Dobyns-Bennett vs Karns

BatmanDB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard about a stud LB at KARNS. He has averaged about 15 tackles a game. Not sure of his name though... can anyone shed any light on this for me?

The Karns linebacker is Sean Bataille. Don't know why but he wears 16. He's 5'11" and weighs about 195. Karns doesn't blitz too much but he's a real hitter when you're coming up the middle. He also seems to have good ability to follow the ball and make plays toward the outside. Unfortunately this may be because the Karns corners aren't always up to the task. Another guy to watch on D is Burkhalter - number 88. He plays Defensive End, is 6'5" and has very long arms. He's batted down a number of passes. He also seems to play off blocks well and keeps himself under enough control to chase down QBs and RBs in the backfield. I don't know how many Karns fans post on CoachT; given the 20 year record some are probably ashamed to admit they even are Karns fans. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> But the faithful will make the trek north on Friday. I've only been to DB once but it's the nicest facility I've seen in East TN.

I was just taking a stab in the dark. It is funny there isn't much chatter on this thread.Were are all the Karns fans? I have heard they have a good football team and have lost several games by a little margain. This season in the big East,all the teams seem good to me. Good Luck to Karns and have a safe trip to Kingsport. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess it's probably like our team last year at the start,except everybody was just mad.This is a dangerous Karns team. Last week I said that if we just showed up and tried to sing the school song,we would see purple dancing on our field.Well this is the same deal with different colors.I hope we turn the big guns loose and start our championship run this week.Two more days !! Roll Tribe!!

i was listening on INSIDE VIKING FOOTBALL and heard coach stubbs say THS, DB, Science Hill, Daniel Boone Central, South, and Davey Crockket are in the Confrence next year.

Just want to point that out

Also what is DB's classification going to be next year

From what I've been told,there will be 1a,2a,and 3a{Big and Small}classifications.When the playoffs start next year,DB would go as {3a large or 6a} and South, THS and those guys would go {3a small or 5a}.Now, maybe somebody with some knowledge on the new system can correct me.

The Karns linebacker is Sean Bataille. Don't know why but he wears 16. He's 5'11" and weighs about 195. Karns doesn't blitz too much but he's a real hitter when you're coming up the middle. He also seems to have good ability to follow the ball and make plays toward the outside. Unfortunately this may be because the Karns corners aren't always up to the task. Another guy to watch on D is Burkhalter - number 88. He plays Defensive End, is 6'5" and has very long arms. He's batted down a number of passes. He also seems to play off blocks well and keeps himself under enough control to chase down QBs and RBs in the backfield. I don't know how many Karns fans post on CoachT; given the 20 year record some are probably ashamed to admit they even are Karns fans. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> But the faithful will make the trek north on Friday. I've only been to DB once but it's the nicest facility I've seen in East TN.

I think maybe we have solved the problem of why Karns has not had a winning season for more than 20 years, if Sean Bataille is considered to be a stud LB then the bar is set pretty low, Sean is a great kid and he will hit you but, he does not have a lot of talent, he does do a good job with the talent he as but, he is far from being a stud LB. Karns has improved for sure but, they still need a couple of key players to get over the hump. i grew up in the at Karns and it has been the same for the last 30 years, losing season after losing season and all you get is WE should be winning and we have next year. Wake up Karns faithful and realize a 6-4 season will for sure be as if we won the Blue Cross Bowl at MTSU, because that is as close as this team will ever get.

Funny. Before he had to move away, thats the same thing BUD-liteweight used to say 'bout his beloved WAKO.

I just found out that 03 is the only poster on CoachT thats still breast feeding. .............

From his dad /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

From what I've been told,there will be 1a,2a,and 3a{Big and Small}classifications.When the playoffs start next year,DB would go as {3a large or 6a} and South, THS and those guys would go {3a small or 5a}.Now, maybe somebody with some knowledge on the new system can correct me.

You are correct BDB. Basically, it'll be set up very much like Virginia's system for those of you who are familiar with it. Except, the one thing I don't like about the new Tennessee system is it's not set up for state wide equality. Areas with larger numbers of one classification will be at a disadvantage as far as playoff qualification goes. Example, D-B and Science Hill will be at a huge advantage as opposed to teams in Middle and West Tennessee when it comes to qualifying for post season. Whichever of them wins vs. each other will automatically qualify. So, in theory, one could go 1-9 and still get into the playoffs. Highly unlikely, but possible. Whereas a 6A team in a conference with 6 or 8 other 6A teams could go 7-3 and not make it.

Whow 03. R U trying to wake up WaCo? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Looks like I only woke her half up. Did you see that lame come back it took her all night to back up with?

Gotta have some fun on here ... its Karns week!

I know it's going to get wild on here,so I'll give a couple of that a boys from last week right now.I thought Sammy C had a great game at the Defensive nose.When the man in the middle gets people going backwards,everything on the front opens up a lot. Sevier county had a well coached offensive line,they used every tactic in the world on our front . If it's not called,then it's a perfectly legal play on the line.They did get a few holding calls,but our guys had to work for everything and Sammy was the man last friday.I thought our defensive backfield done a great job as well,we didn't have two starters in the game back their and SC was a gunning team. Zack Flemming was everywhere,and showed just how important a player that he is. I really want to see this offense with all of our great players just start to take over the games right now.They used great ball control at the end and you have to have that,but I want to see this team explode on the score board.I thought Adams was a man among boys,and Chris is allways going to give 100% and run over a few people. Roll Tribe,One more Day