Dobyns-Bennett vs Karns

BatmanDB

With one victory,Karns is alive for a possible chance to make the playoffs.I don't know if they have had their share of injuries or what,but Karns beat Jeff co. and is coming in fresh next week.Dobyns-Bennett on the other hand, needs to put all the questions to rest.A lot of fans are sick about a win last week,but it's more about what can happen if DB doesn't right the ship.I know GC and his staff can't be pleased,and a lot of the players are ready to put SC behind them.I say it's allways nice to be mad after a win,then saying "what if "after a loss. I look for Dobyns-Bennett to roll very big and start an upward trend going into the playoffs.Roll Tribe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Dobyns-Bennett fans,the guys are beat down enough.Let's pick them up and help get them ready for another battle.Every game right now is very important,and we have a very good team.These guys read coacht and need our support.Yes,we can play and coach a better game,but sometimes the bad guys do their job well allso.Roll Tribe

Beat down? By who? I don't think you're giving them enough credit. Surely you don't mean by a few negative comments on here about playcalling or the OL? Heck they're undefeated and ranked 2nd in the state; they don't have any reason to be beat down. They should be proud of what they've accomplished so far, but also mindful of the fact that they've yet to play a complete game (especially on offense), and will need to keep getting better as they approach the playoffs. Now is the time to focus on getting better and more consistent. And hopefully more healthy. This team has a chance to be special, but they'll have to make it happen. Roll Tribe!

Beat down? By who? I don't think you're giving them enough credit. Surely you don't mean by a few negative comments on here about playcalling or the OL? Heck they're undefeated and ranked 2nd in the state; they don't have any reason to be beat down. They should be proud of what they've accomplished so far, but also mindful of the fact that they've yet to play a complete game (especially on offense), and will need to keep getting better as they approach the playoffs. Now is the time to focus on getting better and more consistent. And hopefully more healthy. This team has a chance to be special, but they'll have to make it happen. Roll Tribe!

No,I didn't mean by a few comments.Yes ,these are proud young men,and they know this is a better team than we seen last friday.I was just trying to say,let's get fired up for next week and move on Indian's.

I think it will be an emotional night for a lot of the seniors this week. It's their last regular season home game and homecoming which means a big crowd to get behind them. I'd like to see a little more offense myself, and I know that these kids would like to score big on homecoming night. I'm not so upset about last weeks game, because we gave up a TD on a "fumble" and while playing prevent at the end of the game. It could have easily been 22-0, or 27-0. My concern is that we're not putting the teams away like we need to be. I would like to see us play on the other team's side of the field all night instead of playing between the 40's. That being said, I'm proud of these kids and what they've accomplished so far and look forward to seeing them go far into the playoffs. We've got a special bunch of guys out there this year.

Roll Tribe

I think it will be an emotional night for a lot of the seniors this week. It's their last regular season home game and homecoming which means a big crowd to get behind them. I'd like to see a little more offense myself, and I know that these kids would like to score big on homecoming night. I'm not so upset about last weeks game, because we gave up a TD on a "fumble" and while playing prevent at the end of the game. It could have easily been 22-0, or 27-0. My concern is that we're not putting the teams away like we need to be. I would like to see us play on the other team's side of the field all night instead of playing between the 40's. That being said, I'm proud of these kids and what they've accomplished so far and look forward to seeing them go far into the playoffs. We've got a special bunch of guys out there this year.

Roll Tribe

I hope all the healthy seniors get to play friday night.I truly look for this offense to go crazy soon,and just put some unreal numbers up. We have great players all over the field,and it will happen.This offense will be the difference maker as the playoffs come around,and I mean in a great kind of way.We have all the parts ready to roll and I believe it's going to happen.Roll Tribe

Poor Karns, they have to travel all this way to get destroyed. Roll Tribe Roll

I wish we wouldn't post these lofty predictions. For one thing we're not playing very well right now and another thing is Karns is alot better than their record indicates. They have lost three games by only one point and two games by a touchdown. Karns could very easly be 6-1 right now.

If DB could get back to playing the way they did in the first 3 1/2 games I would feel more confident about a win. Whatever went south it went south at halftime of the Oak Ridge game. DB's offensive line in the first half of that game played as well as a line could possibly play. If your running back has over 200 yards rushing in one half of play your line has to be playing almost perfect. And that was against the biggest line DB will face all year. The downfield blocking was also near perfect in that first half. So we know that this offensive line is capable of blowing people off the line and controling the game. I think that if the line can get their mojo back we'll be in business. I didn't have a problem with the play calling Friday night. If I had a running back like Chris Sensabaugh and was going against a team that had given up 48 points and almost 500 yards rushing the week before I would design my game plan to run the ball as much as possible. Also going against the best QB & WR in the conference you would want to run and eat up as much clock as possible keeping them off the field.

Nobody is going to lay down for DB anymore so we need to pick it up a little more an start knocking some people on their duffs.

I wish we wouldn't post these lofty predictions. For one thing we're not playing very well right now and another thing is Karns is alot better than their record indicates. They have lost three games by only one point and two games by a touchdown. Karns could very easly be 6-1 right now.

If DB could get back to playing the way they did in the first 3 1/2 games I would feel more confident about a win. Whatever went south it went south at halftime of the Oak Ridge game. DB's offensive line in the first half of that game played as well as a line could possibly play. If your running back has over 200 yards rushing in one half of play your line has to be playing almost perfect. And that was against the biggest line DB will face all year. The downfield blocking was also near perfect in that first half. So we know that this offensive line is capable of blowing people off the line and controling the game. I think that if the line can get their mojo back we'll be in business. I didn't have a problem with the play calling Friday night. If I had a running back like Chris Sensabaugh and was going against a team that had given up 48 points and almost 500 yards rushing the week before I would design my game plan to run the ball as much as possible. Also going against the best QB & WR in the conference you would want to run and eat up as much clock as possible keeping them off the field.

Nobody is going to lay down for DB anymore so we need to pick it up a little more an start knocking some people on their duffs.

The first half of the Oak Ridge game was near perfect,I thought we let off the gas right before the half.Now would be a good time to start making up for all the points that we have let slip away ever since.I think the key to this season will be on the offensive side of the ball.Coach Watson has done a great job as normal,but I think at some point and time we will have to out score some folks with a lot more points then we are getting.I know we can and I'm ready for friday.By the way Waco,that was a nice job of not answering the Trolls thread.

Just an observation, but did anyone else notice the hit that CS dished out on that kickoff Friday night? WOW!! I don't want to wear him out, but wouldn't it be nice to see him in at defensive back from time to time? I just think that if it's safe to put Crawford in on D, I think it would be OK for CS to be in there.

Just an observation, but did anyone else notice the hit that CS dished out on that kickoff Friday night? WOW!! I don't want to wear him out, but wouldn't it be nice to see him in at defensive back from time to time? I just think that if it's safe to put Crawford in on D, I think it would be OK for CS to be in there.

It was one three huge hits that I noticed on special teams.He took that guy out with a killer shot.I was on the far end but seen it very well.I don't guess any of it's very safe but I just hate to see Jamie on any kind of special teams.Roll Tribe