Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

Thanks Pirate??¦I??™m actually hoping karma comes calling in two weeks??¦because regardless of how they try to slice it, Carter had a laps in judgment. It would be more productive to just admit it instead of listen to all this idiotic reasoning. I??™ve though about putting in an order for humble pie to be served on the visitors side at halftime. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Be careful Cap1,lol. they will get you for "trash talking"!! I will go in half on that pie!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said: "Maryville has been hands down better than anybody DB has played over the years"

DB's opponents "over the years" teams like MBA, Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Oakland etc. all four of these teams have been Nationally ranked when DB played them. DB actually went to MBA and beat them when they were riding a 34 game winning streek and ranked # 16 in the Nation. Just last year DB played William Blount straight up and was in the game until the last seconds. Maryville beat William Blount by one point after William Blount missed a extra point attempt. These are just a few of many examples to point out that your claim doesn't hold water.

You said: ""and DB will soon find out for themselves"

DB and Maryville scrimmage every year and the scrimmages usually are pretty even take away a play or two. So DB knows alot more about Maryville than Tennessee High or South. If we meet Maryville in a "real game" I expect a hard fought close game that could go either way. I think its just wishful thinking on your part that DB would lose this game.

As far as Region 1 or 2 taking the gold balls when Maryville moves up, well the other Regions are saying the same thing. Their really chomping at the bit in Hillsboro.

Like I said??¦DB hasn??™t played anybody better than Maryville, and I??™m stickin to it! Do you really think ANY of the programs you listed could or should be mentioned in the same sentence with Maryville when it comes to consistency in the last decade? Maryville has only lost two games in the last eight years /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ! Look??¦all I??™m saying is that if you??™re going to get em, you better get em next year because in all reality??¦.all the reclassification did to them was give them a bigger net to go fishin with. They will without a doubt reload by 2010.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH !! We're real scared... NOT! Never have been, never will be. Looking forward to playing them. For real.

They ain't skeered anymore because they got that new turf so there ain't gonna be no mud now. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Cap, taunting aside, what happens if South comes out and does the same thing to Elizabethton this week? Do we pull the starters at halftime even though the most important game of the season is next week and the starters need some gametime experience? South actually needs to work on their passing game because it looked shaky friday night but when will they get to do that? It's a lost cause either way. South fans won't convince anyone else that it was ok and we're not going to be convinced the starters shouldn't have been out there. Like some people on here wanted to talk about South being a one man team last year, it isn't this year. They need work together. Curt isn't going to just scamper around the end by himself for a touchdown this year. Not much practice needed for that. I'm talking about game time needed for the O-Line to pick up their assignments and work together, the QB to go through reads, WR to recognize coverages.

They ain't skeered anymore because they got that new turf so there ain't gonna be no mud now. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Cap, taunting aside, what happens if South comes out and does the same thing to Elizabethton this week? Do we pull the starters at halftime even though the most important game of the season is next week and the starters need some gametime experience? South actually needs to work on their passing game because it looked shaky friday night but when will they get to do that? It's a lost cause either way. South fans won't convince anyone else that it was ok and we're not going to be convinced the starters shouldn't have been out there. Like some people on here wanted to talk about South being a one man team last year, it isn't this year. They need work together. Curt isn't going to just scamper around the end by himself for a touchdown this year. Not much practice needed for that. I'm talking about game time needed for the O-Line to pick up their assignments and work together, the QB to go through reads, WR to recognize coverages.

IMO (and like I said before)??¦pour it on for three straight quarters. But after the dust settles at the end of the three quarters, and you have built a lead of 4 TDs or more??¦it should be game over for the majority of the starter. And if the opposing team also pulls their starters, your remaining studs should have a seat. That??™s simple coaches educate. If the starters still need work after three straight quarters??¦pull some of them Clowns (that still think they have it) out of the stands and beat up on them after the game. One thing that is just common since is??¦regardless of what the score is??¦when a coach that is down by several touchdowns in the fourth quarter puts in his reserves, he is saying as loud as he can and still keep his dignity ???I GIVE UP???. You don??™t have to be John Madden to figure that one out! It??™s going to be interesting to see what Stacy does this time because chances are he will be faced with this again this week.

By the way Wildcat between me and you??¦while I personally think we are the better of the two teams (obviously) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> , I do realize and respect the abilities and accomplishments of this years South team and Coaches. I also in the same breath want it to be known that while we are impressed??¦we are not intimidated. I just hope that the refs can stay out of this one so that we will hands down that the best team will win because I still think they bailed you out last year. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

IMO (and like I said before)??¦pour it on for three straight quarters. But after the dust settles at the end of the three quarters, and you have built a lead of 4 TDs or more??¦it should be game over for the majority of the starter. And if the opposing team also pulls their starters, your remaining studs should have a seat. That??™s simple coaches educate. If the starters still need work after three straight quarters??¦pull some of them Clowns (that still think they have it) out of the stands and beat up on them after the game. One thing that is just common since is??¦regardless of what the score is??¦when a coach that is down by several touchdowns in the fourth quarter puts in his reserves, he is saying as loud as he can and still keep his dignity ???I GIVE UP???. You don??™t have to be John Madden to figure that one out! It??™s going to be interesting to see what Stacy does this time because chances are he will be faced with this again this week.

