Coffee Co at Cumberland Co

wingman10

That is because we had good coaching. We may not have been the fastest or the most athletic but we were strong and would hit. I felt like we were prepared each and every week. That seems to be lacking at Cumberland county now. Talent will only get you so far and that is the only reason the Jets are even competing. I'm not saying that the Jets have a smorgasbord of talent, but what they have is why they are hanging in there.

I heard through the grape vine that Coach Watt will be coaching at Stone next year.

I don't think so,Watt knows what the school break up done to football in this town i would be shocked if he did,I think Phil Fullmer would come before Watt

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know anything about the leading rusher. I'm not sure who the leading rusher is but I would imagine it to be Cody Vance. I know that he was suspened from a game earlier this season due to missing the labor day practice. I do believe that the kid that got thrown out of the last game will be suspended for this game. I think that might be TSSAA rules, but i'm not sure. He will be a big loss for the Jets up front on defense.

I don't know the name but that sounds right. From what I was told, pretty reliable source up there in Crossville, this kid had missed a game earlier in the year, or had gotten into trouble earlier in the year, for missing a practice. And he missed another practice this week and supposedly was dismissed? I'm not sure but those stories seem to match pretty well. I was also told that another starter would be suspended this week. I didn't know what for, so I"m assuming it is the one who was ejected last week? That is a TSSAA rule.

I don't know the name but that sounds right. From what I was told, pretty reliable source up there in Crossville, this kid had missed a game earlier in the year, or had gotten into trouble earlier in the year, for missing a practice. And he missed another practice this week and supposedly was dismissed? I'm not sure but those stories seem to match pretty well. I was also told that another starter would be suspended this week. I didn't know what for, so I"m assuming it is the one who was ejected last week? That is a TSSAA rule.

You are absolutely correct on both accounts. Vance is a good kid, but he has missed practices regularly since he arrived in Cumberland County and I guess they had enough of it.

Coffee County won 27-7, could have been worse

Raiders had 442 yards offense Cumberland had 160 something and only 12 in the second half.

KJ rushed for 201 yards and Henley, Braizer and Anderson all three scored

Congratulations Raiders'.....a little sloppy, too many fumbles and mistakes, but a W is a W and we needed one bad. Great defense in the second half. Several Freshman , Soph., and Juniors looked good tonight. Seniors keep up the good work. Work hard in the offseason and you will be successful next season.