and what the community needs to look towards is that one stud will not develop winning season after winning season, you would think that after having a couple of studs in the past and not being able to get over that hump you would figure out that one stud DON'T GET THE JOB DONE. by the way the reference you speak of was about Sean a senior deciding to leave school without permission and getting caught, suspended 2 days that week and then being allowed to play, IN MOST PROGRAMS THE PLAYER WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN PLAYED ONE DOWN FOR THAT GAME, so get a handle on those type issues and you might, just maybe turn things around.

You must be one of those guys that looks through rose colored glasses, in stead of pumping BS in a kids direction I was just pointing out that the kid is not a stud, he plays hard but, stud he is not. MAYBE INSTEAD OF BLAMING EVERONE for having a negative attitude you get some facts, I have seen the same old Karns year in and year out and what the community needs to look towards is that one stud will not develop winning season after winning season, you would think that after having a couple of studs in the past and not being able to get over that hump you would figure out that one stud DON'T GET THE JOB DONE. by the way the reference you speak of was about Sean a senior deciding to leave school without permission and getting caught, suspended 2 days that week and then being allowed to play, IN MOST PROGRAMS THE PLAYER WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN PLAYED ONE DOWN FOR THAT GAME, so get a handle on those type issues and you might, just maybe turn things around.

So who said I was a guy anyway, what a sexist comment! Unless you're Mr. Chandler you don't have the inside track on who got in what kind of trouble at Karns - I just didn't think it was beneficial to discuss the details in an open forum. Discipline varies from situation to situation. Given the fact that Karns was 0-4 or 0-5 at the time I thought it was admirable that Coach R held him out that long. Besides, look at Jerry Jones in Dallas; Pacman does another dastardly deed and Jones just looks the other way. I noticed that you've been posting on the Freshmen threads and promoting Coach Morris heavily. Maybe he'll give you an assistant coach position or a new car from one of his lots when he gets his big break? Or maybe you are Coach Morris? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Watch out for the Beavers tonight. The sun's out here in Knoxville and the passing lanes are opening up. If Sean and the boys can contain Sensabaugh in the 1st half and put up a few scores we might just have us a ball game! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> By the way, I always like to meet another one of the world class trash talkers of CoachT. Will you be at the game tonight? Wear your jammin' hat and I'll come by and say hello. Karns 21 - DB ??? (20 to 200)

I notice you really use CAPS a lot. Most Karns folks I know (including chicks) usually just git a dip of Skoal and chill when we get too uptight. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At least you don't have to worry about the mud now, right? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The field surface in J.Fred prior to the field turf was just as good as what you have at Sullivan South. I suppose you should worry about the mud the Sullivan North ground game, win or lose, will inflict on your field and how to make dead yellow bremuda look nice in October.