Tennessee High School Rushing Leaders

compusatman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the popular websites and they are far from correct. Anyone know who is up to date?

last I saw..Justin Williams SO from Davidson County lead the state and was one of the tops in the nation..

there are some amazing RB in the state in the 2010 and 2011 classes... at least 10 kids are big time.....

There will probably be some tremendous backs in the year 2525 also but I would like to keep this simple...as in 2008...the current season. Yes, 04' I'm refering to the whole state...sorry for the confusion.

He was referring to players that are freshman and sophomores this year , duh!

Taharin Tyson and Jaron Toney from Alcoa , we play 6 different backs and they all have some impressive stats this season

He was referring to players that are freshman and sophomores this year , duh!

Taharin Tyson and Jaron Toney from Alcoa , we play 6 different backs and they all have some impressive stats this season

I don't know...maybe I'm not a good communicator or something. The year is 2008. The category is top rushers. The second category is top effeiciency...that would be yards per carry. I don't care if it is your Frosh RB or your Senior RB. If he is your top rusher then that is who I'm speaking of. I think we all know that 1000 yards is entry level. We are in the 7th week so that would equate to 700 yard minimum at this point in the game. Understanding that some of the premier backs are already triple that. There are those RB's that get the ball 40 times a game and those that get it 10 times a game. I'm after two things. Endurance...hence the 40 touch backs and efficiency...hence the 10 touch high yard per carry average backs. It would also be nice to hear what offense they run out of. I have tried to get this information on the web and it is unreliable at this point. Thanks to those that participate. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tausean Holmes of Millington has only carried the ball 48 times this year (due to not playing in the second half of every game but one. He has 836 yards and is averaging 17.4 per carry.

Thanks Mark...that wasn't so difficult was it? Can you give his dimensions and speed ratings if you know?

I don't know...maybe I'm not a good communicator or something. The year is 2008. The category is top rushers. The second category is top effeiciency...that would be yards per carry. I don't care if it is your Frosh RB or your Senior RB. If he is your top rusher then that is who I'm speaking of. I think we all know that 1000 yards is entry level. We are in the 7th week so that would equate to 700 yard minimum at this point in the game. Understanding that some of the premier backs are already triple that. There are those RB's that get the ball 40 times a game and those that get it 10 times a game. I'm after two things. Endurance...hence the 40 touch backs and efficiency...hence the 10 touch high yard per carry average backs. It would also be nice to hear what offense they run out of. I have tried to get this information on the web and it is unreliable at this point. Thanks to those that participate. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well , we have 6 Backs , so its hard to give all the yards to one , but I think all of our 6 bakcs have combined for almost 2000 yards and 21 td's so far /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well , we have 6 Backs , so its hard to give all the yards to one , but I think all of our 6 bakcs have combined for almost 2000 yards and 21 td's so far /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just for the record, Sullivan South spreads the ball around also. If a RB gets 10 carries a game he is doing good. We run the Spread Read Option. If you have 6 backs then which one has 700 yards or better. And what are their averages.

Just for the record, Sullivan South spreads the ball around also. If a RB gets 10 carries a game he is doing good. We run the Spread Read Option. If you have 6 backs then which one has 700 yards or better. And what are their averages.

I woulod say ur lead two are Taharin Tyson and Jaron TOney , with about 500 a piece , and i think jaron averages about 15 and taharin about 10, but he is also 245lbs

Junior Sam Williams of Baylor. Through 7 games Sam has rushed for appr. 1250 yards on about 185 rushes. Average close to 7 yards a carry. What makes this especially great is that they key on Sam on almost every play and he continues to gain big yards. Baylor unfortunatley has been pretty one dimensional this year having a freshman qb....who has a promising future. But Sam has been the offense....just think that what he has accomplished with teams knowing what the play will be is amazing.