Tennessee High School Rushing Leaders

compusatman

I beat up on my little brother as well. It was easy because he was half the size as me. What's your point? It's like somebody from TN High being proud of beating East so many times. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

sAME OLE STORy /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tausean Holmes, Millington, is the most productive on the year so far. 45 touches for 814 yards. Although it's not 232 touches like Williams from Davidson Academy, Holmes is pulling his part on the team. If he played all of every game, he would be on the top of the list for sure.

Slight correction on Tausean Holmes of Millington, He has 48 carries for 856 and 13 TD's average of 17.4 per carry, not to mention 4 receptions for 205 yds and 4 TD's average of 51yds per catch. this kid has only played in the 4th quarter of 2 games. Competition is not the greatest but i am sure that many on the list given are not playing against state contenders every week either. This kid played in the backfield with 2 seniors last year that went over 1000yds and there weren't many touches for him last year or you would have already known who he was. Millington's Semifinal run last year was heavily due to holmes because everyone Keyed on Simpson and Knowlton and when holems touched the ball he killed them. He is the real deal. 5'10 185 he has power, vision, and speed that is hard to deal with. This is a player the best defenses have to play their best to stop when you make a mistake he makes you pay. Millington has had a history of good runners: Marlon Barnes- Colorado/ Chicago Bears, Ahamad Galloway, Alabama/Denver Broncos, Miguel Barnes-Uni. Memphis, Travis Simpson and Eric Knowlton- NWMCC, but this player has a skill set with the ball that excceeds all of those great runners.

It is not surprising that most of the talk comes from middle and west TN but there are good backs in West TN also.

region 3 4a has a few teams with similar numbers. clinton has 3 with over 200, weston hazlehurst(again hes only played 3.5 games) has 611 yards and 8 td's, the qb darian stone has 464 yards and 4 touchdowns in just 6 games and kyle martin has 182 yards and 3 touchdowns in 6 games, only 2.5 of which he saw significant action in. all three of them are averaging over 6 a carry, westons average is about 8.5. maryville has t. shuler with 695 yards and 9 touchdowns in 8 games, b. jones with 487 yards and 9 touchdowns in 8 games, p. juhlin with 311 yards and 2 touchdowns in 8 games plus 2 more with around 100 a piece and 3 combined touchdowns. halls also has two players with over 500 yards each, another with over 250 and a fourth with 150 so there are plenty of teams with that kind of production in region 3 4a.

also maryville's top 6 running backs have combined for 1722 yards and 24 td's so theyre just slightly ahead of you guys.

morristown east has 5 players with 200+ yards

just thought id name a few others who were close to or a little better than alcoa's production, not meant as a dis just stating the facts

I take no offense :] , could have known maryville would be on the list /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />