Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with Coach Carter padding the stat book in the fourth. Doesn't sound like Coach Norris appreciated that nor would any respectful football fan. When the score is 48-0 you don't expect to look at the box scores and see Fletcher with a touchdown in the fourth. That move will come back to haunt the Rebels! Get it Haunt...October 31st in the Castle. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Had to cover the spread Cap, baby needs milk! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Trust me though, if you had heard some of the stuff that was being said, you would have kept scoring too. It may come back to haunt us sometime, but it haunted North last night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Wouldn't surprise me if this series is dropped next year. We ran our mouths against the Indians a couple of years ago, took a beating, dropped the series. Same thing might happen here.

What's up with Coach Carter padding the stat book in the fourth. Doesn't sound like Coach Norris appreciated that nor would any respectful football fan. When the score is 48-0 you don't expect to look at the box scores and see Fletcher with a touchdown in the fourth. That move will come back to haunt the Rebels! Get it Haunt...October 31st in the Castle. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Gettin those Rebs in shape for the playoffs! If we wanted to pad the books we could have done it all year with several other teams. They was a lot of jawwing on the field, and off before and during the game, thats football! North called us out, and we came with it. Betsy is next and I am sure they will call us out, and like North found out, we will BRING IT!! North's coaches should have shook hands after the game, acts like that will not earn you respect from no team!

Will worry about being haunted in two weeks, next the focus moves on to the Cyclones!!

Carter was not padding the stat book, he was giving his starters some much needed PT that they need heading into 2 of the toughest games of the season. He has pulled his starters every game except the Science Hill and Greenville game early so you can not question his integrity. In fact I heard that there were several North players talking some trash on the field prior to the game. If that's the case then maybe Coach Norris needs to teach restraint. I still think no matter what happened Coach Norris should have shook hands, in fact it looked like to me he was trying to get his team off the field without shaking hands as well. By the way we ain't skeered to come to the Castle. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is common sense that in the 4th quarter you pull your starters with a big lead. Coach Carter didn't for whatever reason I don't know, it wasn't very classy by Carter. Should Coach Norris went and shake Coach Carter's hand? He probably should have, but would any of us? I know I woud like to think I would, but I serious doubt I would have with South's starters still in the game in the 4th. If South had lossed Fletcher, Taylor, Kitzmiller, or Davenport to injury in the fourth quarter. The South faithful would be furious and angry at their beloved coach. I also think it is hard to believe that North players were the only ones talking smack and not one south player said anything? In Coach Norris defense, he is the most moral coach I know. He has done a great job with the boys at North, and has taught them alot things outside of football. He never wants his team to be disrespectful. Everybody gets a little hot headed, and do things we wish we hadn't, especially when sports are involved.

It is common sense that in the 4th quarter you pull your starters with a big lead. Coach Carter didn't for whatever reason I don't know, it wasn't very classy by Carter. Should Coach Norris went and shake Coach Carter's hand? He probably should have, but would any of us? I know I woud like to think I would, but I serious doubt I would have with South's starters still in the game in the 4th. If South had lossed Fletcher, Taylor, Kitzmiller, or Davenport to injury in the fourth quarter. The South faithful would be furious and angry at their beloved coach. I also think it is hard to believe that North players were the only ones talking smack and not one south player said anything? In Coach Norris defense, he is the most moral coach I know. He has done a great job with the boys at North, and has taught them alot things outside of football. He never wants his team to be disrespectful. Everybody gets a little hot headed, and do things we wish we hadn't, especially when sports are involved.

Common sense? We weren't chucking the ball down field we were running the ball. I personally would have shook hands no matter what, but that's me. Just like Volman said earlier we ran our mouths a couple of years ago and the Indians busted it. Looks like the same thing happened here.

Common sense? We weren't chucking the ball down field we were running the ball. I personally would have shook hands no matter what, but that's me. Just like Volman said earlier we ran our mouths a couple of years ago and the Indians busted it. Looks like the same thing happened here.

You were running the ball with your starters against North's second team in the 4th! Are you going to deny that?

No I'm not denying it, I am saying they needed to be in there to prepare for games down the road! Why didn't North keep their starting D in?

Why would North risk getting a starter hurt down 35-0 in th 4th quarter? It doesn't really matter now, it just going to be a bad memory for this game. South defense played extremely well all game, and South offense got on track in the second half. Just remember what comes around goes around. South plays DB next year.

Why would North risk getting a starter hurt down 35-0 in th 4th quarter? It doesn't really matter now, it just going to be a bad memory for this game. South defense played extremely well all game, and South offense got on track in the second half. Just remember what comes around goes around. South plays DB next year.

I wish North all the best and trust me we have been on the receiving end of many a blow out. I remember them vividly.

Well I for one am glad to see Souths starters finally getting some work before playoffs, But on the stats padding note..... I for one think if I was a coach on North I would be ashamed of some of my players attitudes and how they presented themselves and thier team. I dont know who #2 is on North nor do I want to after his repeated childish display at the coin toss and 2nd hal possession meeting turning his back on the South captains and walking away mouthing while the other North player shook hands. plain and simple NO CLASS. If Norths coaching staf promotes this then they need to look up the word SPORTSMANSHIP. Then #2 got a personal on him for mouthing of once again in the second half. The shouts from North about breaking our starters Necks and so on continualy during warm up, PATHETIC learn some restraint

This young man needs some coaching on life, He was truely a BOY amongst men.

Grats South on another good win, next 2 weeks wont get any easier on you.

Cap as you stated no respectable Football fan would apreciate startes in the fourth but for sure NO respectable football fan wants to see the immaturity players on Norths team were displaying. SHame on Norths coaching staff for not reeling them in and pressing sportsmanship.

Well I for one am glad to see Souths starters finally getting some work before playoffs, But on the stats padding note..... I for one think if I was a coach on North I would be ashamed of some of my players attitudes and how they presented themselves and thier team. I dont know who #2 is on North nor do I want to after his repeated childish display at the coin toss and 2nd hal possession meeting turning his back on the South captains and walking away mouthing while the other North player shook hands. plain and simple NO CLASS. If Norths coaching staf promotes this then they need to look up the word SPORTSMANSHIP. Then #2 got a personal on him for mouthing of once again in the second half. The shouts from North about breaking our starters Necks and so on continualy during warm up, PATHETIC learn some restraint

This young man needs some coaching on life, He was truely a BOY amongst men.

Grats South on another good win, next 2 weeks wont get any easier on you.

Cap as you stated no respectable Football fan would apreciate startes in the fourth but for sure NO respectable football fan wants to see the immaturity players on Norths team were displaying. SHame on Norths coaching staff for not reeling them in and pressing sportsmanship.

Of course South has the nicest and most respectable players, coaches, and fans around right? Not hardly. Anybody with any sense will know you can't judge a team by one player. You talk about sportsmanship? So South teaches running up the score in the 4th quarter with there starters? Last night I was there, the sportsmanship of # 2 was bad, and I am sure the North coaches will run him Monday. If there is a thing such thing as a good winner, its definately not South. Wow, South fans are out of control with their big egoes! Which they have every right to be proud of their program, but reality will hit if they make it far enough to play Maryville.