Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE...don't be bragging on me,it brings tears to my eyes.Yes I'm a true Rebel..just one that tell's the truth what was done Friday night was uncalled for and thats the bottom line I don't care who say's other wise !!! GO REBELS!!!!!

rebel redneck were you even at the game this past friday ??? if i was Stacy i woulda left every starter in on both sides of the ball til that very last second . not just from the disrespect of #5 and #2 btw there was many more than that from what i heard from a few south players, but any how i think stacy not only letting his seniors enjoy SENIORS NIGHT!!! but was also on a mission to show everyone else the difference between a #3 team in the state and the #7 team in state.

all in all i think i think South just helped North out by taking them back to reality.

REBEL NATION!

rebel redneck were you even at the game this past friday ??? if i was Stacy i woulda left every starter in on both sides of the ball til that very last second . not just from the disrespect of #5 and #2 btw there was many more than that from what i heard from a few south players, but any how i think stacy not only letting his seniors enjoy SENIORS NIGHT!!! but was also on a mission to show everyone else the difference between a #3 team in the state and the #7 team in state.

all in all i think i think South just helped North out by taking them back to reality.

REBEL NATION!

Why is it that North is the only one's accused of "trash talking". The last time I checked I do not remember any team that hasn't "trash talked" before. I remember many times in the past South talking trash, even when I was in high school. I wasn't at the game, but I think it is bad for any team to leave starters in with a 40 something lead against the losing team's second string. Like someone said earlier, "everyone gets hotheaded every now and again". It is easy to say what you may do in a situation like this, but sometimes the outcome is different when you are put in the situation. SS has a good team and it will do them good to move up so they can be more "competitive". As far as North and coach Norris, I am sure that he will take care of disciplining his players. Not everyone makes a public spectacle of everything. Hand shaking? I agree with Cap1. By the way Cap1, Good luck against SS. I will be unable to attend, but hope you guys do well.

Why is it that North is the only one's accused of "trash talking". The last time I checked I do not remember any team that hasn't "trash talked" before. I remember many times in the past South talking trash, even when I was in high school. I wasn't at the game, but I think it is bad for any team to leave starters in with a 40 something lead against the losing team's second string. Like someone said earlier, "everyone gets hotheaded every now and again". It is easy to say what you may do in a situation like this, but sometimes the outcome is different when you are put in the situation. SS has a good team and it will do them good to move up so they can be more "competitive". As far as North and coach Norris, I am sure that he will take care of disciplining his players. Not everyone makes a public spectacle of everything. Hand shaking? I agree with Cap1. By the way Cap1, Good luck against SS. I will be unable to attend, but hope you guys do well.

Thanks Pirate??¦I??™m actually hoping karma comes calling in two weeks??¦because regardless of how they try to slice it, Carter had a laps in judgment. It would be more productive to just admit it instead of listen to all this idiotic reasoning. I??™ve though about putting in an order for humble pie to be served on the visitors side at halftime. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Thanks Pirate??¦I??™m actually hoping karma comes calling in two weeks??¦because regardless of how they try to slice it, Carter had a laps in judgment. It would be more productive to just admit it instead of listen to all this idiotic reasoning. I??™ve though about putting in an order for humble pie to be served on the visitors side at halftime. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

This is the last post I'll make on this thread---I'm moving on to the next one. But---CAntyP1, go ahead and order your pie and we'll see how that works out for you. You are an idiot to think anyone cares what you think. Why don't you go back to your TN High threads, don't anyone talk to you over there?

cap it is very true souths winning legacy isn't as big as DB and Tn. High but think how much longer DB and Tn. High have been around then what south has. i mean sure we busted some heads and won a few titles in the early 90's but have never been a true threat til Carter and crew started running the program a few years back but since then we've truly been rolling on all cylinders and making a true rebel winning tradition which i for one hope and believe will keep growing and getting better each in every year and IMO i believe that you'll have to settle for a seat behind south ,for atleast the next few years. and also as much as i hate DB you can't compare all of tn. highs winning legacy with db's winning legacy because its very true they do face stronger and much more talented oppenents then what we do in 4A All in all i'm not sayin souths gonna rock the new conference next year but i do believe that they'll be able to hold there own......and who knows maybe will be able to give DB a few beatens (that we've been striving for a pretty good while /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) in the next couple of years Go Rebels! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I agree with almost all of what you stated, with the exception of THS ???having to settle for a seat behind south, for at least the next few years???. The Viking blood runs too deep for me to even consider that as a reality /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . And with DB??¦it??™s true that they have to play tougher opponents on a regular basis??¦but we have had to deal with Maryville each and every post season. Maryville IMO has been hands down better than anybody DB has had to play over the years. Maryville has been arguably the best, and with out a doubt the most consistent football program in the state of Tennessee year in and year out for the last decade, and DB will soon find that out for themselves. I personally see some Gold Balls coming to Region 1 and 2 in the near future with them out of the way. I also don??™t understand why the realignment isn??™t a good thing for THS and South. A conference title may be harder to come by, but the stronger conference has to help us in the long run (post season).

I agree with almost all of what you stated, with the exception of THS ???having to settle for a seat behind south, for at least the next few years???. The Viking blood runs too deep for me to even consider that as a reality /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . And with DB??¦it??™s true that they have to play tougher opponents on a regular basis??¦but we have had to deal with Maryville each and every post season. Maryville IMO has been hands down better than anybody DB has had to play over the years. Maryville has been arguably the best, and with out a doubt the most consistent football program in the state of Tennessee year in and year out for the last decade, and DB will soon find that out for themselves. I personally see some Gold Balls coming to Region 1 and 2 in the near future with them out of the way. I also don??™t understand why the realignment isn??™t a good thing for THS and South. A conference title may be harder to come by, but the stronger conference has to help us in the long run (post season).

I can punch enough holes in this post to make it look like swiss cheese.

This is the last post I'll make on this thread---I'm moving on to the next one. But---CAntyP1, go ahead and order your pie and we'll see how that works out for you. You are an idiot to think anyone cares what you think. Why don't you go back to your TN High threads, don't anyone talk to you over there?

I tell you what Core??¦why don??™t you come over tomorrow and we can watch the THS vs Elizabethton replay together; and then we??™ll see if you think I should order whole pies or individual slices. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I can punch enough holes in this post to make it look like swiss cheese.

Before you start punchin you may want to go back and watch the game film of the scrimmage to remind yourself that the next time you meet the Red Rebels...it will be for real. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You said: "Maryville has been hands down better than anybody DB has played over the years"

DB's opponents "over the years" teams like MBA, Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Oakland etc. all four of these teams have been Nationally ranked when DB played them. DB actually went to MBA and beat them when they were riding a 34 game winning streek and ranked # 16 in the Nation. Just last year DB played William Blount straight up and was in the game until the last seconds. Maryville beat William Blount by one point after William Blount missed a extra point attempt. These are just a few of many examples to point out that your claim doesn't hold water.

You said: ""and DB will soon find out for themselves"

DB and Maryville scrimmage every year and the scrimmages usually are pretty even take away a play or two. So DB knows alot more about Maryville than Tennessee High or South. If we meet Maryville in a "real game" I expect a hard fought close game that could go either way. I think its just wishful thinking on your part that DB would lose this game.

As far as Region 1 or 2 taking the gold balls when Maryville moves up, well the other Regions are saying the same thing. Their really chomping at the bit in Hillsboro.