Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

Jeff County is the second largest school in the state and Greeneville is AAA playing AAAA... do you have a point?

Good lord, are you still here? I figured you would have left with your devil's tail between your legs after Cap's post to you. Do you need to be held right now? Is that it? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have some issues but we also have depth. It all depends on the game plan. And we will know what that is when we see the first offensive series. In other words; what I know and what I hear doesn't always pan out in the heat of the action. As far as the issues...let them do their own investigative reporting. After all...we know who their spies are. All in all, we should be fine. The injury management team will take all things into consideration...including our next opponent.

As Sgt. Shultz would say "I know nutzing....nutzing." /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Jeff County is the second largest school in the state and Greeneville is AAA playing AAAA... do you have a point?

And for the record, I haven't been running all over everyone else's threads talking smack about how great 5 rivers is....you should probably go lookup devilfan77 if you want to continue this argument....ther are still games to be played yet

Anyone heard of the "Mason-Dixon Bowl" (aka North vs South)? Maybe Some need to start another discussion board for those who are interested in the 5 Rivers/lakes, whatever?!?

Anyone heard of the "Mason-Dixon Bowl" (aka North vs South)? Maybe Some need to start another discussion board for those who are interested in the 5 Rivers/lakes, whatever?!?

Argh, maty!!! I agree. Back to the Mason Dixon Bowl. Is it time to start predicting scores? Can we get some updates on injuries?

Good lord, are you still here? I figured you would have left with your devil's tail between your legs after Cap's post to you. Do you need to be held right now? Is that it? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Are you hitting on me? Got a thing for grannny's?

Somebody, preferably Comp, help me out here. I know that we get ahead big early and Fletch comes out of the game, you know, so the beatdown doesn't get any worse. But doesn't it seem "cheap" (for the lack of a better word) to have your backup finish the season with more carries. Flecth's numbers are top notch, but I think 17 quarters of work is kind of a light workload for the team's best player. Again, I know you don't wanna risk injury in blow out games, but it seems like you would want to reward your best player with the most touches.

Holy Cow--I'm not Comp, but even he will agree (at least I hope he would) that it's about the team and building a program where kids want to be part of it. You reward kids with playing time, for the hard work they put in during the week. You play everyone, when games allow. What's the deal with "touches" and as far as that goes "yards".

If he's good enough, and he is, to play college football, the recruiters don't don't care how many touches or yards a recruit has----he watches game film, highlight tapes, comes to see him play, looks at speed, balance, etc.. and sees that the kid played only 1 half in a game. Fletch is handling his role supremely well, much to his credit.

Holy Cow--I'm not Comp, but even he will agree (at least I hope he would) that it's about the team and building a program where kids want to be part of it. You reward kids with playing time, for the hard work they put in during the week. You play everyone, when games allow. What's the deal with "touches" and as far as that goes "yards".

If he's good enough, and he is, to play college football, the recruiters don't don't care how many touches or yards a recruit has----he watches game film, highlight tapes, comes to see him play, looks at speed, balance, etc.. and sees that the kid played only 1 half in a game. Fletch is handling his role supremely well, much to his credit.

I think Cap and I are on the same page. But I really wanna hear from Comp, I assume he'll answer when he gets back on.

I'm all for spreading around playing time (to players who earn it), and the whole team thing. I'm not saying to cut off the carries from the other guys. But Comp said the total season carries will be something like 230 to 145. I just think those numbers should be reversed, in favor of your star player. 145 is plenty of carries for a backup, so he'd still get a lot of action. Carries may not matter to college recruiters, but I just think it'd be nice for school records and such, to have your star player end the season with more carries than guy behind him.

North and South thread....

South will not overlook North. Coaches wont allow it. Quite frankly, I'd bet the Rebels are glad North is doing so well this year. Their character allows them to want nothing less than an undefeated Raider team with a healthy Throp. North has dropped one game and unfortunatly Throp broke his wrist. The Rebels will still show up.

Ok. My two cents off the thread subject. Once the game with North goes down, please everyone dont be so quick to jump to the TN High game. Elizabethton is a tough team. If they stop the turnovers, they are very good. W/O the turnovers, they would have beaten Science Hill as well. May be the best team, in my humble opinion, that the Rebels have left in the regular season. Something to ponder... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />