Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Sullivan North can get some help from Sullivan East next week as the Patriots take on Johnson Co. in Bluff City. A Raiders victory over Unicoi Co. coupled with a Patriots victory over the Longhorns will allow Sullivan North to breathe easier going into the season finale at Johnson Co. on Halloween. If Johnson Co. loses next week, consider them done for the playoffs.

South is just too explosive to be contained for long against the local competition.They are fun to watch. The first half was a bit uncharacteristic in that they had no sustained drive, just scores on a short field provided by two fumbles. But, that has been the MO all year...special team errors by the opponent, SS gets a short field and makes them pay. SN also got pressure off the ends on Davenport and he looked a bit rattled as he was chased and made some bad throws as he couldn't find any open receivers. I think he as 3-9 for 34 yards at the half. The coaches got that under control in the second half.

You cannot be one dimensional and beat this SS team. It was obvious SN could not throw so SS crammed the line with the Safety 10 yds from the line of scrimmage. The first series of the game had SN run 7 plays and then they had 8 straight 3 and outs...including the last series before the half. In the second half SS found the rhythm with all three backs. From there it was lights out.

South needs someone to give them a game for 4 quarters. The last game was the Science Hill game but I don't think Science Hill could stay close to SS now. Nor could DB.

Look for more of the same against Betsy and TH. South is just too good.

What's up with Coach Carter padding the stat book in the fourth. Doesn't sound like Coach Norris appreciated that nor would any respectful football fan. When the score is 48-0 you don't expect to look at the box scores and see Fletcher with a touchdown in the fourth. That move will come back to haunt the Rebels! Get it Haunt...October 31st in the Castle. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I really don't think that South will score 49 points against North, and that North will be only able to score 7 points in the game. North will eat up to much of the clock for that to happen. I know South is able to score alot, but I doubt it will happen in this game (not 49 anyway). I hope the South players and coaches keep overlooking the Raiders (if they do) it will be a great game.

Well what do U think now? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What's up with Coach Carter padding the stat book in the fourth. Doesn't sound like Coach Norris appreciated that nor would any respectful football fan. When the score is 48-0 you don't expect to look at the box scores and see Fletcher with a touchdown in the fourth. That move will come back to haunt the Rebels! Get it Haunt...October 31st in the Castle. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Carter was not padding the stat book, he was giving his starters some much needed PT that they need heading into 2 of the toughest games of the season. He has pulled his starters every game except the Science Hill and Greenville game early so you can not question his integrity. In fact I heard that there were several North players talking some trash on the field prior to the game. If that's the case then maybe Coach Norris needs to teach restraint. I still think no matter what happened Coach Norris should have shook hands, in fact it looked like to me he was trying to get his team off the field without shaking hands as well. By the way we ain't skeered to come to the Castle. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry, I know it's your opinion, but your wrong. I'll leave it at that.

It is his opinion and he is entitled to it just as you. I do not know why comparisons have to be made against teams that do not play. I for one would love for both the Indian and Rebel fans to be sitting side by side at the State Championships cheering each team on to victory. By the way if you are really Ron Bliss, as someone has previously alluded to, you are seriously jeopardizing your readership.