Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great game in Kingsport friday night. So, lets find out what everybody thinks! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I like both teams this year,but I just think South is the top 4A team north of Knoxville.That doesn't mean anything until the game is over. I'd guess South by a little and both will play their hearts out.

I like both teams this year,but I just think South is the top 4A team north of Knoxville.That doesn't mean anything until the game is over. I'd guess South by a little and both will play their hearts out.

I agree, South is probably the best team in 4A east of Knoxville. I think this will be the best game in the area come friday night. South is where everybody thought they would be, and North is the biggest surprise of the season.

I agree, South is probably the best team in 4A east of Knoxville. I think this will be the best game in the area come friday night. South is where everybody thought they would be, and North is the biggest surprise of the season.

I wish they would move one of our games to saturday so that I could go to both.I'll be at J Fred and hope your game is replayed next week.I wish North was 3A,so we could all three have a chance of taking on the local guys and maybe making a little sound down the road.After reading my post,I'll make a last wish that only one of our teams doesn't go all the way.Good luck to both you guys

I wish they would move one of our games to saturday so that I could go to both.I'll be at J Fred and hope your game is replayed next week.I wish North was 3A,so we could all three have a chance of taking on the local guys and maybe making a little sound down the road.

I totally agree. Kingsport is having a great year in football. This is the only year I can think of in recent history that all three schools (DB, South, and North) are doing this good.

I totally agree. Kingsport is having a great year in football. This is the only year I can think of in recent history that all three schools (DB, South, and North) are doing this good.

It has to be the only year all three are a total of 20-1, and that one loss was by just two points. A lot of schools have never had this kind of success in their history,and the Kingsport area has three schools.

I can see Sullivan South winning by 14+, if not for any other reason than the Rebel passing game. I don't think Sullivan South will score 40+ points this week, due to Sullivan North's ability to run the ball and run the clock, not to mention a good run defense. This may be the first game since the Science Hill game that the Rebels starters play for four quarters.

What information can I offer about Sullivan North after watching them compete against Tennessee High and Elizabethon. After adjustments were made at halftime against the Vikings, the smash mouth running attack of Tennessee High was neutralized. For 44 of 48 minutes in the Elizabethton game, the speed of the Cyclone skills players was nonexistant. Now, Sullivan South's offensive machine is noted. The offensive line led by Hunter Beedle, Bradley Davenport, Taylor Fletcher, Kaleb Kitzmiller, Ashton Zanoni, and others work inside an offensive system that truely fits their skill set. To this point in conference play, it seems no defense has continuously challenged the Rebels during the first half.

I do not expect the Raider defense to contain the Rebel offense, but I do expect them to slow their pace and contain the big play. If the Greeneville defense is a measuring stick, after watching the Greene Devils play, I would say the Sullivan North defense is better in comparison. What does that mean? Anything I try to draw from that is personal conjecture, but I will be interested to see who steps up in this game for the Rebels as one or two of the big three will likely be slowed down. One thing I will say with certainty, this will be the best run defense the Rebels have faced all year.