By the way Wildcat between me and you??¦while I personally think we are the better of the two teams (obviously) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> , I do realize and respect the abilities and accomplishments of this years South team and Coaches. I also in the same breath want it to be known that while we are impressed??¦we are not intimidated. I just hope that the refs can stay out of this one so that we will hands down that the best team will win because I still think they bailed you out last year. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I agree with you about playing hard for 3 quarters and then putting the JV in but how bad do you think people would have screamed around here if South would have scored 80+ on Johnson Co. because it was possible. The starters didn't play the second half against East either. It's really a no win situation. The football is so pitiful up here that a team such as South this year or your Viking team in 04 can make everybody look like a middle school team and then get beaten by someone from another Region. By the way, we weren't skeered back in 04 when we had you on the ropes in the playoffs before we muffed the punt. I watched the TN High - North game and you all were looking better then. You're starting to get healthy. That makes a huge difference. Hopefully the game next Friday will be for homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and we'll meet again in the Quarterfinals after we take care of the 5 Creeks Conference. My wife went to TN High so that game is special to me. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I ponder, at times, how the Rebels of the past three years would have faired if playing Dobyns Bennett's schedule over that same time frame...

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Mr. Bliss,

That's why DB is a 5A school and South is a 4A school. More students equals higher classification. You of all people should understand this. Maybe you should wonder how DB would have done playing somewhere besides Northeast TN.

Like I said??¦DB hasn??™t played anybody better than Maryville, and I??™m stickin to it! Do you really think ANY of the programs you listed could or should be mentioned in the same sentence with Maryville when it comes to consistency in the last decade? Maryville has only lost two games in the last eight years /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ! Look??¦all I??™m saying is that if you??™re going to get em, you better get em next year because in all reality??¦.all the reclassification did to them was give them a bigger net to go fishin with. They will without a doubt reload by 2010.

Its your "Great White Hope" that DB will lose to Maryville. And DB might very well lose that game. But I wouldn't bet on it. Yes Maryville has had the consistency but their schedule will become much more difficult when moving to 5A. No more Tennessee High's or Sullivan Souths in the playoffs. The teams I listed that DB has played were as good as any Maryville team when they were Nationally ranked. Thats my opinion. Maryville never played any of these teams.

Mr. Bliss,

That's why DB is a 5A school and South is a 4A school. More students equals higher classification. You of all people should understand this. Maybe you should wonder how DB would have done playing somewhere besides Northeast TN.

I assure you I most definatley am not Ron Bliss. Again, I am NOT Ron Bliss.

Yes, I am smart enough to know Dobyns Bennett is in a different class due to school enrollment figures. My point was to infer that one cannot compare the playoff roads each of these teams take. Knox Bearden, Sevier Co., Jefferson Co., Oak Ridge, Knox Farragut, Ooltewah, William Blount, Riverdale, Oakland, all of which Dobyns Bennett has played over the past decade, some more than others, simply cannot compare to Tennessee High, Morristown East, Morristown West, Greeneville, and Maryville as a collective whole. With all due respect, if the Indians road to the quarter and semi finals was relative in opponent quality to that of the Rebels, we might find Dobyns Bennett in the quarter and semi finals quite often.

As rational, logical, and moderate as I can be on the issue, I feel that Dobyns Bennett could compete in any region in the state. By compete, I mean challenge for the upper echelon in any region, be that in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville, or Memphis, the Dobyns Bennett football program is quality program, one everyone should strive to emulate.

Yes, I am smart enough to know Dobyns Bennett is in a different class due to school enrollment figures. My point was to infer that one cannot compare the playoff roads each of these teams take. Knox Bearden, Sevier Co., Jefferson Co., Oak Ridge, Knox Farragut, Ooltewah, William Blount, Riverdale, Oakland, all of which Dobyns Bennett has played over the past decade, some more than others, simply cannot compare to Tennessee High, Morristown East, Morristown West, Greeneville, and Maryville as a collective whole. With all due respect, if the Indians road to the quarter and semi finals was relative in opponent quality to that of the Rebels, we might find Dobyns Bennett in the quarter and semi finals quite often.

As rational, logical, and moderate as I can be on the issue, I feel that Dobyns Bennett could compete in any region in the state. By compete, I mean challenge for the upper echelon in any region, be that in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville, or Memphis, the Dobyns Bennett football program is quality program, one everyone should strive to emulate.

Ah yes Ron Bliss, and what would happen if South had played the Tennessee Titans. My, wouldn't South look like a totally different team? There's a classification system for a reason. Who cares what would have happened if team X played team Y? Let's talk about South and DB when they line up in the same conference next year.

You can't speculate what DB would do in any other region. A lot of DB's success comes from being "The school" around here and they funnel the best athletes. Nothing wrong with that. But would that still be the case in a more competitive region? Who knows. If DB was in Knoxville, athletes may say "Screw DB, I'm going to Farragut." Maybe they'd be successful, maybe they wouldn't be. You don't know for sure. So take your Ron Blissism and get outta here.

This whole line of logic is like comparing apples and porcupines...however tssaa just leveled the playing field.