Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

I don??™t believe that this will be any more of a test for South than any other game to date. Unfortunately for the Raiders this will be the reality check that they should have gotten against the Vikings, had our coaching staff had their heads screwed on tight at the time. South wins this game in typical Rebel fashion, and their starters won??™t see the fourth quarter. I was wrong about the Elizabethton game. Their win against (what we now know is an unworthy team) Johnson County and the fact that they played Science Hill (a game the Vikings should have won) close were misleading. But in this one??¦I would almost be willing to bet the farm.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don??™t believe that this will be any more of a test for South than any other game to date. Unfortunately for the Raiders this will be the reality check that they should have gotten against the Vikings, had our coaching staff had their heads screwed on tight at the time. South wins this game in typical Rebel fashion, and their starters won??™t see the fourth quarter. I was wrong about the Elizabethton game. Their win against (what we now know is an unworthy team) Johnson County and the fact that they played Science Hill (a game the Vikings should have won) close were misleading. But in this one??¦I would almost be willing to bet the farm.

Where you been, Cap? Thought you might have gotten lost up in Johnson Co. We've all noted how we haven't seen longhorns51 on here since Friday night. Didn't happen to sit beside of him, did you? I hope you're right about the game and good luck to your Vikings as well.

Oh, South has only 5, 2-way starters--------Kitz, ZZZZ, Beedle, Blanken and Garvin. ZZZ plays limited time on Def. and Garvin plays limited time on Off.

Who are the 2-way players for NOrth??

I thought Clint Phillips and Taylor Fletcher played both ways. North has alot of boys that plays both sides of the ball. McReynolds, Black, Washington, S.Hartsoe and J.Hartsoe all start both ways. With Peters, Pearcy, Martin, Baker, Woodard and Cook will see playing time on both sides of the ball.

I thought Clint Phillips and Taylor Fletcher played both ways. North has alot of boys that plays both sides of the ball. McReynolds, Black, Washington, S.Hartsoe and J.Hartsoe all start both ways. With Peters, Pearcy, Martin, Baker, Woodard and Cook will see playing time on both sides of the ball.

It is my understanding that Clint has saw some limited time at RB due to the fact we have been without the services of 2 other RB's, Taylor and Cassell. Fletcher is an outstanding LB, however since he has basically been the only RB he has only seen time at that position so not to risk injury to our only RB. Last week we finally got Taylor and Cassell back in the rotation. It was good to see those two out there.

Where you been, Cap? Thought you might have gotten lost up in Johnson Co. We've all noted how we haven't seen longhorns51 on here since Friday night. Didn't happen to sit beside of him, did you? I hope you're right about the game and good luck to your Vikings as well.

The Longhorn fans that I sat with were visibly disappointed (to say the least) but they stayed and cheered on their team until the end ??¦Horn51 doesn??™t strike me as being that kind of fan. Good luck to your team in return??¦although I don??™t think luck will have much to say about the outcome to this one. I do have to be honest though /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ??¦nothing would make me happier than to see the Rebels underestimate the Raider and take them lightly. Because we found out the hard way that if they can see any light at all at the end of the tunnel toward the end of the game, you guys will have your hands full. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

What defensive coverage??™s have seemed to work to slow the Rebel offense? I would prefer an answer, not a 'nothing can stop the Rebels' like statement.

If the Raiders win the opening coin toss, I see them receiving first. Keeping the ball away from Rebel offense will be a premium. To borrow a statement from kingsportfan, the best defense, at times, can be an efficient offense that can grind out first downs while also grinding the clock. I don??™t believe the Raiders will come out flat again this week after facing Tennessee High and Elizabethton in consecutive weeks. I believe they understand what??™s at stake here. A victory is not unattainable, but most likely not realistic. The Raiders can, however, continue fighting for respect, as Tennessee High and Elizabethton seem to still be trying to define the Raiders success as a lull in their programs authority. See it for what it is, the Raiders are built to play a specific style of offense and get after it on defense. They do not have the best athletes in the conference, but they play with what a lot of other schools are missing. Heart won??™t win this game for the Raiders, but from what I can tell, every fan that has watched them play this year realizes they have something their teams are lacking, total confidence. If you are a logical person, you will understand that.

That said, I do not see this game ending in the same manner as most of Sullivan South??™s previous conference victories, 56-14 (SE), 42-0 (SC), 63-21 (JC), 56-6 (UC). Sullivan East is a bad measuring stick, the Raiders also held the Patriots to little on the ground. This game is interesting, not only because of the rivalry in the Mason Dixon Bowl, or because it will go a long way in deciding playoff seeding, but because it is a clash of styles. Run stopping defense verse the spread, bend but not break defense verse run oriented misdirection offense.

My prediction:

Sullivan South 35

Sullivan North 21

Again, I hate to say it, but I will be forgoing the homecoming of my alma mater, Dobyns-Bennett, to attend my first Mason Dixon Bowl. Go Raiders.

THSVikings2004, I??™m interested in your thoughts after seeing you attended the Elizabethton @ Sullivan North game last week.

Senior night for the REBELS!!!

Thank you guys for this season so far, it has been a pleasure for my part as a Rebel fan and alumni to watch you all play! I do appreciate it!!! I will be there again friday night for the last regular season home game to salute you all!!! ROCK ON REBEL NATION!!!

Will South underestimate North, dont think so...will South be ready to play, oh yeah!!!

Congrats North on your season so far, it is not easy going through the season so far with only 1 loss, my hats off to ya...but, prepare well, the Rebels will attack you from any which way you can think of. It is time to prep for the playoffs, I would guess that everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown at you. The Rebel offense is back at full force, welcome back to Bobby T and Cassell, this, along with Davenport, Fletcher, Kitzmiller, Zanoni, Watterson, and whoever else the Coach has over there hidden, will be looking for TD's and a bunch of them. I would expect to see the Rebel run defense to be diggin in and foaming at the mouth this week, they are big and strong and purty quick. Might even see a few on defense that hadn't been there all year, cant never tell...? "that darn coach is so unpredictable" LOL

In the words of the CDB..."The South's gonna do it again"

SOUTH 49

NORTH 7

SOUTH 49

NORTH 7

I really don't think that South will score 49 points against North, and that North will be only able to score 7 points in the game. North will eat up to much of the clock for that to happen. I know South is able to score alot, but I doubt it will happen in this game (not 49 anyway). I hope the South players and coaches keep overlooking the Raiders (if they do) it will be a great game.

SOUTH 35

NORTH 14

Ball contro lfor the Raiders but I think we can contain inside and keep them from eating up too much clock, North Has yet to really be forced to pass the ball, Major run heavy. TOO MUCH "O " for the Rebels. Davenport will Orchestrate yet another Grand Symphony!

You guys are not giving North enough credit. This will be like the Science Hill game in terms of suspense. The Hill offered athletes and a QB who was tough to stop; the Raiders will shorten the game and the Rebels' enemy will be time.

I really don't think that South will score 49 points against North, and that North will be only able to score 7 points in the game. North will eat up to much of the clock for that to happen. I know South is able to score alot, but I doubt it will happen in this game (not 49 anyway). I hope the South players and coaches keep overlooking the Raiders (if they do) it will be a great game.

I can assure you that the South players and coaches are overlooking no one. How could they overlook a 6-1 team? The fans on the other hand, well that's why we are fans and not coaches. North has had a great year and I am very happy for them and I wish them luck except for this Friday. I have said it before, I think the South offense is more potent this year than it was last year at this point even with Curt at QB. Davenport throws a very accurate long ball and his passes over the middle have become well placed as well plus there are more weapons to get the ball to. I expect North to sell out to stop the run as well as South, the difference to me in this ballgame is going to be the passing game and I would have to believe that South is much better in that category. I will not predict a score because of so many variables. I would expect a full house at Death Valley Friday night. Safe travels to everyone.

You guys are not giving North enough credit. This will be like the Science Hill game in terms of suspense. The Hill offered athletes and a QB who was tough to stop; the Raiders will shorten the game and the Rebels' enemy will be time.

My problem with your theory is that against teams that are giving up a lot points, you have scored a lot of points.

Sullivan Central being the exception as you scored 9.

Against a mid level Betsy team and a solid Th high squad the margin of victory and loss wasn't that great. South is a scoring machine with a good D. Science Hill got 19 and Greenville 20. Most the other scores they gave up were deep into the game to seconds and thirds.

You are going to have to limit SS to 28 or 35 points and then score more than that yourself. The Data says that is not going to happen.